INDIVIDUAL PUFF PASTRY APPLE PIES
Plump little apple pies made out of puff pastry.This recipe seems so simple, and one to impress and please family and friends alike.I received this recipe from my mom, but I haven't tried it yet, I can't wait go out and buy the puff pastry so I can make it. I hope you enjoy it!
Provided by chef FIFI
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Thaw puff pastry according to directions on package.
- Peel, core and chop apples up coarsely.
- Combine apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Flour surface lightly and cut pastry sheet into nine 3x3 squares.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup apple mixture on each square and brush edge with beaten egg.
- Place second pastry square on the top of the already filled pastry to form a pocket.
- Press down border with fingers to seal and then press with fork to decorate the edges.
- Make a 1-inch L shape incision into each pie and fold back the pastry flap.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and give each one an egg wash.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.8, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 20.7, Sodium 143.8, Carbohydrate 33.2, Fiber 1, Sugar 8.5, Protein 4.7
APPLE PIE PASTRIES
My coworker Debbie treated the office to these spectacular mini apple pies. Everyone fell in love with the warm filling and flaky, buttery crust of this apple pastry. -Ginny Alfano, Canastota, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle. , Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly; set aside. Melt the remaining butter. Cut apples into 1/2-in. rings., Shape dough into sixteen 11/2-in. balls; roll into 5-in. circles. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. , Place one apple ring in the center of each circle. Top each with 2 teaspoons brown sugar mixture. Fold edges of dough over apple rings, leaving centers uncovered; crimp edges. Brush dough with remaining melted butter; sprinkle with sugar., Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 16g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 274mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ULTIMATE APPLE PIE
Try our classic Bramley apple pie with homemade shortcrust pastry. Simplicity is key to this traditional dish which makes for a comforting family pudding.
Provided by Angela Nilsen
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put a layer of paper towels on a large baking sheet. Quarter, core, peel and slice the apples about 5mm thick and lay evenly on the baking sheet. Put paper towels on top and set aside while you make and chill the pastry.
- For the pastry, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until just mixed. Break in a whole egg and a yolk (keep the white for glazing later). Beat together for just under 1 min - it will look a bit like scrambled egg. Now work in the flour with a wooden spoon, a third at a time, until it's beginning to clump up, then finish gathering it together with your hands. Gently work the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film, and chill for 45 mins. Now mix the 140g/5oz sugar, the cinnamon and flour for the filling in a bowl that is large enough to take the apples later.
- After the pastry has chilled, heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Lightly beat the egg white with a fork. Cut off a third of the pastry and keep it wrapped while you roll out the rest, and use this to line a pie tin - 20-22cm round and 4cm deep - leaving a slight overhang. Roll the remaining third to a circle about 28cm in diameter. Pat the apples dry with kitchen paper, and tip them into the bowl with the cinnamon-sugar mix. Give a quick mix with your hands and immediately pile high into the pastry-lined tin.
- Brush a little water around the pastry rim and lay the pastry lid over the apples pressing the edges together to seal. Trim the edge with a sharp knife and make 5 little slashes on top of the lid for the steam to escape. (Can be frozen at this stage.) Brush it all with the egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 40-45 mins, until golden, then remove and let it sit for 5-10 mins. Sprinkle with more sugar and serve while still warm from the oven with softly whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 695 calories, Fat 33 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 95 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 32 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.79 milligram of sodium
BASIC PIE DOUGH FOR APPLE PIE
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, and sugar; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with just a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed with fingers (if necessary, add up to 1/4 cup more water, 1 tablespoon at a time). To help ensure a flaky crust, do not overprocess.
- Transfer half of dough (still crumbly) onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form dough into a disk 3/4 inch thick; wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (and up to 3 days). Repeat with remaining dough. Makes 2 disks.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the butter or margarine. Using your fingers, mix together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add about 3 tbsp cold water - 1 tbsp at a time - to bind the mixture into a ball. Then wrap it in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge while you prepare the apples, or for 30 mins if you have time.
- While the pastry is chilling, core the apples, then cut into even-sized chunks so they all cook in the same amount of time. Put the apples into the pie dish, drizzle over the honey and add the cinnamon, mixed spice and about 2 tbsp water.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured work surface until it is large enough to cover the pie dish. Using the rolling pin, carefully lift the pastry and lay it over the top of the apple mixture. Carefully trim off the excess pastry (this can be rerolled and cut into shapes to decorate the pie crust if you like) and press the pastry edges onto the dish to create a seal.
- Make a small cut in the pastry so that the air can escape during cooking, then brush with beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake the pie in the oven for 20-30 mins until the pastry is golden and sandy in appearance and the apple filling is bubbling and hot. Serve while still warm with crème fraîche, ice cream or natural yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "apple pie pastry food"
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT APPLE PIE CRUST - TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
APPLE PIE RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
10 BEST APPLE PASTRY DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE PIE RECIPES
APPLE PIE PUFF PASTRY TURKEY RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 9Difficulty Intermediate
FRESH-BAKED APPLE PIE 9" • PRE-ORDER, IN-STORE PICK UP
APPLE PIE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MOM'S APPLE PIE COMPANY
EASY APPLE PIE WITH PUFF PASTRY - GASTRONOTHERAPY
APPLE PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
APPLE PIE WITH HOMEMADE PASTRY - WARM FROM THE OVEN
APPLE PIE PUFF PASTRY | GRACE RECIPES | GRACE FOODS
APPLE PIE DELIVERY IN RESTON | DISCOVER APPLE PIE RESTAURANTS WITH ...
GORDON RAMSAY'S APPLE PIE WITH HOMEMADE PIE PASTRY …
ORDER RESTON PASTRY DELIVERY | PASTRY TAKEOUT NEAR YOU | UBER EATS
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - ANDREASNOTEBOOK.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make apple pie pastry?Put the apples into the pie dish, drizzle over the honey and add the cinnamon, mixed spice and about 2 tbsp water. Roll out the pastry on a floured work surface until it is large enough to cover the pie dish.
What are the ingredients needed to make an apple pie?Butter- Butter makes the pastry flaky and light. Sugar- Sugar gives it a sweet taste and a glaze. Flour- Flour is the MC (main constituent) of every pastry. Egg- Egg acts as the binding agent and also adds richness to the pastry. Apples- It’d be a bit weird if you make apple pie without apples. So, use them.
Does apple pie need a crust?There’s no doubt: A homemade crust will turn your orchard-fresh apple pie into a masterwork. But in most recipes ( including our go-to pick) the ingredients list our apples, sugar, cinnamon and “pastry for double-crust pie.” Hmm.
How to Cook Apple puff pastry?DIRECTIONS Thaw puff pastry according to directions on package. Peel, core and chop apples up coarsely. Combine apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Heat oven to 350°F. Flour surface lightly and cut pastry sheet into nine 3x3 squares. Place approximately 1/4 cup apple mixture on each square and brush edge with beaten egg.