CLASSIC ALFREDO SAUCE
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, nutmeg, grated Parmesan cheese, and grated Romano cheese. Stir constantly until melted, then mix in egg yolk. Simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 714.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 339.9 mg, Fat 72 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 14.5 g, SaturatedFat 44.4 g, Sodium 579.8 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
This is my son's favorite meal. I make it with shrimp for him for his birthday every year. GREAT for company because it is so easy and yet taste wonderful! I cook this in the microwave, but I'm sure you could do it on the stove too. Times are what work in my microwave. Please use your own good judgment on times to use in your microwave. (In my quest to eat healthier, I now make it with light butter, light cream and reduced fat Parmesan cheese. It still tastes wonderful, but there isn't any guilt!) PLEASE NOTE! This is an "authentic" Alfredo sauce recipe! Real Alfredo sauce *only* contains butter, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper. It will be thin and there is no garlic in it! If you want a thicker sauce or one with garlic like modern restaurants serve, please look elsewhere! Recipe #52892 and Recipe #8596 are two good places to start.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place butter in microwave safe pot and heat on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add cream and warm on high for approximately 1 minute.
- Add Parmesan cheese and warm until cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (If serving with shrimp, you might not need much salt.).
- Pour over 4 servings of warm noodles (I use angel hair) and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Notes: I serve it with cubed, grilled or broiled chicken breast mixed in with the noodles or shrimp. Add a green salad and you have a complete meal. I have used margarine and canned Parmesan cheese and it worked fine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489.9, Fat 50.4, SaturatedFat 31.5, Cholesterol 159, Sodium 312.4, Carbohydrate 2.5, Sugar 0.2, Protein 8.7
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.8 calories, Carbohydrate 3.4 g, Cholesterol 138.4 mg, Fat 42.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 26.2 g, Sodium 565.3 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
Beauty in simplicity. Great taste in simplicity. However you want to say it. No fancy cheeses you never heard of. Just... I'm sorry I'm not more creative in my words, but taste this see what I mean. For an extra flavorful sauce try adding 8oz. of cream cheese.
Provided by Rakow
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan.
- Add everything but the mozzarella.
- Cook until thick stirring constantly.
- Add mozzarella and cook until mozzarella is completely melted.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.6, Fat 33.4, SaturatedFat 17.4, Cholesterol 85.7, Sodium 315.4, Carbohydrate 1.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 5.3
HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE
When I found out I had celiac disease and couldn't have fettuccine Alfredo, I was determined to figure out a way to re-create it. I mix this homemade alfredo sauce with gluten-free multigrain pasta, but you can use any style of pasta. -Jackie Charlesworth Stiff, Frederick, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add cream; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in Asiago, 1/2 cup Parmesan, Romano cheese, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes, whisking occasionally., Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; place pasta in a large bowl. Add sauce; toss to coat. Thin as desired with reserved pasta water. Serve with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 740 calories, Fat 51g fat (31g saturated fat), Cholesterol 141mg cholesterol, Sodium 692mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
People also searched
More about "alfredo sauce food"
HOW TO MAKE ALFREDO SAUCE - ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOW TO MAKE EASY ALFREDO SAUCE - TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
THE BEST HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE EVER!
7 DISHES TO LOVE MADE FROM ALFREDO SAUCE IN A JAR - THE …
CLASSIC FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE | JEFF MAURO | FOOD NETWORK
Author Jeff MauroSteps 4Difficulty Easy
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF HEAVY CREAM IN ALFREDO SAUCE?
BEST KETO ALFREDO SAUCE (NO CREAM CHEESE!)
ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
10 BEST ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
27 RECIPES WITH ALFREDO SAUCE (+ EASY DINNER IDEAS)
ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
6 BEST RECIPES WITH ALFREDO SAUCE - MOMSDISH
ALFREDO PASTA SAUCE - ALLRECIPES
WHAT IS ALFREDO SAUCE? (WITH PICTURES) - DELIGHTED COOKING
ALFREDO RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
15 COMFORT FOOD DINNERS THAT START WITH CREAMY ALFREDO …
MOST POPULAR FOOD FOR ASMR + ALFREDO SAUCE …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #sauces #condiments-etc #eggs-dairy #easy #european #italian #cheese #dietary #high-calcium #low-carb #savory-sauces #high-in-something #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Alfredo sauce?Enjoy alfredo sauce right when you need it! Whisk dairy ingredients together: In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add and whisk seasonings: Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth.
What's in Hellmann's Alfredo sauce?Alfredo SauceHellmann's country crock spread, grated Parmesan cheese, hellmann's or best foods real mayonnaise and 2 more Easy Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce | Skinny Alfredo SauceFlour On My Face pepper, flour, salt, milk, grated Parmesan cheese, Parmesan cheese and 2 more
What to do with leftover Alfredo sauce?Keep scrolling to get 15 ideas for dinners that owe their deliciousness to Alfredo sauce. Mushrooms, peppers, and shrimp are simmered in rich and creamy Alfredo sauce (the recipe uses jarred sauce but you could easily make your own), and tossed with penne pasta for a satisfying comfort food supper.
What is fettuccine Alfredo?Named for an Italian restaurateur, the original version of Fettuccine Alfredo was simply fresh pasta tossed with butter and cheese. (If you want to recreate Alfredo Di Lelio's iconic dish, try this recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo III .)