CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Cauliflower is often last on the list of vegetables my family will eat, but they adore this creamy, savory soup with tender leeks and shredded cheddar cheese. If you puree the soup in a blender, be sure to work in batches leave some space between the lid and the jar for steam to escape. -Kristin Rimkus, Snohomish, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cauliflower, thyme, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are very tender., Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to pan. Add evaporated milk and cheese; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle each serving with additional cheese and thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 643mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CAULIFLOWER CHEDDAR SOUP
When I created this cauliflower cheddar soup at the last minute for an impromptu ice skating get-together, it was a hit. -Rosa Renee McEldowney, Jackson, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, onion, broth and bouillon. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender., Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add seasonings. Pour into cauliflower mixture. Simmer slowly for 30 minutes (do not boil). If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 907mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook until just beginning to brown, 12 minutes. Add broth and 1 cup water; bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, 20 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- In batches, fill a blender halfway with mixture and puree until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Return pureed soup to pot and add more broth or water for a thinner consistency, if desired. Heat over medium until warmed through; add cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with cayenne.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 g, Fat 16 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 10 g
CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER AND CHEDDAR SOUP
- Melt butter in large saucepan, saute onion until tender.
- Stir in cauliflower and chicken broth.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Combine flour and milk (shake together in a jar).
- Add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add pepper and parsley to taste.
- Serve with croutons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.2, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 9.7, Cholesterol 48.2, Sodium 531.9, Carbohydrate 12.9, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.1, Protein 12.7
This is a modified recipe, originally called Farmhouse Cheddar Soup, which I clipped out years ago. I make it often and freeze in individual servings to reheat. You can reserve 1 1/2 c of the cauliflowerets to saute in some butter and add after the soup has been pureed. I usually just puree it all in the soup pot with a hand blender.
Provided by LonghornMama
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine water/stock, potatoes, cauliflower, onion, carrot and garlic in large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool 20 minutes.
- Puree in food processor or blender or use hand blender.
- Return to pan and stir in remaining ingredients until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.9, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 5.1, Cholesterol 25.4, Sodium 618.7, Carbohydrate 15.4, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 3.4, Protein 8.7
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP
Throw a new spin on this comforting classic by blending into a smooth and creamy soup
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Soup
Yield Serves 6 adults, or 4 adults and 4 kids
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Tip in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins, stirring often. Add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the cauliflower is soft and the potato almost collapsing.
- Whizz in a food processor or crush with a potato masher until you get a creamy, thick soup. Top up with more milk to thin a little if serving in mugs. You can make ahead up to 2 days in advance, cool, cover and leave in the fridge until needed, or freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, warm through, ladle into mugs or bowls, top with the cheese pieces, then stir through before eating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.82 milligram of sodium
Every other cauliflower soup recipe I tried lacked flavor, but this cheesy recipe packs a tasty punch! We like it with hot pepper sauce for a little extra kick. -Debbie Ohlhausen, Chilliwack, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a Dutch oven, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain)., In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted, adding hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159 calories, Fat 11g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 35mg cholesterol, Sodium 617mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
People also searched
More about "cauliflower cheddar soup food"
CAULIFLOWER AND POTATO SOUP WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER CHEDDAR SOUP - FORK IN THE …
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLY …
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
5/5 (25)Calories 298 per servingCategory Soup
EASY CAULIFLOWER CHEDDAR SOUP | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY …
CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER AND CHEDDAR SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
DREAMY TWO PART MAC AND CHEESE - MORE.CTV.CA
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | THERECIPECRITIC
EASY TO MAKE INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER CHEDDAR SOUP
15 CAULIFLOWER CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - HOMEMADE CROUTONS
CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE (ZUPAS COPYCAT) - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER SOUP - CLOSET COOKING
CHEDDAR, CAULIFLOWER AND POTATO SOUP - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
OUR BEST CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPES
CHICKEN BACON RANCH SOUP : R/KETO_FOOD - REDDIT.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #soups-stews #eggs-dairy #vegetables #cheese #dietary #cauliflower
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a cauliflower soup?Ingredients. 1 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets. 2 1 medium onion, chopped. 3 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth. 4 1 chicken bouillon cube. 5 2 tablespoons butter. 6 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. 7 3 cups whole milk. 8 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. 9 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes. 10 1 teaspoon salt.
How to cook cauliflower and carrots with cheese?Heat over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 min or until bubbling. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese until melted. Season with pepper and up to 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Ladle into warm bowls and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Add 1 to 2 large carrots, chopped, with the cauliflower in step 1.
What is the best way to cook cauliflower soup?Stir in cauliflower, thyme, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to pan.
How to cook cauliflower in a crock pot?Add cauliflower, 2 cups milk, water, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl.