BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN BREASTS
Boneless skinless chicken breasts stay moist and flavorful when wrapped in bacon and roasted. Plus, a filling of cream cheese flavored with onions, garlic and Worcestershire sauce infuses the meat with even more flavor from the inside.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream cheese, chives and Worcestershire sauce and stir until evenly combined. Season the filling with salt and pepper.
- Halve each chicken breast horizontally, leaving it attached at one side so it opens like a book. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, then divide the filling among the breasts, spreading it evenly on the inside of each. Close the chicken breasts and sprinkle the outsides lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lay 3 strips of bacon side-by-side on a cutting board and position a chicken breast right-side-up at the end of the strips. Tuck the thinner "tail" of the chicken breast underneath for even cooking, then roll the breast up in the bacon. Repeat with the remaining bacon strips and chicken breasts.
- Set a cooling rack in a rimmed baking sheet and transfer the chicken breasts with the bacon seam-side down to the rack. Bake until the chicken is almost cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle of each breast reads 155 degrees F, about 35 minutes. Heat the broiler and broil the breasts until the bacon turns golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN IN THE OVEN
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and onion powder together in a small bowl. Rub 1/2 of the spice mix over chicken breasts.
- Wrap each breast with 2 to 4 slices of bacon, depending on size. Place in a baking dish and sprinkle remaining spice mix over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Serve topped with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 105.6 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 37.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 1212.4 mg, Sugar 13.6 g
WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN WITH BACON
"Chicken and bacon are great in a Cobb salad, and they work just as well in this recipe," says Alex.
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Prepare the chicken: Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with the thyme sprigs and lemon wedges. Turn the chicken so the cavity is facing you. Put one end of a bacon slice squarely over the left thigh, run it over the breast meat and finish by covering the right thigh. Repeat with 9 more strips of bacon, slightly overlapping, so the thighs and all of the breast meat are covered. Then wrap one strip, slightly overlapping, around each drumstick.
- Cook the chicken: Transfer the chicken to a shallow baking pan or rimmed baking sheet fitted with a roasting rack and put it in the center of the oven. Roast for 20 minutes and then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Cook until the juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before carving. The bacon should form a hard shell over the breast meat. Take care to use a sharp knife when carving so the bacon stays on top of the white meat.
- Finish the dish: Make a sauce by pouring the juices from inside the cavity (along with the thyme and lemon wedges) into the baking pan. Put the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the mustard, add 2 tablespoons water and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the sauce to come together. Strain, pressing down on the lemon wedges to extract all the juice, and season with salt and pepper. Discard the lemon wedges and thyme sprigs and taste for seasoning. Serve immediately.
CREAMY BACON-WRAPPED BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread chicken thighs out flat and pound if necessary with a meat mallet. Spread cream cheese across each thigh. Roll up chicken thighs, tucking in the sides. Wrap each chicken roll with at least 1 slice of bacon and secure with a skewer.
- Place chicken rolls in a deep casserole dish. Pour entire can of condensed cream of chicken soup over the chicken rolls. Cover dish with aluminum foil .
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear and bacon is crisp, 20 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417.1 calories, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Cholesterol 115.9 mg, Fat 31.1 g, Protein 26.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 953.9 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
Turkey bacon-wrapped chicken tenders with the perfect balance of smoky and sweet. Using smoked paprika makes them taste like they came straight off a barbecue grill.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a cooling rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix paprika, salt, and onion powder together in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning over both sides of each chicken tender. Wrap each tender with two strips of bacon, tucking the ends in to secure.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder together in a small bowl. Gently roll each bacon-wrapped tender in the brown sugar mixture, pressing down to ensure good coverage.
- Arrange tenders on top of the prepared cooling rack, making sure to not overcrowd.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crisp and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.9 g, Cholesterol 83.5 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 27.7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 685.3 mg, Sugar 12.4 g
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN LIVERS
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wash and pat dry livers.
- Sprinkle livers with garlic salt if using.
- Wrap each liver in a halved slice of bacon and secure witha toothpick.
- Set oven on broil.
- Place Livers on a baking rack or sheet and broil 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Remove and serve hot with warm honey as a dipping option.
I found this online at Taste of Home. I was looking for something that would kick up a chicken dinner a notch and my DH and I thought this fit the bill. The recipe calls for spreadable chive and onion cream cheese. I used a portion of a softened brick of cream cheese and added parsley and minced onion. I would recommend the spreadable one instead. Even softened - it still was hard to spread. Very tasty though!
Provided by Chef on the coast
Yield 6 chicken breasts, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread 3 TBSP cream cheese over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired. Roll chicken breasts up.
- Wrap each with bacon strip.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake uncovered, at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.5, Fat 24.9, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 125.4, Sodium 377.4, Carbohydrate 1.2, Sugar 0.1, Protein 32.7
People also searched
More about "bacon wrapped chicken in the oven food"
BACON-WRAPPED BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - KRISTEN STEVENS
- Season the chicken thighs with freshly ground pepper. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each of the chicken thighs, tucking the ends under the thigh to hold the bacon in place. Place the wrapped chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the chicken registers 165° on an instant-read thermometer.
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN RECIPE (IN THE OVEN) | KITCHN
Author Patty Catalano
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN BREAST WRAPPED IN BACON IN THE OVEN
BACON WRAPPED PESTO CHICKEN - TEST.ELEMENT.ALLRECIPES.COM
OVEN BAKED BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN BITES > CALL ME PMC
AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS - AIR FRYER YUM
OVEN-BAKED BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN - RECIPES BY SUGAR
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
CHICKEN BACON RANCH WRAPS - JO COOKS
STUFFED CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN BREAST - FIT FOODIE FINDS
BAKED CHICKEN WITH BACON WRAPPED - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook bacon wrapped chicken?Bacon wrapped chicken is seasoned chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and then baked at high heat for crispy bacon on the outside and tender chicken breast on the inside. First, preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place a wire rack on top and set it aside.
How do you cook chicken breast with bacon and spices?Wrap each breast with 2 to 4 slices of bacon, depending on size. Place in a baking dish and sprinkle remaining spice mix over top. Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes.
How do you cook chicken and bacon for a sandwich?Repeat with another three slices. Place each chicken breast on top of three slices of bacon, at an angle, and roll up tightly so that the bacon seals the chicken breast packet closed. Put the chicken breasts on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
How long do you cook chicken and bacon in the oven?Place in a baking dish and sprinkle remaining spice mix over top. Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).