- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and cayenne. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brush with the glaze.
- Roast, basting with the glaze, for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and roast for 10 minutes more. Baste the chicken with the glaze and roast 5 minutes more, or until the glaze is just crisp.
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown chicken in heated skillet.
- Add chicken broth, jam and soy sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is done (no longer pink in the center).
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water to sauce to thicken (equal amounts more of each if you like it thicker). Return chicken to skillet and turn to coat thoroughly with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.1 calories, Carbohydrate 35.1 g, Cholesterol 83.1 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 226.8 mg, Sugar 30.9 g
SPICY APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a small bowl, stir together jam and red-pepper flakes; set glaze aside.
- Place chicken on an aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil until chicken begins to turn opaque, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Brush glaze on chicken. Broil until glaze is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 165 degrees, 4 to 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 g, Fat 2 g, Protein 39 g
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN WITH SPRING VEGETABLES
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 or 5 large chunks; season with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until browned on all sides and almost cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add the carrots and 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer until the carrots are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover and increase the heat to medium high. Cook until the water evaporates, 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add the asparagus, snow peas and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet along with the apricot preserves, mustard, scallions, tarragon and lemon zest. Simmer, tossing, until the preserves are melted and the chicken and vegetables are glazed; season with salt and pepper.
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN WITH DRIED PLUMS AND SAGE
This is an elegant way to make a whole lot of chicken that tastes really, really good. It's kind of sweet and sour; sweet from the apricot preserves and the plums and sour from the bit of vinegar that I add. But what makes this dish are the sage leaves. They give a distinctive taste to the dish and make it a beautiful, festive platter that you can really be proud of.
Provided by Dave Lieberman
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim any extra fat from the chicken pieces and transfer them to a large roasting pan or broiler pan. If you don't have a roasting pan that's large enough, use 2 identical 13 by 9-inch baking pans.
- Toss all of the ingredients together with the chicken until the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Arrange the chicken pieces skin-side up in the pan, spaced evenly apart.
- If you're looking to prepare in advance, you can do everything up to this point and cover the roasting dishes and refrigerate until you're ready to roast the chicken.
- Roast, uncovered, until the tops of the chicken pieces are browned and the chicken is cooked through, and the juices run clear, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calorie, Fat 13 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 115 milligrams, Sodium 238 milligrams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 29 grams
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN
We really like Apricot Chicken. In the summer I hate to heat up the house. DH made this for a cookout. Absolutely delicious! **There is also a variation in the directions for Asian Glazed Chicken. *PLEASE NOTE!* For easier clean up I would suggest using a grill pan or aluminum to cook the chicken on. Found this recipe in Cooking Light.
Provided by kittycatmom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- 3. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
- Asian-Glazed Grilled Chicken Variation:.
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce), and 3 minced garlic cloves, stirring well until blended. Prepare Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken, omitting apricot preserves, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Baste chicken with hoisin mixture after each turn. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN TENDERS (OAMC)
- Cooking Day Instructions: In large freezer bag, combine marinade ingredients (oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf). Add chicken, toss to coat, and marinade at room temp one hour.
- Prepare Apricot Glaze: Melt butter over moderate heat. Add vinegar, preserves, soy sauce, mustard, and spices. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thick. Place mixture in a food processor or blender and puree. Freeze glaze in a separate freezer bag. Store in freezer together with marinated chicken.
- Serving Day Instructions: Thaw chicken pieces and discard marinade. Place chicken on rack of broiler pan and broil 6 inches from heat, 5 minutes on each side. Baste chicken generously with glaze and broil 3 minutes on each side or until well glazed and brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 782.6, Fat 42.3, SaturatedFat 10.2, Cholesterol 152.9, Sodium 621.5, Carbohydrate 53.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 29.8, Protein 48.7
SAUCY APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN
Here is yet another APRICOT CHICKEN recipe BUT it is made in the crockpot. Tastes really moist and has a wonderful sauce. Serve over cooked wild rice or white rice.Hope you enjoy! Update 05/09/2009 - hi there, I wanted to let you know - that I have used different fruits when making this and I always end up with the apricot preserve!
Provided by Manami
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In medium bowl, mix together the preserves, dressing, dry soup & red pepper flakes (if using) until well blended.
- Arrange 3 of the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Spoon a fourth of the apricot mixture on top add 3 more layers of chicken with the apricot mixture in between & on top.
- Cover & cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce the heat setting to low & continue cooking covered for 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is tender & white throughout; DON'T overcook or the chicken will toughen.
- Serve with potatoes, rice, couscous or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.9, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 137.2, Sodium 744, Carbohydrate 38.8, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 21.1, Protein 55.4
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS
A simple and quick main dish designed for busy nights or cooking novices. Add a steamed vegetable and rice and a tasty dinner is on the table in 30 minutes or less. I like to include the hot sauce not to make this a spicy dish but to cut the sweetness just a bit. Planning to try this on the grill this summer as it should work very well. (WW 4 pts)
Provided by justcallmetoni
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the broiler. Line the broiler pan with aluminum foil. (The foil is a must for quick clean up.) Spray the broiler-pan rack with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- In a cup, stir together the preserves or marmalade, ketchup, and vinegar. Add the tabasco if you are planning to include.
- Season the chicken breasts with the thyme and salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken breasts, skin side down, on the prepared pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn and broil for 3 minutes. (If you are using larger chicken breasts, adjust the cooking time.)
- Brush each chicken breast with some of the fruit glaze and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the glaze is bubbly and the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part. Turn the chicken (it should now be skin side up) and brush on the rest of the glaze an broil an additional minute.
- Remove from the broiler and serve.
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS OR DRUMETTES
You may use mixed chicken pieces in place of the legs for this recipe, also you can use about 3 to 3-1/2 pounds chicken wings, separated in half at the joint in place of the chicken pieces to serve at a get-togther, see note below --- I always add in a sliced green bell pepper and a sliced onion on the bottom of the pan but that is optional. Serve this with cooked rice. You will *love* this, I promise, the sauce is delicious and the amount is enough for up to 3 pounds of chicken legs or pieces :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sliced green pepper and sliced onion in the baking dish, if using.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken in hot oil until very well browned on all sides.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish on top of the onions and pepper slices.
- In a saucepan melt butter and saute the onion and garlic with chili pepper (beware! use only 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon chili powder it is VERY hot!) or chili flakes for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients (except the cornstarch and water) bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20.
- In a small cup whisk together the cold water with cornstarch, add to the simmering sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, with tongs turn the chicken pieces to coat with the sauce.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the chicken legs are cooked.
- NOTE* for wings (do not brown wings firstly)use about 3-1/2 pounds.
- Prepare the sauce as directed.
- Place the wings in a shallow baking sheet (omitting onion and green pepper) then pour the prepared sauce over wings, and turn to coat.
- Bake 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the wings are cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1253.6, Fat 41.7, SaturatedFat 15.5, Cholesterol 306.9, Sodium 2285.4, Carbohydrate 156.1, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 117.6, Protein 70.2
- Cook shallots and ginger in oil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and boil until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, preserves, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Purée sauce in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), then cool to room temperature.
- Divide chicken between 2 large sealable bags and pour marinade over chicken. Seal bags, pressing out excess air, and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Line a 17- by 12-inch shallow heavy baking pan with 2 slightly overlapping sheets of foil, then lightly oil foil. Arrange chicken (with marinade) in 1 layer in pan. Roast chicken, turning once, until deep brown, cooked through, and glazed, about 40 minutes total.
People also searched
More about "apricot glaze chicken food"
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN THIGHS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4.6/5 (19)Total Time 55 minsServings 8Calories 483 per serving
- Place oven rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. For glaze, in small saucepan combine spreadable fruit, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and cayenne. Heat over medium-low heat until spreadable fruit is melted. Remove and stir in vinegar; cool.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange chicken in single layer. Pour apricot glaze over chicken, turning pieces to coat. Arrange pieces skin sides up. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until done (175°F in thickest part) and tops are browned, brushing with glaze two times during baking. Skim fat from pan juices; serve juices over chicken.
3-INGREDIENT APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - THE SEASONED MOM
5/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DinnerCalories 620 per serving
- For easy clean-up, line a roasting pan or a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
EASY APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GLAZED APRICOT CHICKEN | CHICKEN.CA
BAKED APRICOT CHICKEN RECIPE | ENTREE RECIPES | PBS FOOD
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - DIABETES FOOD HUB
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN AND CORN - WOMAN'S DAY
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
You'll also love