BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE
- FOR CRUST:
- Blend flour, butter, sugar and salt in processor until coarse meal forms. With machine running, add water by tablespoonfuls until clumps form. Gather into ball. Flatten to disk. Wrap in plastic; chill until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on floured surface to 13-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch glass pie plate. Trim edge to 1/2-inch overhang. Fold edge under and crimp. Freeze 10 minutes. Line crust with foil; fill with beans or pie weights. Bake until sides are set, about 12 minutes. Remove foil and beans.
- FOR FILLING:
- Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Mix in blueberries. Spoon into crust. Bake until filling is just set, about 25 minutes.
- FOR TOPPING:
- Using fingertips, mix flour and butter in medium bowl until small clumps form. Mix in pecans and sugar. Spoon topping over pie. Bake until topping browns lightly, about 12 minutes. Cool pie to room temperature.
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE
- Mix sugar and flour together in bowl.
- Beat in sour cream, egg,vanilla and salt together until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into pie crust, and bake at 400F for 25 minutes.
- (May need to adjust temperature and time for frozen berries).
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients.
- Remove pie from oven after the 25 minutes, and sprinkle on topping.
- Return pie to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Chill before serving.
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM CRUMB PIE
- For the crust: In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Process to a coarse meal stage.
- While the processor is running, add the water a tablespoon at a time until clumps form.
- Gather into a ball, flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400^F.
- Roll out dough on a floured work surface to a 13 in circle.
- Transfer to a 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Trim edge to 1/2 inch of pan, fold under and crimp.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Line crust with foil and fill with pie weights or beans.
- Bake until sides are set, about 12 minutes.
- Remove foil and weights.
- For the filling: Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, blending well.
- Carefully, mix in the blueberries.
- Spoon into the crust and bake 25 minutes, or until set.
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the butter and flour, using fingertips, until pea size clumps appear.
- Mix in pecans and sugar.
- Spoon over pie and Bake until topping browns slightly, about 12 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.9, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 15.2, Cholesterol 84.8, Sodium 119.6, Carbohydrate 54.8, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 29.9, Protein 5.5
EASY BLUEBERRY CREAM PIE
This is a perfect summer pie. I've often used the fat-free versions of cream cheese, sour cream and Cool Whip, and it's still wonderful.
Provided by newspapergal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In medium bowl, with mixer beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until well-blended.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spoon half of mixture into pie crust; top with 1 cup blueberries.
- Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Scatter with remaining blueberries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 5 hours.
NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CREAM PIE
This pie is luscious and chock full of classic berries and cream flavor-no oven needed. It's not too good to be true, it's just your new favorite summer pie! For a sturdier crust, you can opt to bake it instead of freeze it; just be sure to cool it completely before filling.
Provided by Erin Jeanne McDowell
Yield 8 servings (one 9-inch pie)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For the crust: In a food processor, pulse the cookies until they form coarse crumbs. Add the butter, sugar and salt and pulse until the mixture is combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the base and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer to the freezer and freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes (see Cook's Note).
- While the crust chills, macerate the berries for the filling: In a medium bowl, mash the berries gently with a potato masher. Add the lemon juice, salt and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Let macerate, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes. The mixture should become visibly juicy.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar for 1 to 2 minutes. With the mixer running, gradually add the cream, then the vanilla. Whip to medium peaks.
- Use the potato masher to mash the blueberry mixture again. Gently fold the blueberry mixture into the cream mixture, then spoon the filling into the frozen pie crust and spread into an even layer.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours before serving and up to 24 hours. If desired, decorate the pie by gently pressing fresh blueberries in an even layer on the surface.
CREAMY BLUEBERRY PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the blueberries in the pastry shell and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended. Pour the sour cream custard over the blueberries.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in the butter with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle the topping over the sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439.9 calories, Carbohydrate 67.3 g, Cholesterol 68.1 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 250.3 mg, Sugar 44 g
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE
Adopted recipe.I made this with a premade graham cracker crust.It's not super sweet.It will puff up slightly during baking but it shouldn't overflow your pie plate, at least mine didn't.You could very easily substitute any flavor of canned pie filling that you like.I didn't garnish with a TBSP on each slice, I just spread the rest of the pie filling over the top.
Provided by Zaney1
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix together sour cream, flour, brown sugar, and egg. Stir until well blended.
- Spoon half the mixture into crust. Top with 1 cup blueberry pie filling. Spoon remaining sour cream mixture over pie filling.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Cool and place in refrigerator to chill. Garnish with a tablespoon of pie filling on top of each slice prior to serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426.8, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 9.1, Cholesterol 51.7, Sodium 200.1, Carbohydrate 59.9, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 43.3, Protein 4.3
People also searched
More about "blueberry sour cream pie food"
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
5/5 (73)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 309 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare pie crust by covering the crust's edges with foil. This will help to keep the edges from getting too brown.
- To make the filling, combine sugar and flour together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat in sour cream, egg, vanilla, and salt over medium speed for about five minutes. Carefully fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking, prepare the topping by crumbling together the flour, sugar, and butter with a fork.
- Remove pie from the oven and sprinkle on the topping. Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes until topping is golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool throughly before slicing. Enjoy!
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE - IN FINE TASTE
4.4/5 (103)Total Time 55 minsCategory All DessertsCalories 275 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll pie crust out and place in pie crust, prick crust with a fork to prevent air bubbles. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, sour cream, egg, vanilla, almond extract, lemon juice, salt, and flour until smooth. Fold in blueberries. Cover the edges of the crust with foild so they don’t get too brown. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking prepare the crumble. Use a two knives to cut butter into flour. Once you have pea sized butter and flour mixture, stir in sugar and salt.
- After the pie has baked for 30 minutes remove it from the oven, remove foil from pie crust, and sprinkle with the crumble topping. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
MARIE CALLENDER'S SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY PIE - COPYKAT …
SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
RECIPE: BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY PIE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
TOPING FOR BLUEBERRY PIE - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
TOP 46 BERRY CREAM PIE RECIPE RECIPES
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | PIE LADY BAKES
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE – PHITIP RECIPES
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE - REAL MOM KITCHEN - DESSERT
SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TOP 41 SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE RECIPES
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE - WOOD & SPOON
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE (EASY) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY PIE | 12 TOMATOES
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM LEMON PIE | DRISCOLL'S
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #oven #easy #pies #dietary #low-in-something #berries #blueberries #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a blueberry pie with sour cream?Directions. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended. Pour the sour cream custard over the blueberries. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in the butter with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle the topping over the sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell.
What is in a blueberry pie?(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This blueberry pie is made with sour cream and a tasty blueberry custard filling. Blueberry filling is the star here, so feel free to use your own homemade pie pastry shell or buy a frozen crust from the grocery store.
How do you make a sour cream pie?In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in the butter with pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle the topping over the sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Can you buy blueberry pie crust from the grocery store?Blueberry filling is the star here, so feel free to use your own homemade pie pastry shell or buy a frozen crust from the grocery store. If you do buy a pre-made one, follow the defrosting directions on the box since each brand may have slightly different instructions.