- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of white sugar with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture until just combined, then stir in the apples and walnuts. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the top of the bars.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven; finished bars should spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan, and cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.1 g, Cholesterol 19.3 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 93.8 mg, Sugar 15.2 g
BEST APPLE BARS
VERY MOIST!! Popular apple bars with carmel frosting! The absolute best of all the apple recipes I have ever tried. Grating the apples helps let the apple juice ooze out and give flavor. Always a WINNER. So yummy you'll smack your lips!! A good item to have with your coffee at snack time!
Provided by Seasoned Cook
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 20-25 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten egg and mix well. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture. Add grated apples.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- For frosting: Bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Boil only 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and add sifted powdered sugar while stirring. Cool slightly and spread on bars. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Cool completely and cut into bars. Store in air-tight container to retain moisture.
- Note: If you prefer sweeter, add 1/4 cup sugar to batter of bars, but remember the apple juice from the grated apples will provide some sweetness. We enjoy it as is because the carmel frosting is sweet. Also, we have had them with no frosting and just a sprinkling of powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.3, Fat 7.8, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 24, Sodium 148.5, Carbohydrate 26.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 21, Protein 1.4
APPLE SLICE SQUARES
My mom has been making these since I was a kid, and they are the hit of every family get-together, from my brothers and sisters all the way down to the grandchildren; it is even spreading to my in-laws. Enjoy this family-favorite.
Provided by Fred
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk 2 cups flour and salt together in a bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture using a pastry blender or a fork until crumbly.
- Whisk water, eggs, and lemon juice together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until dough forms a ball. Split dough into halves; roll each half into about a 9x13-inch rectangle. Press 1 rectangle into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl; add sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon. Toss apples to coat; spread over crust. Cover apple filling with remaining crust, piecing together any scraps to cover any holes. Cut several slits into top crust for ventilation while cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are browned and crisp, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool to room temperature before cutting into squares, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.4 calories, Carbohydrate 43.8 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 109.9 mg, Sugar 24 g
WHOLE WHEAT APPLE SNACK BARS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 7-inch square baking tin, or line with paper liners.
- Whisk brown sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Stir into egg mixture until moistened.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared baking tin and spread evenly. Place apple slices on top and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top springs back lightly when pressed, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the tin and cutting into bars, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184.6 calories, Carbohydrate 31.3 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 57.5 mg, Sugar 15.7 g
People also searched
More about "apple snack squares food"
APPLE SNACK SQUARES RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
Reviews 10Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil. Stir in flour and cinnamon (batter will be thick). Stir in apples and nuts. Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
HEALTHY APPLE SNACKS. 100+ FUN & EASY RECIPES YOU …
APPLE SNACK SQUARES SO TASTY - FOOD GRABS
APPLE SNACK SQUARES | RECIPE | APPLE SNACKS, APPLE RECIPES, SNACK …
APPLE SNACK SQUARES THE BEST RECIPES - CASOI.BLOGSPOT.COM
APPLE SNACK SQUARES - PLAIN.RECIPES
NUTTY APPLE SNACK SQUARES NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
APPLE-OAT SNACK SQUARES | MRFOOD.COM
APPLE-OAT SNACK SQUARES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
APPLE SQUARES SNACK RECIPE - FOOD.COM
APPLE SNACK SQUARES | RECIPE | LEMON BARS RECIPE, SNACKS, APPLE …
APPLE SNACK SQUARES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
BUTTERSCOTCH APPLE SNACK SQUARES | APPLE SNACKS, SNACKS, FOOD
APPLE SNACK SQUARES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple snack squares?These Apple Snack Squares are a mixture between a bar and cake filled with apples, walnuts, and cinnamon. Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil. Stir in flour and cinnamon (batter will be thick).
What are the best apple snack recipes for kids?These apple snack recipes broke the mold – they’re unique, flavor-filled and will be loved by all ages! (1) Honeycrisp Apple Quesadilla: All hail the king of sweet and savory recipes! These quesadillas aim to please with sweet apples and salty bacon and cheese as the highlights. (via Home and Plate)
What can I do with my apples?Get ready to transform your apples into healthy apple snacks with recipes ranging from granola bars, to muffins, breads, dips, smoothies, chips, sliced snacks and more! Ready? Let’s dive in!
What is the best way to make apple and walnut bars?Stir in the egg and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture until just combined, then stir in the apples and walnuts. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the top of the bars.