CEDAR PLANK-GRILLED SALMON
Salmon did planking before it was a thing! Cedar keeps the fish from getting burned or blackened and infuses it with delectably earthy flavor. Brush with my Awesome Sauce recipe before serving.
Provided by Greubel Rosie
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle over fillets. Arrange fillets 1 inch apart on the soaked cedar planks.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Place planks over the cooler section of the center of the grill, turning the thickest sections of the salmon closest to the fire.
- Cover and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest parts of the salmon reaches 135 degrees F (57 degrees C), 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from grill and let salmon rest on planks, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Cholesterol 114.1 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 36.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 141.8 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
CEDAR PLANK-GRILLED SALMON WITH CILANTRO PESTO
- This recipe is for OUTSIDE gas or charcoal plank-grilling.
- For the Cedar Planks: I use UNTREATED 1 by 8 construction grade cedar cut to the length of the amount of salmon you wish to cook. (I cut mine in 10-inch lengths for 2 (8- ounce fillets)
- Soaking the planks: Pre-soak cedar planks for at least 1 hour, preferably longer or overnight. Weigh down planks with heavy cans or stones to completely submerge the wood in water.
- Lightly coat the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place salmon on cedar plank skin-side down.
- Turn on your gas grill to high heat. Place planks (loaded up with salmon) on the grill and close lid. Your grill will now turn into an oven/smoker. Cooking time required will vary depending on the size of the salmon. Be careful when you are lifting the grill lid because the burning plank will produce a lot of smoke. Try to keep the lid closed as much as possible as not to lower the temperature inside the grill. When salmon is cooked, remove fish from plank and plunge wood into a bucket of cold water. Serve the salmon immediately with the Cilantro Pesto.
- Place first 4 ingredients in blender or small food processor and completely puree. Add lime juice, jalapeno, and salt and pepper, to taste.
CEDAR PLANK SALMON
Cooking salmon over indirect heat on the grill brings smoky flavor to Bobby Flay's recipe for Cedar Plank Salmon from BBQ with Bobby Flay on Food Network.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Soak cedar plank in salted water for 2 hours, then drain. Remove skin from salmon fillet. Remove any remaining bones. Rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay the salmon (on what was skin-side down) on the cedar plank and carefully spread the mustard over the top and sides. Place the brown sugar in a bowl and crumble between your fingers, then sprinkle over the mustard.
- Set grill for indirect grilling and heat to medium-high. Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Cover the grill and cook until cooked through, around 20 to 30 minutes. The internal temperature should read 135 degrees F. Transfer the salmon and plank to a platter and serve right off the plank.
- Cook's Note: A direct method to grill the salmon may be used. Soak the cedar plank well. Spread the mustard and brown sugar on the salmon, but do not place the fish on the plank. Set up the grill for direct grilling on medium-high. When ready to cook, place the plank on the hot grate and leave it until there is a smell of smoke, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the plank over and place the fish on top. Cover the grill and cook until the fish is cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Check the plank occasionally. If the edges start to catch fire, mist with water, or move the plank to a cooler part of the grill.
GRILLED CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON
Planking is a rather new experience for us. I prepare the food and DH does the rest. This recipe is adapted from kraftfoods.com and is so simple to make. The original recipe called for parsley which I didn't have. I used fresh garden basil and loved it. Serve with rice, fresh bread and a salad for a lovely meal that is sure to impress. Please note: The cooking or prep time does not include the time needed to soak the cedar plank.
Provided by PaulaG
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the plank in water, weight top and soak for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mix the dressing, basil and tomatoes; reserve half the dressing for use when serving the fish; set aside.
- Brush the top of the pre-soaked plank with oil; top with the salmon, skin side down.
- Place on grill; cover with grill lid and grill 10 minutes.
- Brush with dressing mixture and continue to grill for an additional 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Remove from plank, remove skin and plate on top of cooked rice.
- Spoon a tablespoon or so of reserved dressing over fish, garnish with additional basil leaves and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.6, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 78.8, Sodium 149.3, Carbohydrate 16.2, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.9, Protein 32
CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES
- Soak 3 large cedar planks for grilling in water for 30 minutes. Prepare a grill for indirect cooking for the salmon and direct cooking for the tomatoes. Preheat a grill basket.
- Sprinkle both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, then place them on the soaked planks skin-side down. Sprinkle the top of each with 1 teaspoon of sugar. Grill the salmon on the planks over indirect heat until just cooked through and the internal temperature registers 135 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the cherry tomatoes with the olive oil and some salt.
- When the salmon fillets are ready, leave them on the planks and transfer the whole thing to a serving platter; loosely tent with foil.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the grill basket and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are just blistered and some are starting to burst, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully remove the tomatoes to a mixing bowl and toss with the parsley, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon and serve immediately.
CEDAR PLANK SALMON
- Preheat the grill or barbecue to high heat. Meanwhile, soak the cedar plank in cool water for about 30 minutes.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and then spread a little brown sugar evenly over the top.
- When the grill is hot, place the salmon, skin-side down, on the wet cedar plank and place it on the grill. Close the lid and grill for 15 minutes or until cooked to desired degree of doneness. Remove and serve directly from the burnt cedar board.
SPICE PLANK-GRILLED SALMON
This is the first time I used a cedar plank for cooking fish -- and this is the best way to grill salmon as far as we're concerned (also lower fat too) - the salmon came out so moist and spiced just right -- the fish doesn't taste spicy at all. Posted for World Tour - USA - Northwest region. Recipe source: local newspaper
Provided by ellie_
Categories Free Of...
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Soak cedar grilling plank for one hour.
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare the rub, combine all ingredients in a small cup or bowl.
- Rub mixture on the top of the salmon.
- Place plank on grill, close grill for a few minutes and then place salmon, skin side down, on the plank.
- Cook covered, for 10 minutes or until salmon flakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.3, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 87.5, Sodium 551.9, Carbohydrate 5, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.6, Protein 34.2
CEDAR-PLANKED BBQ SALMON
My passion is to master the art of cooking sea food. I read about sea life and try to develop recipes worthy of the richness of inhabitants of the seas. This particular recipe is a supermarket "freebie" from the seafood department, generously provided by Heritage Salmon. Serve with new, baby red potatoes, asparagus spears and a salad of mixed greens.
Provided by TOOLBELT DIVA
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat grill to high.
- Sprinkle BBQ seasoning on salmon fillets.
- Combine ingredients for crust mixture and spread generously over the flesh side (not skin side) of each fillet.
- Season soaked cedar planks with sea salt, and place on grill.
- Close lid and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until they start to crackle and smoke.
- Lift lid carefully and place salmon fillets on hot planks, skinned side down.
- Close lid and bake planked salmon for 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness.
- Squeeze lemon over fillets.
- Check periodically to ensure the planks are not on fire.
- Use spray bottle to extinguish any flames.
- Carefully remove planks from grill and transfer salmon to serving platter.
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH LEMON-DILL TOPPING
You will need 2 (15 x 6-inch) cedar grilling planks, and plan ahead the planks must be soaked in water for a minimum of 9 hours! This is a never fail recipe with complete instructions for the best tasting cedar-plank salmon you will ever have! Try to use seasoned salt for this, it really brings out tons of flavor! This salmon is even delicious without the lemon topping, adjust all ingredients to taste for the topping.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Do this 9 hours or more ahead; place the cedar planks in water to completely cover them (use a heavy object to place on top of them to weigh down the planks).
- When ready to grill, for the topping; in a bowl combine the dill, parsley, lemon juice, oil and minced fresh garlic; set aside.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Set grill to about 350 - 400°F.
- Remove the planks from water and place the planks on the cooking grate and grill covered for 2 minutes or until the planks begin to LIGHTLY smoke.
- Place 2 fillets on each of the cedar planks; cover with grill lid and cook for 15-18 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Using a heat-proof spatula remove the fish from planks and transfer to serving plates.
- Carefully remove the planks from the grill using long tongs.
- Spoon the herb mixture over the fish and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.8, Fat 28.5, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 154.8, Sodium 255.3, Carbohydrate 2.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.6, Protein 69.3
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER
This is by far my FAVORITE way of preparing salmon. I first tried it at McGraths Fish House, then duplicated it at home. You can normally find a cedar plank at your local grocery store in the seafood department.
Provided by Mamafox61
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Soak your cedar plank in water for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through soak time.
- While the plank is soaking, mix together butter, basil and minced garlic cloves, spread on salmon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat your grill to low, or the right setting for your grill for fish.
- Take your cedar plank out of the water and place the salmon on top of the plank. Place it on the grill and cook for 20-40 minutes depending on how thick your salmon is.Grill with the lid closed.
- During the cooking time, if the plank catches on fire, spray it with water.
- Salmon is done cooking, when it flakes easily with a fork.
- *Note: Whenever I make this it normally takes around 30-45 minutes to cook on the grill. I constantly check it to make sure the plank doesn't burn & the salmon doesn't over cook.
- Make sure you have water on hand to spray the cedar plank with, so it doesn't catch on fire.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.1, Fat 19.3, SaturatedFat 10.3, Cholesterol 99.6, Sodium 185.5, Carbohydrate 1.1, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 23
People also searched
More about "cedar plank grilled salmon food"
HOW TO GRILL SALMON ON A CEDAR PLANK - BETTER HOMES
- Choose a Grilling Plank. Purchase a plank (or a few) from a specialty cookware store, hardware store, grilling supply outlet, or online. Cedar (like that found in the Wildwood Grilling Cedar Planks, $17.99 for two, Bed Bath & Beyond) lends the most intense, aromatic flavor to salmon, but other woods are excellent for plank-grilling, too.
- Prepare the Plank. Plank-grilled salmon scores extra flavor from smoke with the convenience of a grill. (Learn how to turn your grill into a smoker for any outdoor cooking adventures you have ahead.)
- Prepare the Salmon. Leave the salmon filet whole, cut it into serving-size portions, or use individual salmon steaks—there’s no wrong option when grilling salmon on a plank.
- Prepare the Grill for Direct Grilling. This step will vary a bit depending on whether your grill cooks with charcoal or gas. For a Charcoal Grill.
- Grill the Cedar Plank Salmon. Place the plank on the grill rack and allow it to preheat about 5 minutes or until it begins to crackle and smoke.
CEDAR PLANK SALMON - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
CEDAR PLANK SALMON RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory Dinner, Lunch, EntreeCalories 468 per serving
KAMADO JOE CEDAR PLANK GRILLED SALMON | RECIPE | CEDAR PLANK …
WINE MATCH RECIPE: CEDAR PLANKED WILD SOCKEYE SALMON
HOW TO COOK SALMON ON A CEDAR PLANK ON THE GRILL
CEDAR PLANK GRILLED SALMON – EVERYDAY DISHES & DIY
CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON ON THE BBQ - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
HOW TO GRILL SALMON ON A CEDAR PLANK - DELISH
WHAT TEMPERATURE TO GRILL SALMON ON CEDAR PLANK? (QUESTION)
SALMON GRILLED ON A CEDAR PLANK
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK SALMON BURGERS : R/FASTNDELICIOUS
BEST CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CAN YOU REUSE CEDAR PLANKS? – LIVINGS CENTED
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook salmon on a cedar plank Grill?Directions Soak cedar plank in salted water for 2 hours, then drain. Remove skin from salmon fillet. Set grill for indirect grilling and heat to medium-high. Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Cook's Note: A direct method to grill the salmon may be used. Soak the cedar plank well.
How to cook salmon on the grill with mustard?Directions. Spread the mustard and brown sugar on the salmon, but do not place the fish on the plank. Set up the grill for direct grilling on medium-high. When ready to cook, place the plank on the hot grate and leave it until there is a smell of smoke, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the plank over and place the fish on top.
How do you Grill pork fillets on cedar planks?Arrange fillets 1 inch apart on the soaked cedar planks. Advertisement Step 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
What is the best wood to grill salmon on?Purchase a plank (or a few) from a specialty cookware store, hardware store, grilling supply outlet, or online. Cedar (like that found in the Wildwood Grilling Cedar Planks, $17.99 for two, Bed Bath & Beyond ) lends the most intense, aromatic flavor to salmon, but other woods are excellent for plank-grilling, too.