BROCCOLI FILLED TOMATO CUPS
Wow - I was surprised at how much I liked these tomatoes. I was sold on this stuffed tomato recipe at the first bite. The sweet tomato, broccoli, and cheese is the perfect combination. These will be great with a steak, chicken or even fish. There was more filling than would fit inside my tomatoes, so I saved the extra filling in...
Provided by Robyn Bruce
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Gently scoop out the insides of tomato and turn them upside down on a paper towel to drain. (Reserve the tomato pulp.) When scooping out the tomato pulp, be careful not to make the walls of the tomato too thin. You don't want them to collapse.
- 3. Cook the broccoli until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 4. Chop tomato pulp and place in a large bowl.
- 5. Add broccoli, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and remaining crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Mix gently.
- 6. Stuff the tomatoes with mixture.
- 7. Place in a sprayed baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so.
"I'm a recent college graduate who's just starting to become an everyday cook. This is one of my childhood favorites and a nice alternative to stuffed peppers," says Ruth Schleusener of Stockton, Kansas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a saucepan, bring broccoli and 1 in. of water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. Cut a 1/2-in. slice off the top of each tomato; with a spoon or melon baller, hollow out each tomato, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Discard pulp. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice into each tomato; place upside down on paper towel for 10 minutes to drain., Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the flour, milk and broth until smooth. Stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, pepper and reserved broccoli. In a bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold into broccoli mixture., Place the tomatoes in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon the broccoli mixture into each tomato, mounding in the center. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 345mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BROCCOLI AND TOMATO BAKE
This dish helps me warm up on a cold winter's day without being too heavy. It was inspired by a dish from my favorite vegetarian cookbook. I eat it with rice and chicken for dinner or a piece of brown bread for lunch.
Provided by Eliot
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Tomatoes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Stir in the carrots and celery, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli, recover, and steam until bright green, 4 minutes. Remove the broccoli from the steamer and place in a 8x8 inch baking dish; set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour the can of diced tomatoes and green olives into the skillet with the onion and carrot mixture. Stir and cook over medium-high heat until most of the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Mix in the maple syrup, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli in the 8x8 inch baking dish. Evenly distribute the goat cheese and Parmesan cheese over the broccoli and sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese begins to brown, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 15.6 mg, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 422.3 mg, Sugar 8 g
CHEESY BROCCOLI-STUFFED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO RICE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the rice until well coated. Add the tomato sauce and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, mix the broccoli, cheese spread, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut three deep slits across the top of each chicken breast at an angle (do not cut through). Rub the chicken with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with salt, pepper and the paprika. Stuff the broccoli mixture into the slits and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450, Fat 14 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Cholesterol 122 milligrams, Sodium 498 milligrams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 46 grams, Sugar 4 grams
People also searched
More about "broccoli stuffed tomatoes food"
THE PERFECT SUMMER SIDE DISH: BROCCOLI & CHEDDAR …
Estimated Reading Time 5 minsTotal Time 30 mins
- Using a sharp knife, gently slice the tops off of each tomato and hollow out the insides using a metal spoon. Save the insides for another recipe or discard.
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED BROCCOLI & TOMATOES - EATINGWELL
BROCCOLI STUFFED TOMATO HALVES - TUTTOROSSO TOMATOES
CHICKEN STUFFED WITH SMOKED MOZZARELLA, ROASTED TOMATOES AND …
Author Robert IrvineSteps 6Difficulty Intermediate
CHEESE-AND-BROCCOLI-STUFFED PORK ROULADE WITH GRILLED TOMATO …
Author Sargento Foods Inc.Steps 5Difficulty 1 hr 30 min
RICED BROCCOLI AND PARMESAN STUFFED TOMATOES - GREEN GIANT
STUFFED TOMATOES - VEGETARIAN - HEALINGTOMATO.COM
ROASTED BROCCOLI & TOMATOES | MCCORMICK
TOMATO &AMP; BROCCOLI STUFFED POTATO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BROCCOLI-STUFFED TOMATOES - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
TOMATOES STUFFED WITH BROCCOLI RECIPES (15) - クックパッド
SAUTéED BROCCOLI RECIPE WITH TOMATO AND GARLIC - THE SPRUCE EATS
BROCCOLI - STUFFED TOMATOES - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
BROCCOLI STUFFED TOMATOES
BROCCOLI-STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE …
BROCCOLI STUFFED TOMATOES RECIPE BY HEALTHYCOOKING | IFOOD.TV
QUAKER - BROCCOLI STUFFED TOMATOES | TASTY REWARDS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #vegetables #oven #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #tomatoes #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love