BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Butter two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans and line the bottom and two long sides of the pans with parchment paper. I use one sheet and let it overhang a bit, then use the parchment to lift the loaf out of the pan when ready.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and stir with a fork.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix just until combined.
- In the bowl that you mixed the flour in, add the blueberries, lemon zest and 4 tablespoons of flour, tossing gently until coated. The flour will help prevent the berries from sinking to the bottom.
- Carefully and quickly fold the berries into the batter, then divide the batter equally between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for between 45 - 55 minutes, or until a cake taster inserted into the centre of the loafves comes out clean.
- Cool the loaves in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan using the parchment paper handles and let cool on a rack.
- LEMON GLAZE:.
- Combine the juice and icing sugar in a bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Drizzle the top of the cooled loaf with the glaze, letting it pour down the sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2380.1, Fat 78, SaturatedFat 45.2, Cholesterol 551.8, Sodium 2276.9, Carbohydrate 387.8, Fiber 10.4, Sugar 216.8, Protein 39.5
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (160ºC). Line an 8.5" x 4.5" (1.5 L) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Streusel Topping: In bowl, combine granulated and brown sugars and flour. Cut in butter until mixture is very crumbly; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind. Using wooden spoon, alternately stir dry ingredients and milk into butter mixture, making three additions of dry and two of milk. Gently fold in blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 70 to 75 minutes or until topping is golden and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw. Toss gently with 1 tbsp (15 mL) all purpose flour before folding into batter, to prevent the blueberries from "bleeding".
- The streusel doubles and triples well. Use on top of muffins, open-faced pies and other quick breads.
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Grate the zest from the lemon onto a small plate. Cut the lemon in half, and squeeze the juice from both halves. Make a topping by whisking together 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and the confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the white sugar, melted butter, eggs, sour cream, the remaining lemon zest, and the remaining lemon juice in a large bowl until evenly blended. Stir in the milk; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate large bowl. Remove 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture and set aside. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; pour the milk mixture into the well and stir the batter just until combined.
- Fold the frozen blueberries into the reserved 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture, then fold the blueberries into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven; immediately poke holes all over the top of the loaf with a toothpick, and pour the topping evenly over the loaf. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.9 calories, Carbohydrate 30.1 g, Cholesterol 43.8 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 174.7 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4-by-8-by-2-inch loaf pan.
- Toss the blueberries in 2 tablespoons of the flour in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice in the bowl of an electric mixer. Sift together the baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 1 1/2 cups flour in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture in alternating batches, beginning and ending with the flour. Fold in the pecans and blueberries. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- For the glaze: Stir together 2 tablespoons lemon juice with the confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until completely smooth. Reserve the remaining lemon juice for another use. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the loaf while it is still warm, allowing it to drip down the sides. Serve the loaf warm or at room temperature.
No mixer needed for this colorful, tasty, lemon-blueberry loaf. A tried-and-true recipe I have used for many years. Like most sweet loaves, this one tastes best when wrapped tightly and allowed to sit for a day to let the flavors meld.
Provided by AUNT MAMIE
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, melted butter, sour cream, and lemon juice in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Mix in milk.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in a separate bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons flour mixture and place in a third, smaller bowl with frozen blueberries; stir to coat. Stir remaining flour mixture into milk-sour cream mixture with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, blending until just combined. Fold floured blueberries into batter and transfer into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together icing sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl for the topping.
- Remove loaf from the oven and immediately poke holes all over the top with a toothpick. Pour topping over the top of the loaf and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45.1 g, Cholesterol 60.1 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 22.3 g
LEMON CURD & BLUEBERRY LOAF CAKE
Kids can help make this simple springtime treat - delicious with extra lemon curd and yogurt as a pud, or serve with a cuppa
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Afternoon tea, Treat
Yield Cuts into 8-10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line with a long strip of baking parchment. Put 100g yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon curd, the softened butter, eggs, lemon zest, flour and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl. Quickly mix with an electric whisk until the batter just comes together. Scrape half into the prepared tin. Weigh 85g blueberries from the punnet and sprinkle half into the tin, scrape the rest of the batter on top, then scatter the other half of the 85g berries on top. Bake for 1 hr 10 mins-1 hr 15 mins until golden, and a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin, then carefully lift onto a serving plate to ice. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough lemon juice to make a thick, smooth icing. Spread over the top of the cake, then decorate with lemon zest and edible flowers, if you like. Serve in slices with extra lemon curd, Greek yogurt and blueberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 663 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 96 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 65 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.86 milligram of sodium
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
Of all the quick breads we had growing up, this beautiful lemon blueberry bread is the best! The citrus glaze adds a lustrous finish and locks in moisture. -Julianne Johnson, Grove City, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (16 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon zest. , Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. , Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 38mg cholesterol, Sodium 149mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
People also searched
More about "blueberry lemon loaf food"
CLASSIC LEMON BLUEBERRY LOAF CAKE - YAY! FOR FOOD
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ROBINHOOD | BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF
CLASSIC BLUEBERRY LEMON TEA LOAF | BC BLUEBERRY COUNCIL
LEMON AND BLUEBERRY LOAF – AMAZONIA
BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TOP 49 BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF RECIPES - SWANS.CSPCORP.COM
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF | CANADIAN LIVING
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF CAKE | OLIVE & MANGO
GLAZED BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LEMON BLUEBERRY LOAF - HEALTHYISH FOODS
THE BEST EVER BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF RECIPE - SALADS FOR LUNCH
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #vegetarian #cakes #dietary #berries #blueberries #citrus #lemon #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make blueberry lemon loaf cake?This delicious Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake is sweet, tart, wonderfully moist and fluffy, and so easy to make! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 8x4 (or 9x5) loaf pan with parchment paper. Using a whisk or electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Add the milk and eggs then mix until combined.
What is the recipe for a blueberry bread?Directions. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon zest. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in...
How much lemon juice do you put in a blueberry muffin?2 tbsp (30 ml) Lemon juice - fresh (*approximately the zest and juice of 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons) Butter a 9” x 5” x 2.5” non-stick loaf pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, mix and set aside. Mix 1 tbsp of the flour mixture in with the blueberries until coated, set aside.
How to bake blueberries in a pan?Directions. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4-by-8-by-2-inch loaf pan. Toss the blueberries in 2 tablespoons of the flour in a medium bowl and set aside. Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice in the bowl of an electric mixer.