BELL PEPPER SALAD
- Saute 2 smashed garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds in a skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat, 30 seconds. Add 3 sliced red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers and cook until just warmed through. Toss with the juice of 1/2 lemon, some chopped parsley, and salt and pepper.
BLACK BEANS WITH BELL PEPPERS & RICE
My meat and potatoes husband goes for this cheesy, hearty black beans and rice recipe, and the kids gobble it up. For extra kick, add a splash of hot sauce. -Stephanie Lambert, Moseley, Virgina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add beans, rice, cumin and oregano; heat through., Stir in 1 cup cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 477mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
RED BEAN, CORN AND BELL PEPPER SALAD
This is Tex-Mex in all it's glory! This is great for picnics,great for pot lucks, brunches, just anything! Feel free to use any bean you like, white kidney or black-eye peas(New Year's Day). I hope you will enjoy this, as I do.If you are short on time, use canned beans, just rinse well; same as the corn,use frozen over canned. *Vinaigrette follows*. You may use your favorite nacho chips, rather than broiling the corn tortillas.Make a bouquet garni by putting 5-6 parsley stems, 2-3sprigs fresh thyme and 1 bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen string. For the best taste, chill at least 1 hour. Soaking time not included. Times are approx.
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Put the dried beans in a large bowl. Add water to cover generously and leave them to soak, at least 8 hours.*See note.
- Drain the beans, rinse, then drain again.
- Peel the onion and stud it with the cloves. Place the beans in a casserole. Add the bouquet garni, onion and chili peppers, if using. Cover generously with water, bring to boil and boil for 10 minutes,cover and simmer until the beans are done, about 1-1 1/2 hours.Add salt halfway through cooking.
- Drain the beans, discarding the bouquet garni and the onion. Rinse the beans again under cold water, and drain again thoroughly.
- For the chili pepper dressing:.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stem.Chop the leaves finely. Whisk together the vinegar,cumin,salt and pepper.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise, discarding the seeds and ribs. Cut into thin strips, then across into diced. Add the diced peppers to the whisked dressing ingredients. Gradually whisk in the safflower oil, so that the vinaigrette emulsifies, and thickens slightly. Stir in the cilantro, reserving a little for garnish. Taste for seasonings.
- Prepare the vegetables and toss the salad:.
- Remove the husks and silks from corn.** Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the corn and cook 5-7 minutes.** Drain the corn,and when cool enough, remove the kernals.
- Core and seed the red, green and yellow peppers,making sure to remove the ribs inside. Then place the cut side up and dice. Core the tomatoes, core an "x" on the base of each. Immerse in boiling water until the skins start to split. Transfer to cold water. Peel and seed the tomatoes, then chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans,.
- corn,tomatoes and peppers and peppers,corn kernels,tomatoes, bell peppers and chili-pepper.Gently toss the salad and taste for seasoning. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Note*: An alternative to soaking the beans, put them in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 30 minutes. Drain them, rinse and drain again.
- Note**If fresh corn is not available, substitute 2 cups of defrosted corn kernals. dd them to the salad without cooking. If using this method, skip to step 3.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 532.1, Fat 20.7, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 40.2, Carbohydrate 72.7, Fiber 15.6, Sugar 9.9, Protein 19.6
GREEN BEANS AND SWEET RED BELL PEPPER SALAD
From a Caribbean/Central American/Mexican cookbook by the Hermes Publishing House. Use crisp and fresh vegetables-this is not the recipe to use up older vegetables from the back of your frig. If fresh, good quality green beans are unavailable, use a top quality frozen brand.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining the red wine vinegar with the salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Best prepared 2-3 hours in advance to allow the ingredients to marinate.
- Cook the green beans until tender crisp and green beans are still brightly colored. To halt cooking, rinse and drain immediately under cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the green beans in a mixing bowl with the diced bell peppers, green onions, and serrano chile.
- Pour the marinated salad dressing over the vegetables and toss lightly to coat.
- Line a large serving platter with the chopped lettuce then arrange the vegetables on top. Garnish with the sliced green onions and the sliced red onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.8, Fat 30.1, SaturatedFat 4.2, Sodium 282.4, Carbohydrate 14.8, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 6.6, Protein 3.5
BLACK BEAN AND BELL PEPPER SALAD
- For Vinaigrette:
- Boil water and dates in heavy small saucepan for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour to soften.
- Transfer date mixture to blender. Add lime juice, oil, oregano, honey, cumin and coriander and purée. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before using.)
- For salad:
- Combine beans, bell peppers, onion and parsley in large bowl. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
BEAN AND BELL PEPPER SALAD
- Add all the prepared ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix together to combine flavors.
- Cover; and chill throughly.
BLACK BEAN AND RED PEPPER SALAD
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover; chill.) Serve chilled or let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
GARBANZO BEAN AND SWEET PEPPER SALAD
I tasted this delicious salad last year at a summer potluck and convinced the chef to part with the recipe. Sometimes I'll boil one cup gemelli pasta (corkscrew) and toss it in with the other ingredients to "stretch" the salad for potlucks, picnics, etc. Marinating is necessary to allow the flavors to mingle.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large non-reactive bowl combine vegetables, beans and capers.
- In screw-top glass jar or glass measuring cup combine the remaining ingredients and shake or blend well.
- Pour over bean mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves or spinach leaves, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.9, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 621.9, Carbohydrate 40.7, Fiber 8.5, Sugar 2.2, Protein 8.8
GREEN BEAN AND YELLOW PEPPER SALAD
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Add onion. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- To bowl with onion, add bell pepper and cooked green beans. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99 g, Fat 5 g, Protein 2 g
People also searched
More about "bean and bell pepper salad food"
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
5/5 (50)Calories 169 per servingCategory Salad, Side Dish
- Place the onions in a bowl of cool water and let them soak while you prepare the other ingredients (this removes the harsher bite from the onions, while still giving great flavor).
- In a small mixing bowl or large measuring cup, stir together the dressing ingredients: olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Drain the red onions and add them to the chickpea mixture, then pour the dressing over the top. Toss to combine. If time allows, let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or enjoy immediately.
ZESTY MINI BELL PEPPER SALAD RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEAN SPROUT AND BELL PEPPER SALAD | RECIPES | DINING WITH …
BEAN, CUCUMBER AND BELL PEPPER SALAD | RECIPE | MY …
QUINOAD AND BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD - COOKING CLASSY
SIMPLE BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
MEXICAN THREE BEAN AND THREE PEPPER SALAD - THE WANDERLUST …
BLACK BEAN AVOCADO & CORN SALAD - MYEVERYDAYTABLE.COM
SOUTHWEST BLACK BEAN AND BELL PEPPER SALAD - COLOR MY FOOD
LOW SODIUM BEAN SALAD RECIPE (NO SALT ADDED) - LOWSORECIPES
GREEN BEAN ROASTED PEPPER SALAD - EASY VEGAN RECIPE - TORI AVEY
CREAMY WHITE BEAN CAULIFLOWER SOUP - MORE.CTV.CA
BLACK BEAN AND BELL PEPPER SALAD WITH DATE DRESSING
PEPPER AND BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH CITRUS DRESSING - GOOD …
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #salads #side-dishes #beans #vegetables #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #peppers #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love