PERFECT FRENCH FRIES
In a nutshell, here it is: Soak potatoes, dry potatoes, fry potatoes, drain potatoes, then fry again!
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield s: 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Peel and rinse the potatoes. Then cut them into sticks by cutting the potato in 4 or 5 vertical pieces, and then cutting each piece into sticks.
- Place them in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow them to soak, 2 to 3 hours. (You can also stick them in the fridge and let them soak overnight.)
- When you're ready to make the fries, drain off the water and lay the potatoes on 2 baking sheets lined with paper towels. Blot with paper towels to dry them.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a heavy pot to 300 degrees F. In 3 or 4 batches, cook the potatoes until soft, 4 to 5 minutes per batch. They should not be brown at this point! You just want to start the cooking process. Remove each batch and drain on new/dry paper towels.
- Once all the potatoes have been fried at 300 degrees F, turn up the heat until the oil reaches 400 degrees F. When the oil's hot, start frying the potatoes in batches again, cooking until the fries are golden and crisp. Remove the potatoes from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and dive in!
BEST BAKED FRENCH FRIES
The healthiest way to make fries is to bake them. It saves money and you can't beat the taste. I have been playing around with different ways to bake fries for some time now, and I feel this is the best recipe thus far. Baking time may vary depending on how thick you cut the fries. Enjoy!
Provided by Life Tastes Good
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Place sliced potatoes in a colander; sprinkle sugar over potatoes. Set aside until liquid is released from potatoes, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain liquid and dry potatoes well.
- Mix potato slices, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a resealable bag until evenly coated. Spread coated potato slices in a single layer, leaving space around each potato, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; flip fries and continue baking until crisp and browned, about 20 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.4 calories, Carbohydrate 59.8 g, Fat 14.4 g, Fiber 7.2 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 601 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
BAKED FRENCH FRIES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Slice the potatoes into a french fry shape. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil to lightly coat. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet, so that the fries are spread evenly.
- Bake until golden brown, turning over halfway through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Perfect French fries with our easy recipe - you'll end up with lightly golden, crisp fries. They're great as a snack or side dish to a Friday night feast
Provided by Adam Bush
Categories Side dish
Yield Serves 4 as a side
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1cm-thick batons. Put into a bowl of cold water and leave to soak for at least 2 hrs to remove the starch from the potatoes - this will help them crisp while frying.
- Drain the potatoes well and pat dry with kitchen paper. Fill a deep pan no more than a third full with oil and heat to 140C, or until a cube of bread dropped in browns in 60 seconds. Fry the French fries in batches for 6 mins per batch until golden straw-coloured, cooked through and lightly crisp. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Turn the heat up until the oil reaches 180C, or a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds. Fry the French fries again for 2-3 mins per batch until lightly golden and really crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and immediately season with sea salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 49 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 1.24 milligram of sodium
OVEN FRENCH FRIES
A healthy way to make french fries - once you try these you'll never go back to the old "frying" method! Enjoy!!
Provided by Graybert
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Wash potatoes and cut them into semi-thin strips.
- Place strips in a bowl and add cool water to cover the potatoes.
- Wash out some of the"starch" and then drain the potatoes well.
- Mix in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix all of the potatoes well so that they all get coated evenly.
- Spray a cookie sheet with PAM and then place the potatoes on top.
- Cook at 350F for approximately 20-25 minutes (more if you want them crunchy and brown) Serve and enjoy!
BAKED FRENCH FRIES
- 1. Preheat oven to 400*F. and turn at least once during the baking.
- 2. Cut potato into wedges. Mix olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder together. Coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet and they need to be turned 1/2 way through baking.
- 3. Bake for 30-45 minutes in preheated oven. Cooking time and temperature will vary greatly on how thick you cut the wedges.
- My Note: Update: bake at 450*F., for 40-45 minutes, and turn at least once during the baking. If you use the 450*F. in the recipe, the fries will burn. I mixed everything in a gallon size ziploc bag. For the spices, I used freshly minced garlic (no onion powder), paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. I used 6 potatoes (4 russet, 2 sweet) and 1/3 cup oil. I have cut the potatoes into sticks like normal fries and then baked them for 15 minutes, turned them over, and baked for another 15 minutes (the whole time at 425 since they're thinner than wedges), and I must say these are the tastiest fries ever! I also added salt and freshly ground pepper and garlic salt, and didn't measure it out- just kinda put on as much as looked good, and wow, were they tasty! I think the chili powder was what really put them over the top, so don't be shy with it, and remember that seasonings seem to lose some of their flavors when baked (which means put on more than you usually would)!
- So, if you cut your wedges small and thin - you will need to cut the temp and cooking time. But if you cut true (thick) wedges - follow the recipes directions (although I strongly encourage flipping the potatoes halfway through the process). For a super easy cleanup - I poured the oil and spices into a gallon size Ziploc bag and mixed it all together until well blended - then I added the cut potatoes and kneaded and shook the bag until all the potatoes were well and evenly coated. Then poured it into a 9x13 glass baking dish lined with foil. Minor adjustments: I used paprika, garlic powder, salt, freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of chili powder - mine is exceptionally potent, and cumin) -- The second time making this recipe I added fresh minced onion - and that was a very tasty addition too!
- FOR THOSE WHO THINK THIS RECIPE TOO BLAND: Take one onion for every 3 potatoes. Cut it in half lengthwise and cut it into slivers. Take all ingredients, including the onions, and put them in a zipper bag. Knead and shake until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Proceed with recipe directions. The onions add quite a bit of zing as well as nutrition!
- I use my french fry cutter to cut the potatoes. I don't even measure the spices anymore. I bake them at 400*, for 15 min, then flip and bake for another 15 on the other side. However, I like my fries less on the crispy side, also using the french fry cutter makes all the fries about the same size for uniform cooking.
People also searched
More about "best baked french fries food"
ULTIMATE BAKED FRENCH FRIES (SO CRISPY!) – A COUPLE COOKS
Reviews 4Calories 208 per servingCategory Side Dish
BEST FRENCH FRIES RECIPES AND IDEAS - FOOD.COM
CRISPY BAKED FRENCH FRIES (OVEN FRIES) - MOM ON TIMEOUT
THE BEST BAKED FRENCH FRIES - EATS DELIGHTFUL
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsTotal Time 30 mins
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. The baking sheet should be large enough to fit a single layer of potatoes. If needed, use 2 smaller baking sheets. Set aside.
- If you like skin-on French fries, wash the outside of the potatoes well and cut into French fries. If you prefer skin-off, peel and cut your potatoes.
- Place the fries in a large bowl and wash with cold water to remove as much starch as possible. I like to rinse and drain mine about 3 or 4 times, or until the water runs almost clear. Drain well, then turn your fries onto a large kitchen towel or paper towels. Pat dry.
- Return the fries to a dry bowl, and toss in vegetable oil to evenly coat. Turn the fries onto the prepared baking sheet(s) and spread into an even layer, with little overlap.
BEST-EVER OVEN-BAKED FRENCH FRIES RECIPE - EAT THIS NOT …
2.8/5 Category SideAuthor David Zinczenko And Matt GouldingCalories 190 per serving
14 POPULAR FROZEN FRENCH FRY BRANDS, RANKED WORST TO BEST
BAKED FRENCH FRIES RECIPE | FOODAL
THE BEST FAST-FOOD FRIES, RANKED  - TASTE OF HOME
BEST BAKED FRENCH FRIES - STAGE.ELEMENT.ALLRECIPES.COM
THE BEST BAKED SEASONED FRIES • FIVEHEARTHOME
HOW TO BAKE FROZEN FRENCH FRIES? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
FRENCH FRIES - WIKIPEDIA
OVEN BAKED FRENCH FRIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BAKED FRENCH FRIES - ALLRECIPES
THE 23 BEST FAST FOOD FRIES RIGHT NOW, RANKED - UPROXX
BEST OVEN BAKED FRENCH FRIES IN 2022 - CONSUMER TODAY'S
You'll also love