- Peel potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch dice. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add potato; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add beef, onion, and jalapeno; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until beef is thoroughly browned, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice, cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes.
- Heat tortillas, one at a time, in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly browned, about 10 seconds.
- Leaving space on bottom and sides, layer tortillas with sour cream, lettuce, beef mixture, cheese, and cilantro, if using; squeeze lime juice on top. Fold bottom upward, covering filling by 2 inches. Fold each side to overlap, leaving the top end open. Serve garnished with lime wedges.
BEEF AND BEAN BURRITOS
- Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain if needed. Add remaining ingredients (except tortillas) and cook together for 10 minutes.
- Wrap filling into tortilla with your choice of cheddar cheese, sour cream, black olives, avocado, and/or salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336.8, Fat 14.7, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 51.4, Sodium 977.3, Carbohydrate 29.5, Fiber 5.4, Sugar 2, Protein 21.1
From the Australian Women's Weekly All Time Favourites cookbook - different from others on this site but I love it!
Provided by currybunny
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the beef & bean filling: heat oil in pan, cook beef, stirring, til browned.
- Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, til onion is soft. Stir in undrained can of tomatoes and remaining ingredients; simmer uncovered 15 minutes or til mixture is thickened.
- Divide warm beef & bean filling among the tortillas, roll; secure with toothpicks. Placed filled tortillas on greased oven tray, sprinkle with cheese and bake in moderate oven about 10 minutes or til cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole: mash avocado with fork, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- To serve: Remove toothpicks from tortillas, served topped with guacamole, sour cream and cilantro.
BLUE RIBBON BEEFY BURRITOS
I have a son who lives in Mexico, so we don't see him very often. When I make these burritos, it feels as if he is right there at the table with us, inhaling them. -Marina Castle, Canyon Country, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and, if desired, olives., In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, fry potatoes 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with remaining salt., Stir potatoes into meat mixture. Place 2/3 cup mixture in the center of each tortilla; top with 1/2 cup cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up., Wrap each burrito in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Freeze option: Cool filling before making burritos. After wrapping burritos in foil, freeze in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat foil-wrapped burritos on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Or, to reheat 1 burrito, remove foil and rewrap burrito in paper towel; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Let stand 20 seconds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 682 calories, Fat 37g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 1166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
BEEF AND POTATO BURRITOS
There was once a time when I had 3 adult roommates, in addition to my husband and daughter, to feed each day. I turned to OAMC in desperation, and this is one of the recipes I came up with. It makes a fantastic lunch and freezes beautifully.
Provided by CraftScout
Yield 10 burritos, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion together until fully combined. Cook over medium high heat until thoroughly browned, drain. At this point, you can cool and freeze this mixture to put the burritos together another day, or use for tacos or enchiladas, or whatever.
- Bake hash browns at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Combine meat mix, hashbrowns, cheese, salsa, and tabasco in a large bowl.
- Warm tortillas in microwave slightly until pliable.
- For each burrito, place one cup of mixture on tortilla, roll up and wrap in aluminum foil if you plan on freezing.
- To reheat, remove foil and microwave for 3 minutes on high.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 703.2, Fat 28.9, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 76.2, Sodium 1416, Carbohydrate 77.1, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 4.5, Protein 33.6
- Slowly cook the onions in 3 T of oil on medium-low heat until they are soft and brown, about 20 minutes.
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 2 minutes to soften.
- Heat the remaining 3 T of oil over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes in batches so they are in a single layer, about 10 minutes each, or until they are slightly browned, flipping frequently. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put slices of cheese on a tortilla and microwave for 20 seconds, or until cheese is melted. Top with 1/4 of the onions, potatoes, salsa, and ranch dressing. Add guacamole and/or sour cream if desired. Roll up into a burrito and enjoy. Repeat for other tortillas. But don't eat them all yourself; you'll die. A good death, but still death. Suit yourself. What do I know.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534.5, Fat 37.6, SaturatedFat 9.1, Cholesterol 26.4, Sodium 668.3, Carbohydrate 39.8, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 4.3, Protein 10.9
People also searched
More about "beefandpotatoburritos food"
MEAT & POTATO BURRITOS - FAITH FAMILY & BEEF
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsTotal Time 1 hr
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the peppers and half of the onion, sauté until the onion becomes transparent. Press garlic over the onions and peppers, add potatoes to the skillet, and stir. Cook until the potatoes become soft and some of them start to get crispy and brown. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. To the hot skillet, add the remaining onion and sauté until the onion becomes transparent. Add the ground beef, stir, and cook thoroughly.
- Once the ground beef is done, drain and return to the skillet. Reduce heat to low, and add the taco seasoning and chili beans, mixing well, and heat through.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Spoon meat into the middle of each of the tortillas, followed by potatoes and any (or all) of the optional ingredients. Fold the tortilla, neatly wrapping up the contents, and cook on a griddle over medium-high heat until golden brown. Serve immediately.
TEX-MEX IDAHO® POTATO AND BEEF BURRITOS
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet or cast iron pan and cook on medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the diced onion, salt, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and black pepper and continue cooking and stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans, tomato sauce and cilantro, or parsley, and continue cooking on medium-low heat for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the mixture to a separate dish.
- Add the olive oil and potatoes to the pan and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly brown. Season with salt to taste.
BEEF AND POTATO BURRITOS RECIPE | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
HUNGRY COUPLE: TEX-MEX POTATO AND BEEF BURRITOS
BEEF POTATO AND GREEN CHILI BURRITOS | #TACOTUESDAY - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE A BEEF AND POTATO BURRITO! - YOUTUBE
SHREDDED BEEF AND POTATO BURRITOS - ALL THAT IS LOVELY
BEEF, BEAN & POTATO BURRITO RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
THE 10 BEST HEALTHY RESTAURANTS IN RESTON - TRIPADVISOR
RAMONA BURRITOS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
THE 5 BEST BURRITOS IN RESTON - TRIPADVISOR
SAVAGE BURRITO - FOOD FOR THE BOLD - FOOD FOR THE BOLD
THE 5 BEST FRENCH RESTAURANTS IN RESTON - TRIPADVISOR
BEEF & POTATO BURRITOS | ALLY'S SWEET & SAVORY EATS
You'll also love