DRUNKEN CLAMS OVER CAPPELLINI
- Cook capellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter together in a large skillet. Add shallots and 3/4 cup roasted garlic cloves saute 3 minutes, until shallots are soft. Add beer and bring to a simmer. Add clams, cover and simmer until shells open, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, remove 12 clams and reserve for another meal. Drain capellini, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and add to clams in skillet, adding the reserved 1/2 cup pasta if necessary to "loosen" the sauce. Simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and top with parsley and Parmesan. Serve with a mixed green salad and bottled dressing, if desired.
CAPELLINI WITH WHITE WINE CLAM SAUCE
- Cook pasta until almost al dente and drain pasta.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan in a slow stream, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies. Cook until anchovies melt into the oil.
- Add thyme and wine.
- Reduce wine 1 minute.
- Add clam juice or stock.
- Stir in clams and lemon zest.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss with sauce 2 to 3 minutes, until pasta is al dente and has absorbed some of the sauce and flavor.
- Add parsley, pepper and salt, to taste.
TUSCAN STYLE CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC
- Scrub clams under cold running water, discard any that do not close when tapped.
- In large heavy saucepan, cook garlic and oil over medium high heat for 1 minute, add wine and clams.
- Cover and cook until clams open (time will vary from 2 to 10 minutes depending on size of clams, discard any that do not open).
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook capellini until al dente, tender but firm; drain.
- Pour clam mixture over hot pasta and toss with parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More about "capellini with clams food"
TOASTED CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS AND DASHI RECIPE - JOSHUA …
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil. Stir in the dashi powder until dissolved.
- In a large pot, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Add the clams, cover and cook over moderately high heat for 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a baking sheet as they open, and discard any that don’t. Strain 3/4 cup of the clam cooking liquid into a large saucepan. Add the dashi, apple cider, fish sauce, white soy sauce and tobanjan to make a clam broth.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the capellini and toast over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add half of the clam broth and layer the cabbage, garlic, ginger, leek and serrano chile on top; do not stir. Bake for about 15 minutes, until all of the broth is absorbed and the pasta is al dente.
- Add the steamed clams to the remaining broth in the saucepan. Stir in the escarole and simmer until heated through. Stir in the oregano. Transfer the pasta and vegetables to bowls, top with the steamed clams and escarole and serve.
CAPELLINI WITH TOMATO CLAM SAUCE RECIPE BY DIET.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
CAPELLINI WITH RED CLAM SAUCE RECIPE BY HEALTHYCOOKING | IFOOD.TV
HOW TO MAKE CAPELLINI WITH MUSSELS & CLAMS - FOOD52
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS | CLAM RECIPES, FOOD, CAPELLINI
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS – RECIPES NETWORK
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS: BURSTING WITH BRINY GOODNESS
TUSCAN STYLE CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC RECIPE
CAPELLINI WITH WHITE WINE CLAM SAUCE FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS RECIPES BEST RECIPES AND RELATED RECIPES
CAPELLINI WITH DOUBLE CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS, BOTTARGA, AND PRESERVED MEYER LEMONS
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS FROM RANDAZZO SEAFOOD - LITTLE ITALY
CAPELLINI WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE BY DIET.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
You'll also love