ASPARAGUS PESTO WITH TINY POTATOES AND PASTA
Provided by Michael Chiarello : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut the cooked asparagus spears into thirds. Put in a food processor with the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Keep in mind you will add Parmesan as well, so be careful not to oversalt. With the machine running, slowly add the cup of olive oil. When the sauce is about the consistency of mayonnaise, it has enough oil. Pulse in the Parmesan. Thin with water if necessary to achieve a slick, saucy pesto. Scrape into a bowl or jar, cover, and refrigerate until needed. You should have about 3 cups. (Keeps about 2 to 3 days, refrigerated.)
- Put the potatoes in a pan of salted cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool for a few minutes. If the potatoes are larger than about 1/2 inch in diameter, cut in half.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the potatoes and cook until browned and crispy all over, about 5 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Keep warm. Add basil, toss with potatoes and set aside.
- While the potatoes are browning, return the water used for cooking the asparagus, if reserved, to a boil or brint a new pot of water to a boil. Add more salt and the pasta and cook until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain through a colander, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Pour the pasta into a warm serving bowl, add the potatoes, about 1 cup of the asparagus pesto, several twists of pepper, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Toss well, thinning with the pasta cooking water as necessary.
- Dust with a light grating of Parmesan (a microplane grater works well for this) before serving and pass the remaining cheese and a bowl of pesto at the table.
ASPARAGUS PESTO PASTA
I found this on the back of a tag for the Majesty asparagus I had picked up at the market. It was really enjoyable, and so easy to prepare, so I thought I ought to share! I used my blender, so I roughly chopped some of the bigger ingredients (asparagus, pecans) before putting them in, but from what I have heard of the mightiness of the food processor, you might be good to go without doing so. Use your knowledge of your tools to decide how you want to approach it :) I have also successfully served this over gluten free pasta (brown rice penne).
Provided by Starrynews
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. When ready, drain and then toss with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, combine asparagus, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, pecans, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve asparagus pesto over prepared pasta.
LINGUINE WITH ASPARAGUS PESTO
Asparagus dresses this spring pasta in pastel green. Use the stems to make a finely ground pestolike mixture with garlic, olive oil and cheese; reserve the tips for quickly cooking and then tossing into the skillet with the linguine and sauce just before serving.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Snap off and discard ends of asparagus. Cut off top two inches of spears and reserve. Chop rest of spears and put in food processor with garlic, processing until very finely minced. With the machine running, drizzle in olive oil. Add 1/2 cup cheese and pulse. Transfer mixture to a bowl, fold in lemon zest, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook about 6 minutes, until not quite al dente. Add asparagus spears to the pot and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, until pasta is al dente.
- Spoon 1/4 cup pasta water into a large skillet. Drain pasta and asparagus tips and add to skillet along with asparagus mixture and lemon juice. Cook over low heat, stirring with tongs, 3 minutes or so, until ingredients are well blended. Check seasonings. Transfer to 4 warm plates, scatter with oregano and serve with extra cheese.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 577, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 70 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 455 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
ASPARAGUS PASTA WITH MINT PESTO
A simple solution to dinner made with simple ingredients. Asparagus is at its best around May
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course, Pasta, Snack, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a food processor, briefly whizz the mint leaves, ricotta and grated Parmesan until you have a smooth green pesto. Season well.
- Boil the pasta, dropping in the asparagus tips 2-3 mins before the cooking time is up. When you drain the pasta, keep back a few tbsp of the water, then return the pasta, asparagus and water to the saucepan.
- Quickly stir in the mint pesto, divide between 4 plates, then shave over the remaining Parmesan to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 79 grams protein, Sodium 0.43 milligram of sodium
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS PESTO
Provided by Nathan Sivin
Categories Garlic Pasta Vegetarian Kid-Friendly Dinner Parmesan Pine Nut Asparagus Spring Healthy Gourmet Pennsylvania Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher Small Plates
Yield Serves 4 as a main course
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a 6- to 7-quart kettle bring about 5 quarts salted water to a boil for pasta.
- Have ready a bowl of ice water. Trim woody ends from asparagus. Cut asparagus stalks crosswise into 2-inch pieces, reserving tips. In a steamer set over boiling water steam stalks, covered, 4 minutes. Add reserved asparagus tips and steam, covered, until just tender, about 1 minute. Immediately transfer asparagus to ice water to stop cooking. Drain asparagus well in a colander and pat dry.
- In a food processor pulse pine nuts and garlic with salt until finely chopped. Add asparagus and oil and pulse until asparagus is coarsely chopped. Transfer pesto to a large bowl and stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta in a colander. Add pasta and reserved cooking water to pesto, tossing to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
Making asparagus pesto lets you use the peel, which contains a ton of flavor even though it's sometimes too tough and stringy to eat. Puréeing lets you sidestep this issue: you keep the peel, and the flavor, but your food processor pulverizes the fibers, even if you use thick spears.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, quick, weekday, condiments, dips and spreads
Yield 4 to 6 servings (about 1 1/2 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Add the asparagus and cook until fully tender but not mushy, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well, reserving some of the cooking liquid, and let the asparagus cool slightly.
- Transfer the asparagus to a food processor and add the garlic, pine nuts, 2 tablespoons of the oil, Parmesan, a pinch of salt and a couple of tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Process the mixture, stopping to scrape down the sides of the container if necessary, and gradually add the remaining oil and a bit more of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten if necessary. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste, pulse one last time, and serve over pasta, fish or chicken (or cover and refrigerate for up to a day).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 191, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 256 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
More about "asparagus pesto pasta food"
SPRING PESTO PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS - AHEAD OF THYME
5/5 (6)Total Time 20 minsCategory PastaCalories 411 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add asparagus. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice water. Let cool, then drain.
- Bring the same pot of water back up to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 11 minutes, or until al dente. Then drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of cooking water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, asparagus, and basil pesto. Toss until pasta is evenly coated with pesto. If the sauce is too thick, begin pouring in some reserved pasta water (about 2 tablespoons at a time) until the sauce reaches desired consistency. Add chives, lemon zest, and mozzarella, and stir until just combined.
- Divide pasta into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese. If eating immediately, serve hot. You can also serve it cold or at room temperature as a delicious vegetarian pasta salad.
SPICY PESTO, ASPARAGUS, AND RICOTTA PASTA WITH CRISPY …
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS - EATINGWELL
CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS SKILLET PASTA WITH PESTO
GRILLED CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS PESTO PASTA - RECIPE …
EASY ASPARAGUS PESTO RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
PESTO PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND PEAS - SKINNYTASTE
Reviews 3Category DinnerCuisine American, Italian-AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
ASPARAGUS PESTO WITH PASTA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (6)Total Time 40 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 391 per serving
GRILLED CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS PESTO PASTA | RECIPE | PESTO PASTA ...
15 ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE ON REPEAT
GREEN PEA AND SPINACH PESTO PASTA RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
ASPARAGUS PESTO RECIPE | FRESH TASTES BLOG | PBS FOOD
ASPARAGUS PESTO PIZZA | FOODLAND ONTARIO
PESTO ASPARAGUS - AHEAD OF THYME
CHEESY ASPARAGUS PESTO PASTA - JUST A TASTE
CHIVE PESTO POTATO SALAD RECIPE - NYT COOKING
FUSILLI IN CREAMY VEGAN ASPARAGUS PESTO RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
VEGAN RECIPES ON INSTAGRAM: "ROASTED CORN AND ASPARAGUS PESTO …
ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ONE POT SPRING PESTO PASTA WITH PEAS & ASPARAGUS
ANYTHING CAN BE PESTO | CUP OF JO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #easy #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #healthy-2 #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love