SALAD WITH ARTICHOKES
This was given to me by a friend, who got it from a little pasta house restaurant in her hometown. It calls for mixed greens, red onion and artichokes with a vinegar and oil dressing.
Provided by Cindy
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, onion, and artichoke hearts.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Pour enough dressing over salad to coat, and toss well. Sprinkle with grated cheese, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 2.6 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 718.9 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
ARTICHOKE & LEMON SALAD
- Three hours before serving, put the two whole lemons into a saucepan of water with the rock salt. Place a small lid or saucer on the lemons to keep them submerged and simmer for 10 minutes until they are soft when tested with the point of a knife. Tip the lemons into a sieve and cool under the cold tap.
- Dry roast the almonds in a small frying pan until golden brown, stirring frequently to make sure they don't burn, then set aside. In a large bowl, mix the thyme with the honey, vinegar and olive oil. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon and add to the honey mixture.
- Halve the boiled lemons, then trim away all the flesh and membranes with a sharp knife and discard.Remove all the bitter white pith from the inside of the skin. Finely chop the remaining thin pieces of lemon skin and toss them into the dressing with the artichokes. Taste, adding more fresh lemon juice if too salty. Pile into a serving dish, cover and keep at cool room temperature.
- To serve: arrange the cold meat on a platter. Toss the rocket into the salad with the roasted almonds (add the nuts at the last minute so they remain crunchy) and serve in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 2.78 milligram of sodium
LEEK AND ARTICHOKE BREAD PUDDING
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread cubes on a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes, tossing once, until lightly browned. Place the pancetta in one layer on another sheet pan and bake in the same oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Place the pancetta on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Soak the leeks in water until they're clean, and spin them dry in a salad spinner. Heat the butter in an 11-inch pot over medium heat; add the leeks and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the wine, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until the wine almost evaporates and the leeks are tender. Off the heat, mix in the artichokes, toasted bread cubes, chives and tarragon.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, chicken stock, nutmeg and 1 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl. Spoon half of the bread mixture into a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half the Emmentaler and add the remaining bread mixture. Pour on the cream mixture, sprinkle with the remaining Emmentaler and press lightly to help the bread absorb the liquid. Dice or crumble the pancetta, scatter on top and sprinkle with pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the cream mixture. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the custard is set and the bread pudding is puffed and golden. Serve hot.
- Find these recipes and more in Ina's new book, Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook ($35, Clarkson Potter).
CHICKEN SALAD CONTESSA
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside until cool.
- When the chicken is cool, remove meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones. Cut the chicken into a 3/4-inch dice.
- Meanwhile, place the pecans and walnuts on a separate sheet pan and toast in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Fold in half the chopped tarragon leaves.
- Place the diced chicken in a bowl, add the pecans, walnuts and grapes. Pour the dressing over the chicken and toss well. Sprinkle the remaining chopped tarragon leaves on top, and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Place the sliced mozzarella on a serving platter, sprinkle the slices with the olive oil and cracked pepper. Artfully arrange the salami, Peppadews, cucumber slices, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives and Bruschetta around the platter and decorate with stems of basil leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Slice the baguette at an angle 1/2-inch-thick. Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and sprinkle one side with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA PASTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - INA GARTEN
Wonderful dish for the summer and your fresh tomatoes. This recipe serves 12, so you may want to cut in half for smaller servings. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I have just made it myself. Findings: I used different pasta since it's what I had to hand, and this made quite a large serving bowl filled to the top, and fusilli would have been easier to mix so it's the better choice. Taste? (dreamy look coming over me) awesome... if you love sundried tomatoes you gonna Looooove this ! I doubled the dressing,(more garlic is good) but left the capers to be added at the end by those who like them.. the bowl with the dressing would probably have been licked clean if only the others would have left one of us at the table alone LOL ! the dressing and the pasta compliment each other perfectly. We totally adored this recipe, I hope that you do too :) ZWT REGION: Italy.
Provided by kiwidutch
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water with splash of oil. Boil 12 minutes, or according to directions on package. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Place pasta in bowl and add tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- To make dressing: Combine sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in food processor until almost smooth.
- Pour dressing over pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan and basil and toss well.
ARTICHOKE & RICE SALAD
My Mom always makes this for any lunch or brunch we have at her house. It is delicious and is always a big hit. I like to make it a day ahead to give the flavors time to marry.
Provided by xtine
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook rice in the chicken stock according to directions on box & cool.
- Chop artichoke hearts to bite size.
- Add artichokes, green onions, parsley, tomatoes and parmesan to rice.
- Mix together mayonnaise & marinade and blend into rice mixture. Season w/ salt & pepper.
People also searched
More about "artichoke salad recipe barefoot contessa food"
ROASTED ARTICHOKE SALAD - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
3.8/5 (121)Total Time 40 minsCategory SaladCalories 393 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the artichoke hearts on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil. Sprinkle on 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and toss until well-coated.Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the artichoke hearts are toasted golden-brown.
- Place minced 1/4 cup minced shallot, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp. champagne vinegar, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper in the bowl of your food processor fitted with a steel blade.Process for 30 seconds. Then, add 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves and process again into a green puree. With the processor running, slowly pour 1/2 cup olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube until the ingredients are finely pureed.Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until ready to use.
- When the artichoke hearts are done roasting, place them in a serving dish and toss with enough basil vinaigrette to coat. Add 3 Tbsp. capers, 1-2 sliced roasted red peppers, 1/4 cups minced red onion, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, and 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes to the dish. Give it a taste and adjust with seasoning as needed. Toss everything together and serve chilled or at room temperature with additional dressing.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | TOMATO & AVOCADO SALAD | RECIPES
THE BEST BAREFOOT CONTESSA SALAD RECIPE | POPSUGAR …
ITALIAN MARINATED ARTICHOKE SALAD RECIPE | WHOLESOME …
22 BEST CANNED FISH RECIPES & IDEAS | WHAT TO MAKE WITH TINNED …
BAREFOOT CONTESSA RECIPES | BAREFOOT CONTESSA | FOOD …
ROASTED ARTICHOKE SALAD RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
ARTICHOKE SALAD RECIPE BAREFOOT CONTESSA - FOOD HOUSE
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | MODERN COMFORT FOOD | COOKBOOKS
INA GARTEN STUFFED ARTICHOKES - TABLE FOR SEVEN - CHEFS & RECIPES
ARTICHOKE SALAD RECIPES
You'll also love