This version of the Italian-inspired classic dish combines ground beef, peppers, and sauteed onions, baked with penne and PHILADELPHIA Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme, and topped with Mozzarella cheese.
Provided by Philadelphia
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown meat with vegetables in large nonstick skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, 3/4 cup cooking creme and 1/2 cup mozzarella: cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Add pasta; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining cooking creme and mozzarella. Cover.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38.8 g, Cholesterol 64.2 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 922 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
BAKED PENNE RIGATE
A very favorite dish for me! I make this often! Recipe Source~ My own family recipe!
Provided by Angela Pietrantonio
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2. Spoon half of the sauce onto bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 3. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil. Add the penne and 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt and cook until not quite done.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine and blend the ricotta, mozzarella, half the Parmesan, eggs, parsley, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- 5. When the pasta is ready, drain and toss in the bowl with the ricotta mixture. Transfer the pasta to the baking dish and spread out evenly. Top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
PENNE RIGATE WITH BASIL CREAM POMODORO
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Heat a large saute pan and add oil. When oil starts to lightly smoke, add the pancetta. When pancetta is half crisped, add shallots and onions and lower the heat, carefully cooking so they don't burn.
- When onions are translucent, add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, and deglaze with red wine. Add the Marinara Sauce, stock, and basil, then cook until reduction thickens. Add cream, Gorgonzola, and Parmesan, and cook until cheese is incorporated. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add warm penne rigate and toss. Serve in very warm bowls and top with coarsely grated Parmesan and garnish with thyme sprig.
- Roughly chop celery, onion, and carrot. Sweat in olive oil until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then incorporate the tomatoes, sambol, basil, thyme, and stock. Simmer uncovered for approximately 2 hours until stock reduces and mixture thickens. Blend in a food processor until texture is smooth. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, to taste.
PENNE RIGATE WITH CHICKEN
Make and share this Penne Rigate With Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Provided by MA HIKER
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Saute pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in pasta sauce, chicken and basil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce mixture over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 736.6, Fat 22.6, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 69.6, Sodium 964.6, Carbohydrate 97.5, Fiber 9.4, Sugar 17.6, Protein 40.9
BAKED ZITI OR PENNE RIGATE WITH CAULIFLOWER
You can add vegetables to just about any baked macaroni dish. Cauliflower works very well in this one, inspired by another Sicilian cauliflower dish in Clifford A. Wright's "Cucinia Paradiso."
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Add the cauliflower and boil gently until the florets are tender but the middle resists when poked with a skewer or knife, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoons or tongs (or a pasta insert) remove the cauliflower from the water, transfer to a bowl of cold water and drain. Cover the pot and turn off the heat. You will cook the pasta in the cauliflower water. Cut the florets from the core of the cauliflower and cut them into small florets or crumble coarsely using a fork or your hands.
- Meanwhile, place the saffron in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons warm water. Let steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, until it smells fragrant, about 30 seconds to a minute, and add the anchovies and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt (remembering that the anchovies will contribute a lot of salt) and freshly ground pepper. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes have cooked down and smell fragrant, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower, saffron with its soaking water, and parsley, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Bring the cauliflower water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until just al dente, a few minutes less than you would cook it to serve. It will soften further when it bakes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Oil a 3-quart baking dish. Toss the pasta with half the cauliflower mixture and half the cheese and spoon into the baking dish. Combine the remaining cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese and spoon over the pasta. Drizzle on the remaining tablespoon of oil. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbling. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 326, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 685 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
People also searched
More about "baked penne rigate food"
13 PENNE PASTA RECIPES FOR EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNERS - THE …
Author Cathy JacobsPublished Mar 26, 2020Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Penne all'Arrabbiata. Arrabbiata means "angry" in Italian, and this classic Roman pasta dish gets its cheeky name from its signature spicy tomato sauce, made with garlic and red chile peppers.
- Chicken, Cheese, and Penne Pasta Bake. In less than an hour, you can bake a yummy chicken penne casserole for weeknight dinner. Kids will love digging their forks into the tender, ooey, gooey pasta, which contains sneaky nutrition in the form of artichokes and mushrooms, along with a deliciously creamy cheese sauce.
- Pasta Salad With Chicken and Bacon. Smoky crumbled bacon adds something special to this creamy penne pasta salad that also boasts tasty chunks of cooked chicken (use rotisserie, or leftovers), plum tomatoes, red onion, and celery.
- Pumpkin Pecan Penne. Rich-tasting pumpkin pecan penne features two favorite fall flavors, but you can make this easy, sophisticated pasta dish at any time of year with canned pumpkin puree.
- Penne Pasta With Fresh Artichokes. Fresh artichokes in season are a real treat, and their gorgeous, mild green flavor needs little tweaking. Enjoy them Roman-style in this simple, elegant dish of pasta and artichokes flavored with olive oil, garlic, onion, butter, sea salt, and lemon juice.
BAKED PENNE PASTA RECIPE - DOMESTICALLY SPEAKING
4.1/5 (8)Category Main CourseCuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 40 mins
BAKED PENNE RIGATE - BIGOVEN
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 348 per serving
PENNE RIGATE RECIPE | RAGÚ
EASY BAKED PENNE WITH RICOTTA AND BASIL - WHOLE FOODS …
BAKED PENNE WITH SAUSAGE - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
BAKED PENNE RIGATE | THE ORGANIC KITCHEN BLOG AND …
10 BEST PENNE RIGATE ITALIAN PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED PENNE WITH PORK RAGU - LIDIA - LIDIA'S ITALY
PENNE RIGATE PASTA RECIPES - DREAMFIELDS FOODS
BAKED PENNE WITH SPINACH, RICOTTA & FONTINA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BAKED PENNE RIGATE WITH SPINACH | EDDIES OF ROLAND PARK
BAKED PENNE - THE SEASONED MOM
BEST BAKED PENNE RIGATE RECIPES
52 EASY AND TASTY PENNE RIGATE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
PENNE RIGATE | BARILLA® CANADA
CHEF AMI: RECIPE FOR BAKED PENNE RIGATE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love