Preparing for your children back to school with this pizza recipe.
1 calcium-fortified whole-wheat English muffin
Meat of choice (such as bacon bits or pre-cooked ham or sausage)
1 tablespoon of topping of choice (low-fat or fat-free sour cream, taco sauce, or salsa)
1 tablespoon reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Slice English muffin in half. Lay each half on a cookie sheet with the outsides facing down on the sheet.
- Scramble the egg in a skillet.
- Place the scrambled egg on top of the English muffin.
- Top with meat of choice and cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream, taco sauce or salsa.
Source: Kansas Public Library