BASIC ITALIAN BREAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 large loaf Italian bread
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the water and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer and allow the yeast to bloom for about 5 minutes. Using a dough hook attachment, add the flour and sugar to the water and mix on low speed until a dough starts to form. Drizzle the oil and salt into the dough and beat on medium speed for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a smooth, firm, elastic dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and spray the dough with a thin coating of cooking spray. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to proof in a warm, draft-free place for 11/2 hours or until doubled in size. Remove the plastic wrap, punch down and flatten the rounded dough with the heel of your hand. Roll the dough up tightly, sealing the seam well after each roll. The dough should be elongated and oval-shaped, with tapered and rounded (not pointed) ends.
- Preheat the oven lined with a pizza stone to 425 degrees F. Alternately, an inverted baking sheet may be used in place of a pizza stone.
- Place the dough on a baker's peel heavily dusted with semolina flour, or cornmeal, or alternately on an inverted baking sheet. Allow the dough to proof, loosely covered with a damp towel, for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size. Brush the dough with the egg white and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top. Using a razor blade or sharp knife, score 3 (1/4-inch deep) slashes across the top of the dough at a 45 degree angle.
- Spray the dough generously with water from a water bottle and place in the oven on the baking stone. Immediately close the oven and bake for 3 minutes. Open the oven door and spray the dough again with the water bottle. Close the oven door and bake for an additional 3 minutes before spraying the dough for a third time (the spraying of the dough will ensure a crisp golden brown crust). Bake the dough for 45 minutes, or until a hollow thud is heard when the bread is whacked with the bowl of a wooden spoon. Allow the bread to cool slightly before serving.
QUICK & EASY HOMEMADE BREAD
I had used different bread recipes over the years, and finally came up with my own. I use this recipe for everything... bread, buns, pizza, cinnamon buns, you name it. It turns out every time, and tastes great. My husband loves when I make dinner rolls with these sprinkled with quick oats or poppy seeds! This is my first time posting a recipe- I really hope someone else likes this easy home-made bread recipe as much as I do!
Provided by happinessishomemade
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 Loaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine water, yeast, salt, sugar, milk powder, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl- stir with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Slowly add the flour while still mixing- you don't have to add whole wheat flour, but I usually add about a cup just to give it some whole wheat flavor; then the rest can be white flour- you can do half and half also, or just all white- you are the cook, mix it up.
- Continue to add the flour to the dough (you will have to use your hands to mix it now)
- Once the dough becomes more of a ball and not so runny, pour the dough out of the bowl onto a floured countertop; knead dough with your hands for 10-15 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Keep adding flour until the dough is JUST sticky when you hold it- but not too sticky- you don't want it stuck to your fingers. Also, if you add too much flour, your bread will become heavy- so watch how much flour you add to your mixture!
- Shape dough into ball, place in a large bowl lightly rubbed with oil; cover with a light towel- let rise until doubled in size.
- Separate dough in half; shape into dough roll and place in lightly oiled bread pans. Brush with a beaten egg to give it that nice golden look when it comes out of the oven or brush lightly with water and sprinkle lightly with quick oats or poppy seeds- the possibilities are endless!
- Let loaves rise for 15-20 minutes- this is a personal choice, some people do not like big loaves of bread, while others do- so keep an eye on how big your loaves get, it is a personal choice of course.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, or until done.(cooking time varies, depending on oven).
- Let sit in pans for 5 minutes then take the loaves out and set on wire rack to cool.
- Its great for toast, sandwiches, or still hot out of the oven as a snack!
EASY WHITE BREAD
- Mix 500g strong white flour, 2 tsp salt and a 7g sachet of fast-action yeast in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre, then add 3 tbsp olive oil and 300ml water, and mix well. If the dough seems a little stiff, add another 1-2 tbsp water and mix well.
- Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for around 10 mins.
- Once the dough is satin-smooth, place it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size or place in the fridge overnight.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Knock back the dough (punch the air out and pull the dough in on itself) then gently mould the dough into a ball.
- Place it on the baking parchment to prove for a further hour until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Dust the loaf with some extra flour and cut a cross about 6cm long into the top of the loaf with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "basic homemade bread food"
20 EASY BREAD RECIPES
- Easy Cloud Bread. View Recipe. "Cloud bread is soft and fluffy — like a cloud!" says recipe creator TheWickedNoodle. "It's a great substitute for 'regular' bread and is low in carbs.
- Softest Soft Bread with Air Pockets Using Bread Machine. View Recipe. If you do happen to have a bread machine, use it to make this fluffy, soft bread for your next PB&J.
- Quick Cheddar Garlic Biscuits. View Recipe. Taking a shortcut isn't always a bad thing. Use biscuit mix to make these top-rated biscuits ready in just 20 minutes.
- Easy 7-Up® Biscuits. View Recipe. This recipe is a great example of a few random ingredients coming together to make something delicious. Reviewer Flea36 says, "These are absolutely delicious.
- Homemade Arepas. View Recipe. "It was at a New York City hole-in-the-wall eatery where I first fell in love with a stuffed white corn cake," says Chef John.
- Traditional Pita Breads. View Recipe. Pita is one of the most versatile of all breads. Serve it with humus, fill it with veggies, or enjoy it on it's own. "This was really really good, and easy to make!
- Air Fryer Keto Garlic Cheese 'Bread' View Recipe. "Only 4 ingredients, ready in 10 minutes, and tastes delicious — what more can you ask for? Once you let the bread cool it develops a 'bread'-like texture," says recipe creator Elle.
- Grandma Sherrill's Bagels. View Recipe. Follow Grandma Sherrill's tradition of making homemade bagels. "This was my first attempt at bagels so I cut the recipe in half just in case!
- Almond Sandwich Bread. View Recipe. This easy, gluten-free bread takes just 15 minutes to make. Recipe creator Joy Heflin says,"Store this low-carb pan-fried bread in an airtight container between sheets of waxed paper."
- Hi-Rise Easy Yorkshire Pudding. View Recipe. Reviewer lutzflcat says, "These puddings rose beautifully and were very light and airy... these were really, really simple to make, and tasted great!"
BASIC BREAD RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (531)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory BreadCalories 136 per serving
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
42 EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE BREAD …
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - WHITE BREAD - COOKING …
BASIC BREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD | RECIPE | HOMEMADE BREAD, RECIPES, …
SIMPLE HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BREAD RECIPES
BASIC BREAD FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
A BASIC BREAD RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
BEST BASIC BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD | WORLD FOOD NETWORK
12 EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES ⋆ THE GARDENING FOODIE
30 EASY BREAD RECIPES FOR BEGINNER BAKERS | TASTE OF HOME
ब्रेड पकौड़ा - BREAD PAKORA RECIPE IN HINDI - ALOO BREAD …
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
WHITE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD - MAMA LOVES FOOD
TOP 5 EASY BREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
KETO BACON BOMB? MUMBAI MUSICIAN SAHIL MAKHIJA SHARES HIS …
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE USING YEAST - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
You'll also love