BARLEY SALAD WITH CORN AND ZUCCHINI
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the barley; cook until tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the corn and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Add the vegetables to the barley and let cool.
- Whisk the vinegar, the remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the barley salad, add the scallions and basil and toss. Top with the goat cheese.
BARLEY AND CORN SALAD WITH BASIL CHIVE DRESSING
Categories Salad Herb Vegetable Side Picnic Vegetarian Quick & Easy Backyard BBQ Basil Barley Corn Summer Vegan Chive Gourmet Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 4 to 6 side-dish servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring 2 cups water with 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan. Stir in barley, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until barley is tender, about 10 minutes.
- While barley simmers, blanch corn in a 1 1/2- to 2 1/2-quart saucepan of boiling water 1 minute, then drain in a large sieve and rinse under cold running water to stop cooking. Drain again and pat dry, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Remove barley from heat (when tender) and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- While barley stands, pulse oil, basil, chives, vinegar, sugar, pepper, remaining tablespoon water, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender until herbs are finely chopped.
- Drain barley well in large sieve and add to corn in bowl, then add endives and dressing, tossing to combine.
BARLEY SALAD WITH TOMATOES AND CORN
Make and share this Barley Salad With Tomatoes and Corn recipe from Food.com.
Provided by katew
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Boil large pot of water, add barley.
- Reduce heat, cover, simmer 50 minutes till tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- In food processor, puree basil, cheese, oil and garlic.
- Season to taste.
- In bowl, toss basil mix through barley.
- Add corn and tomatoes.
- Can be made 2 days ahead and refrigerated.
BARLEY, SHRIMP, AND CORN SALAD
A lightly seasoned oil and lemon juice dressing perfectly accents the flavors of this salad made with barley, shrimp, and red and green bell peppers.
Provided by GERALD GALLOWAY
Categories Salad Vegetable Salad Recipes Corn Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine barley and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for approximately 35 minutes.
- Transfer barley to a large bowl, and toss with shrimp, corn, bell peppers, green onions, thyme, and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over barley salad, and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486.6 calories, Carbohydrate 55.7 g, Cholesterol 221.3 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 11.3 g, Protein 32.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 557.3 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
BARLEY AND CORN SALAD WITH ARUGULA AND GREEN BEANS
Categories Salad Bean Side High Fiber Goat Cheese Corn Arugula Summer Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook barley in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain; cool. Transfer to large bowl.
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Transfer beans to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well. Pat beans dry with paper towels. Cut half of beans into 2-inch pieces. Transfer to bowl with barley. Mix in corn kernels. Coarsely chop 2 bunches arugula; add to bowl with barley mixture.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, shallots, thyme and Dijon mustard in small bowl to blend. Pour enough dressing over barley mixture to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange remaining 2 bunches arugula around edge of large platter. Arrange remaining whole beans in spoke pattern atop arugula. Mound salad in center of platter. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Drizzle any remaining dressing over arugula and beans and serve.
People also searched
More about "barley corn salad food"
AN EASIER CORN AND BARLEY SALAD, THANKS TO ONE …
ROASTED CORN AND BARLEY SALAD RECIPE - CANADA'S OWN
BARLEY AND CORN SALAD RECIPE - PAMELA MORGAN - FOOD
- Bring 9 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in the barley and simmer over low heat until tender, about 1 hour. Drain, rinse well with cold water, then drain again and transfer to a large bowl.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a colander and rinse; add to the barley in the bowl. Add the lima beans and corn kernels to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and add to the barley along with the onion. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- In a small dry skillet, toast the cumin over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon juice and mustard. Slowly stir in the oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with the barley salad, cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend. Let return to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper and toss before serving.
BARLEY AND CORN SALAD | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Servings 4Calories 303 per servingCategory Sides,Salads
BARLEY AND CORN SALAD - CHRISTINA COOKS
SUMMER BARLEY SALAD WITH CORN AND BLUEBERRIES - SWEET PEAS AND …
CORN AND BARLEY SALAD RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
BARLEY CORN SALAD WITH BALSAMIC REDUCTION | THE FULL HELPING
GRILLED CORN & BARLEY SALAD WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE - FOOD52
BARLEY AND CORN SALAD - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
BEEF, BARLEY AND CORN SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
CORN AND BARLEY SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CORN-AND-BARLEY SALAD RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
BARLEY, BEAN AND CORN SALAD - FOOD HERO
GRILLED CORN AND BARLEY SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE AND BLUEBERRIES
BARLEY CORN SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
BARLEY SALAD WITH TOMATOES AND CORN | CANADIAN LIVING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a salad with barley?Add tomatoes, cucumbers, and parsley to barley; mix together. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir lightly to coat the salad with the dressing.
How to cook barley and corn in a crock pot?Stir in barley and 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, with sharp knife, carefully cut corn kernels from cobs; discard cobs.
How to cook shrimp with barley?Combine barley and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for approximately 35 minutes. Transfer barley to a large bowl, and toss with shrimp, corn, bell peppers, green onions, thyme, and lemon zest. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
What to eat with barley?Try this refreshing salad as a light meal all on its own, or as a wonderful accompaniment to other dishes. This tasty salad combines barley, a satisfying, nutty grain, with fresh vegetables. Flavored with mint, parsley, garlic and lemon, it might remind you of tabbouleh, a Middle Eastern dish traditionally made with bulghur wheat.