AMISH COLE SLAW
Found posted on allrecipes.com by Christina J. I've been told this is the closest copycat recipe for Primanti Bro's cole slaw. Fingers crossed. I plan on making it today for a BBQ. Cooking time includes minimum refrigeration time. It was recommended that slaw be refrigerated overnight and served with a slotted spoon to drain excess dressing.
Provided by McGelby
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt, celery seed, 1 teaspoon white sugar, mustard and oil.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Cool completely, then pour over cabbage mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 8-24 hours for best flavor.
- Toss again prior to serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.9, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 2.7, Sodium 319.9, Carbohydrate 27.3, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 23.5, Protein 1.7
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, and 1 cup sugar. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt, celery seed, 1 teaspoon white sugar, mustard and oil. Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes. Cool completely, then pour over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.4 g, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 312 mg, Sugar 30 g
AMISH BROCCOLI SALAD
- Combine chopped broccoli and cauliflower in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar and salt to make a dressing.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli/cauliflower mix, stirring to evenly coat the veggies.
- Stir in the bacon and cheese, reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of salad just before serving.
- Refridgerate until serving.
People also searched
More about "amish slaw food"
AMISH FREEZER SLAW RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
5/5 (1)Category Salad, Side DishServings 5Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
AMISH SLAW - THE BEST, EASY AND DELICIOUS
Reviews 6Category Side DishCuisine American, Amish
AMISH VINEGAR SLAW (OLD FASHIONED COLESLAW) - DINNER, …
AUTHENTIC AMISH CREAMY COLESLAW » AMISH 365
ASIAN SLAW - MENU - COOPER'S HAWK WINERY & RESTAURANT - YELP
AMISH COLE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | AMISH RECIPES
UP TO 33% OFF AMISH DINING ROOM TABLES - AMISH OUTLET STORE
AMISH COLE SLAW RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, SLAW, …
AMISH MARKETS – VIRGINIA
AMISH PEPPER SLAW RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AMISH SLAW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AMISH COLESLAW RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AMISH SLAW FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
PEPPER SLAW RECIPE AMISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AMISH COLESLAW - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
AMISH COLESLAW DRESSING RECIPE - AMISH HERITAGE
AMISH COLESLAW - AMISH365.COM - EASY AND DELICIOUS!
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Amish coleslaw?Amish Coleslaw: cool, creamy slaw is a staple in most Amish cook's summer food arsenal. There are as many variations on slaw as there is in Amish communities. An Amish man in Virginia was using his muscle to grind and shred thick heads of cabbage into what would eventually be made into slaw. Here is what Wikipedia says about slaw:
Can Amish slaw be prepared in advance?Since there’s no creamy dressing, the Amish Slaw keeps its fresh texture longer. You can start the prep time a couple of days in advance. After slicing the vegetables, and a brief cooking time for the dressing, all you have to do is mix it all together and cover the dish.
How do you make cole slaw without mayonnaise?This is a lovely cole slaw recipe for those who like slaw without mayonnaise. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, and 1 cup sugar. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt, celery seed, 1 teaspoon white sugar, mustard and oil. Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes.
How to make freezer slaw?How to Make Freezer Slaw: 1 Shred cabbage, green peppers, carrots and onions; sprinkle with salt and let stand for 1 hour. 2 Boil sugar, dry mustard, water, and vinegar for 3 minutes; let cool. 3 Drain any excess liquid from the vegetables; pour dressing over top, and marinate for 5 minutes.