ASPARAGUS & CORN QUICHE
My mom loves quiche, so for Mother's Day one year I created my own quiche recipe for her. I've been making it ever since. All it takes is a trip to the farmers market. If you have the ingredients, make the crust from scratch. -Yanique Douglas, Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Stir in salt and cayenne; remove from heat., In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and cornstarch until blended. Using a large-hole grater, remove corn from cobs; add to egg mixture. Stir in cheese., Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Add asparagus mixture; pour egg mixture over top., Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled, baked quiche in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 28g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 146mg cholesterol, Sodium 405mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
CORN AND ASPARAGUS CASSEROLE
Make and share this Corn and Asparagus Casserole recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Want2bchef
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook diced onion in fry pan till softened.
- Remove onion from pan and add butter and flour stirring till well combined.
- Salt and Pepper to taste at this stage.
- Add half a cup of milk and half a cup of juice from the asparagus can.
- Cook until smooth and thickened.
- Combine cooked onion, creamed corn, asparagus pieces, and hard boiled eggs that have been cut into quarters.
- Heat through and then serve with creamy mashed potatoes.
ASPARAGUS AND CORN BAKE
Make and share this Asparagus and Corn Bake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Sonya01
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Steam or microwave fresh asparagus until just tender; cut cooked or canned asparagus into 3 cm lengths.
- Trim crusts from bread, cut bread into 3-4cm squares.
- Place bread squares over base and sides of a 8 cup (2-litre) greased ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle bread with half the cheese.
- Top with asparagus and shallots.
- Beat eggs in bowl; beat in corn, milk and mustard.
- Pour mixture over shallots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Brush exposed bread edges with melted butter.
- Bake at 180c for about 50mins, or until just set in centre.
- Stand 5-10mins before cutting into squares.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with extra shallots.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518.4, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 13.3, Cholesterol 319.9, Sodium 929.8, Carbohydrate 48.5, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 6.2, Protein 25.7
ASPARAGUS AND CORN FRITTERS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Saute 1/2 bunch asparagus (trimmed and thinly sliced) and 3/4 cup frozen fire-roasted corn in olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; let cool. Stir in 2 beaten eggs, 3/4 cup grated pepper jack, 1/4 cup flour and a big pinch of salt. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Drop the batter (about 2 tablespoons per fritter) into the skillet, gently flatten and cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
SPRING CORN SOUP WITH ASPARAGUS
This recipe was found in the Chattanooga Times. It makes a fantastic quick to make soup which is packed with vegetables. The addition of Parmesan Cheese is my idea.
Provided by PaulaG
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the olive oil in a stockpot over medium high heat. Add in shallots, garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cover and allow to cook until crist tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add in the asparagus, thyme and corn. Cook until the asparagus is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese as desired.
SUMMER CORN SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS
A simple, sweet and enjoyable taste of summer. This salad is great served as a side dish, or serve with nacho chips.
Provided by Jocelyn
Categories Salad Vegetable Salad Recipes Corn Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-low heat and lightly oil grate.
- Place the ears of corn on the grill and cook until the kernels are tender, about ten minutes turning frequently. Remove the ears from the grill and cool. Cut the kernels off of the cob.
- Fill a large saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander and rinse immediately under cold, running water until well chilled. Set aside.
- Combine the corn, asparagus, roasted peppers, garlic, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 154.8 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
CHICKPEA, ASPARAGUS AND CORN SAUTE'
This is a Weight Watchers recipe for both the Core and Flex programs. Point value 3. I found it a bit bland and tweaked it with 2 packets of Splenda. I have also added a 14 ounce can of quartered artichoke hearts to this recipe. I've made some changes which I've mentioned at the end of the instructions.
Provided by dojemi
Yield 4 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over nedium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and cook, stiring occasionally, until bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; stir in the tomatoes, onion, basil, salt and pepper.
- Serve right away or at room temperature.
- 1) I add the onions right after the garlic and saute' for about 5 minutes.
- 2) I parboil the asparagus for 3 minutes prior to adding.
- 3) I add the tomatoes at the very end once heat is turned off -- they stay plumper that way.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.8, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 548.2, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 8.4, Sugar 5.4, Protein 9.1
People also searched
More about "asparagusandcornbake food"
ASPARAGUS CORDON BLEU RECIPE - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
THE 10 MOST ESSENTIAL FOODS TO EAT IN ST. LOUIS - TRIPSAVVY
ST. LOUIS FOOD: 12 DELICIOUS DISHES TO TRY IN ST. LOUIS - EVERYDAY …
9 ICONIC FOODS FROM ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI THAT YOU HAVE TO TRY
BAKED CORN WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE, VEGETARIAN RECIPES - TARLA DALAL
WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH BACON - THE BUSY BAKER
PANKO CRUSTED ASPARAGUS - I HEART VEGETABLES
ASPARAGUS CORN CHOWDER - GOLUBKA KITCHEN
OUR 20 BEST NEW ANTI-INFLAMMATORY RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE …
ASPARAGUS BRUNCH BREAD RECIPE | CANADIAN LIVING
CRISPY COCONUT, ASPARAGUS AND GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE
EASY PAN FRIED ASPARAGUS STICKS RECIPE - TASTY OVEN
THE 32 BEST ST. LOUIS RESTAURANTS - EATER
ALL OUR ASPARAGUS RECIPES | RICARDO
SOUTHWEST ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND CORN - NORTH AMERICAN …
31 ASPARAGUS RECIPES THAT’LL PUT A SPRING IN YOUR STEP
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love