CELERY ROOT PUREE
- Place celery roots, rice, garlic, and milk in a medium saucepan; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until roots are tender, 15 to 20 minutes (milk may look curdled).
- Pour contents of pan into a food processor; add butter, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with Lamb Chops with Mint Sauce and Mushrooms.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g
CELERY ROOT PUREE
I joke that celery root tastes like celery if celery actually tasted good; for the most part, this is true. The flavor is quite mild and pleasant, and the texture is somewhat similar to mashed potatoes. This simple puree is a very versatile side dish, but the tasty root will also work sliced thin and layered in a gratin, either with or without potatoes. I hope you give this great fall and winter vegetable a try soon.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place celery root, 1/2 of the lemon juice, and kosher salt in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Blend celery root, cream, and butter in a blender until smooth. Push puree into a bowl through a fine-mesh strainer with a wooden spoon or spatula until puree is completely smooth. Drizzle remaining lemon juice into puree and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 28.3 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 232.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
CELERY ROOT AND APPLE PUREE
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a shallow pot or large saute pan. Add the fennel, celery root, potatoes, apples, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Saute the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the cider and tightly cover the pot. Simmer over low heat (I pull the pot halfway off the heat) for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very soft. If the vegetables begin to burn or they seem dry, add another few tablespoons of apple cider or some water.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the cream and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer the mixture to a food mill fitted with the coarsest blade and process. (You can also use a food processor but the texture will be smoother than with the food mill.) Taste for salt and pepper and return to the pot to keep warm. Serve warm.
CELERY ROOT PURéE
An easy Celery Root Purée recipe. Simmering in milk coaxes the very best out of celery root, giving this silky puree a flavor that's both mellow and full.
Provided by Dorie Greenspan
Categories Milk/Cream Food Processor Herb Onion Potato Side Vegetarian Quick & Easy Root Vegetable Boil Bon Appétit Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring milk, water, and salt just to boil in heavy large saucepan over high heat. Add celery root cubes, potato cubes, and onion quarters; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, discarding cooking liquid.
- Combine vegetables and butter in processor and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Do ahead Celery root puree can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm in microwave before serving.
- Transfer celery root puree to bowl. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives and serve.
CELERY ROOT PUREE
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a 4 quart saucepan. When hot, add onion, cover and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- While this is cooking, peel the celery knob with a stainless steel knife, chop it roughly, then grate it in a food processor.
- Add celery knob to saucepan along with potato, 1/2 cup of water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until celery knob is tender.
- Transfer contents of saucepan to a food mill or processor and puree with butter or cream; adjust salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
CELERY ROOT AND PARSNIP PUREE
- Peel and chop 1 pound celery root and 1 pound parsnips; cook in salted boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, then puree in a blender with 1 cup milk, 2/3 cup sour cream and 2 tablespoons butter. Season with salt and pepper.
CELERY ROOT PUREE
- Place the celery root in a large pot and cover it with the milk by a few inches. (You may not need to use all the milk.) Add a few pinches of salt along with some freshly grated nutmeg. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer until the celery root is fork tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup milk, then return the celery root to the pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and let the celery root dry out for a minute or 2. Add the reserved milk and mash or puree using a potato masher or blender until very smooth. Check for seasoning, adding more salt if necessary.
CELERY ROOT AND POTATO PUREE
- Place the potatoes in a pot large enough to accommodate the celery root and the potatoes. Add enough water to cover the vegetables by 2 inches and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the celery root and cook until both vegetables are fork tender. Strain the celery root and potatoes.
- Pour the cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, pass the celery root and potatoes through a food mill into a large bowl. Add one-quarter of the hot cream and 2 pats of the butter. Stir vigorously until the cream and butter are thoroughly combined. Repeat for the remaining cream and butter. Taste for seasoning, you will probably have to add salt. Serve in a warm serving bowl immediately or keep warm until ready to use.
Last Thanksgiving, Susy Davidson, food editor of Food & Wine magazine, prepared this wonderful celery-root puree in the microwave oven. This cooking method makes for a richer-tasting puree.
Provided by Patricia Wells
Categories side dish
Yield Six to eight servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the celery root in a baking dish, dot with the butter and cover. Microwave at high - stirring once -until the celery root is soft and gives no resistance when pierced with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the celery root to the bowl of a food processor. Add the cream and process until smooth. Taste for seasoning. (This can be prepared ahead earlier in the day and reheated.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 69, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 157 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
- Simmer celery root, garlic, broth, and salt in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan, covered, until celery root is very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Purée mixture with cream and butter in a food processor until smooth.
People also searched
More about "celery root pure food"
CELERIAC PUREE (CELERY ROOT PUREE) | GIRL HEART FOOD®
CELERY ROOT PUREE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 6Total Time 50 minsCategory PotatoCalories 328 per serving
CELERY ROOT PUREE - FOOD AND MOOD NYC
CELERY ROOT PUREE RECIPE - PAMELA SALZMAN
CELERY ROOT PUREE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CELERY ROOT PUREE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
WHAT GOES WITH CELERY ROOT PUREE? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
CELERY ROOT PUREE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CELERY ROOT PUREE | FOOD FRIDAY RECIPE | SOMA & SOUL
BEST CELERY ROOT PUREE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook celery root puree?Add celery root cubes, potato cubes, and onion quarters; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, discarding cooking liquid. Combine vegetables and butter in processor and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Do ahead Celery root puree can be made 1 day ahead.
What is the best way to make celery root soup?Place celery root, 1/2 of the lemon juice, and kosher salt in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Blend celery root, cream, and butter in a blender until smooth.
How to cook celery and potatoes in a pot?Place the potatoes in a pot large enough to accommodate the celery root and the potatoes. Add enough water to cover the vegetables by 2 inches and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the celery root and cook until both vegetables are fork tender. Strain the celery root and potatoes.
What does celery root taste like?16 Reviews 4 Photos I joke that celery root tastes like celery if celery actually tasted good; for the most part, this is true. The flavor is quite mild and pleasant, and the texture is somewhat similar to mashed potatoes.