MUSHROOM-STUFFED FLANK STEAK ROLL
My daughter and her family, who live in Hong Kong, love to make my flank steak becuase it reminds them of home. -Ethel Klyasheff, Granite City, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open steak so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. , In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, mustard, pepper and, if desired, lemon zest. Pour half of marinade into a large shallow dish; add beef and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade., In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in parsley. Drain and discard marinade. Open steak; spoon filling over steak to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie with kitchen string. Place in a greased shallow roasting pan. Pour reserved marinade over steak., Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; baste with pan drippings. Bake 30 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°, medium, 140°, medium-well, 145°). Remove and keep warm. Meanwhile, transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil. Mix cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cut steak into slices; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts :
ROAST FILLET OF BEEF WITH MUSHROOM STUFFING
Serve up a spectacular centrepiece of roast beef with a rich stuffing, and a clever twist on Yorkshire puddings
Provided by Emma Lewis
Categories Lunch, Main course
Yield Serves 6 with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Tip the porcini into a bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Leave for 20 mins to soften and plump up, scoop out the mushrooms with a slotted spoon and finely chop, then strain the liquid (leaving behind the last drop as it might contain grit) and set aside.
- Set aside about half the wild mushrooms, choosing those with the best shape, then finely chop the remainder. Chop 1 shallot very finely. Heat a large frying pan, add the butter and 1 tbsp olive oil, then cook the chopped shallot and garlic over a medium heat for 3-5 mins until softened. Tip in the chopped porcini and stir around the pan for 2 mins. Add the chopped mushrooms to the frying pan along with the thyme sprigs. Cook for 10 mins until lightly browned and any liquid has evaporated. Leave to cool.
- Place the beef on a board. Take a sharp knife and make a slice lengthways along the fillet, about one-third of the way down, so it folds out like a book. One side of the beef should now be thicker than the other. Make another lengthways slice along the thick half of beef so the beef unfolds to a flat, evenly thick piece of meat, about the size of an A4 page. Spread the mushroom mixture all over the beef and season really well. Tightly roll up the beef to reform into a log and tie about 8 pieces of string around to secure well.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place a large heavy-based roasting tin over a high heat on the hob (ensure that it will fit in your oven beforehand). Heat some more butter and the other 1 tbsp oil in the tin, then fry the beef, turning every couple of mins, until well browned all over. This will take about 10 mins.
- Tip the whole shallots into the tin around the beef and toss them in the oil. Roast for 20-25 mins for rare, 35 mins for medium and 45 mins for well done. If you have a thick piece of meat, it may take a little longer. Ten mins before the end of cooking, stir the whole mushrooms around the pan, coating well in the oil and juices, then leave to roast alongside the meat and shallots. Leave the meat to rest on a board for 10-15 mins and keep the vegetables warm in a serving dish while you make the sauce.
- Place the tin back on the hob. Stir in the flour, mixing well into any oil in the pan, then very carefully pour over the brandy, making sure you don't pour straight from the bottle. Use a small whisk to stir in the brandy, scraping up all the lovely browned bits from the tin. When the brandy has nearly boiled away, pour over the strained mushroom liquid and beef stock. Cook for about 5 mins until the liquid just coats the back of a spoon, then stir in the mustard and crème fraîche. Season, sprinkle with parsley and pour into a gravy boat. Cut the beef into thick slices and serve with the vegetables, gravy and some Parmesan puffs, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 57 grams protein, Sodium 0.61 milligram of sodium
MUSHROOM STUFFED FLANK STEAK
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the flank steak.
- Spread one side with mustard.
- To prepare stuffing, heat vegetable oil in a frypan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add mushroom pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, chives, tomato paste, and bread crumbs, then season with salt and pepper and paprika.
- Spread stuffing on mustard side of the flank steak, roll up jelly-roll fashion and tie with thread or string.
- To prepare gravy, saute bacon in a Dutch oven until partially done.
- Add the meat roll and brown on all sides, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth, cover Dutch oven, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Transfer meat to a preheated platter.
- Season pan juices in the Dutch oven with mustard, then salt and pepper to taste; stir in catsup.
- Serve the gravy separately.
BEEF POCKETS (STEAKS STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS FILLING)
A recipe found on All British Food.com for Scotland and I am posting it for ZWT6. I made one change as it has an ingredient I have never heard of (ginger wine), so I changed it to red wine, which goes well with beef and mushrooms.
Provided by diner524
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Using a sharp, pointed knife, make a horizontal cut in each steak without cutting all the way through. Season to taste.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and lightly cook the mushrooms, garlic and onion for 5 minutes, until softened. Remove from the heat.
- Add the parsley, red wine, breadcrumbs and cream. Mix together well.
- Generously fill each pocket of the steaks with the stuffing and use some toothpicks to help keep stuffing in the steaks.
- Grill the steaks for 5 - 15 minutes, until the meat is cooked to taste.
- Serve with potatoes and salad for a wonderful meal!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.6, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 91.8, Sodium 102.4, Carbohydrate 5.2, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.7, Protein 30.2
Get out the Sesame Yogurt Sauce recipe #25797 to serve with this. Recipe by Hilda & Ray Marangosian from California.
Provided by Charlotte J
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Slice beef into 1/8-inch-thick strips.
- In a bowl, mix beef, lemon juice, allspice and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Set aside.
- Core tomatoes and cut in half lengthwise.
- With skin side up broil about4 inches from heat until browned, 6 minutes.
- Set oven temperature to 200 degrees.
- Stack pocket bread in center of foil and wrap.
- Place in oven with tomatoes until ready to serve, 5- 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet add meat mixture and cook until no longer pink.
- Transfer beef only to a bowl.
- Boil juices until reduced to 1/4 cup, pour over meat.
- Add salt to taste.
- To make your beef pockets take one half of a pocket add some beef, onions, tomatoes, parsley and cucumbers.
- Top with some Sesame Yogurt Sauce.
More about "beef pockets steaks stuffed with mushrooms filling food"
BEEF TOP SIRLOIN STEAKS STUFFED WITH PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS AND
PITA BEEF POCKETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
BEEF PITA POCKETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
STEAK WITH STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - LAMB NEW ZEALAND
WAY BETTER BEEF: CHILE-STUFFED STEAK RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
BEEF POCKETS STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS | DISCUSS COOKING - COOKING …
BEEF POCKETS STEAKS STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS FILLING RECIPES
BEEF TERIYAKI POCKETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PICANTE BEEF POCKETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
25 BEEF AND MUSHROOM RECIPES WE CAN’T RESIST - INSANELY GOOD
BEEF STEAK KEW WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEEF POCKETS STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook steak with mushrooms and onion?In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in parsley. Drain steak and discard marinade. Open steak; spoon filling over steak to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie with kitchen string. Place in a greased shallow roasting pan.
How to cook steak on the stove with sauce?Directions Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, mustard, pepper and, if desired, lemon peel. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
How do you thicken ground beef with mushrooms?One side of the beef should now be thicker than the other. Make another lengthways slice along the thick half of beef so the beef unfolds to a flat, evenly thick piece of meat, about the size of an A4 page. Spread the mushroom mixture all over the beef and season really well.
How do you make a beef and Mushroom Burger?Make another lengthways slice along the thick half of beef so the beef unfolds to a flat, evenly thick piece of meat, about the size of an A4 page. Spread the mushroom mixture all over the beef and season really well. Tightly roll up the beef to reform into a log and tie about 8 pieces of string around to secure well.