CHEESY BROCCOLI AND CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place broccoli florets in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer shredded chicken on top; press down onto broccoli.
- Combine mayonnaise, heavy cream, chicken soup base, dill, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Spread evenly over chicken and top with Cheddar cheese. Grease a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover baking dish with greased-side down.
- Bake covered in the preheated oven, about 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 68.6 mg, Fat 31.8 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.3 g, Sodium 519.8 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
CHEESY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add chicken and continue to boil until no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine broccoli, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Drain chicken and add to broccoli mixture. Mix well. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Add remaining Parmesan cheese on top and continue to bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265.3 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 55.8 mg, Fat 17.4 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 832.4 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
CHICKEN, BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
This casserole is super satisfying and creamy and uses a great trick to cut out extra butter and oil: Instead of making the traditional roux with butter, the cream sauce is thickened with a little flour.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the flour and broth into a large saucepan and whisk until the flour is dissolved. Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture comes to a boil; continue to whisk until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the Cheddar and whisk until melted. Add the broccoli florets and stir to coat.
- Spray a 3-quart flameproof casserole dish with cooking spray. Toss the brown rice and chicken in a large bowl. Pour the broccoli-cheese sauce on top and mix well. Spread the mixture in the casserole dish and top with the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling and hot, about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and broil until the top is nicely browned, 2 to 5 minutes Serve hot.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Freeze the baked casserole for up to 2 weeks. Cover in foil and reheat at 350 degrees F until hot, 35 to 45 minutes.
CHEESY BROCCOLI, CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the panko and half of the cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the stock, milk, bay leaf and thyme in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Keep warm while you prepare the vegetables. (You can skip infusing the liquid with the herbs if you like, but it does need to be warmed so it doesn't make lumpy gravy when you add it to the flour.)
- Heat the butter in a large ovenproof and flame-proof casserole or skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper; cook until tender, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 45 to 60 seconds. Add the flour and stir to combine. (The mixture will be dry.)
- Remove the bay leaf and thyme from the stock mixture. Whisk the stock into the flour and vegetables. Add the remaining cup of cheese and stir until smooth. Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the sour cream, cayenne and nutmeg; stir until smooth. Place the 6 pieces of chicken in the casserole and snuggle them into the rice. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Bake until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup of water. Cover and microwave until the broccoli is just tender and bright green, about 2 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave. Drain the broccoli and keep warm.
- Once the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, remove the casserole from the oven and stir in the broccoli. (It's easiest if you transfer the chicken to a plate first, then stir in the broccoli, then pop the chicken back on top.) Smooth the top and sprinkle with the reserved panko-cheese mixture. Return to the oven and bake until the topping is golden brown, about 15 minutes longer. Place the casserole on a rack to cool slightly before serving.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
Fix Trisha Yearwood's cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole recipe, from Trisha's Southern Kitchen on Food Network, as a comforting make-ahead meal.
Provided by Trisha Yearwood
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Place the chicken in a large pot with water to cover. Add some salt, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook the chicken until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain the chicken, cover, and refrigerate until cool, or up to 24 hours. Shred.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets, and boil until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the rice in an even layer in the baking dish. Make a second layer with the broccoli. In a large bowl, mix the chicken soup, the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, shredded chicken, half the Cheddar and some salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the broccoli and top with the remaining Cheddar. Bake for 40 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Cook Chicken in skillet with butter until done all the way through.
- Chop Velveeta and put in microwave safe dish. Melt in microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside one cup of Velveeta.
- Cut heads off of broccoli and discard stems.
- Boil 3 cups of water, and cook broccoli until tender.
- Cook rice and add to Velveeta. Stir together until rice is cheesy. Put cheesy rice in a 9"X13" casserole dish.
- Top rice with cooked chicken breasts, arranging in a row.
- Top chicken and rice with broccoli.
- Top chicken and broccoli with remaining Velveeta.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1040.2, Fat 58.3, SaturatedFat 32.5, Cholesterol 233.9, Sodium 2395.8, Carbohydrate 62, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 10.3, Protein 65.2
CHEESY CREAMY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
After trying 4 different Zaar recipes for Broccoli and Cheese Casseroles, I remained unimpressed...I kept having to take out ingredients I didn't like...So it came to me that I could take what I liked from each and create something NEW and it worked! Here is the resulting recipe...Serve with hot rice or pasta if you want starch with your meal...Enjoy!
Provided by CookinwithGas
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°; you'll need a 13 x 9 pan for this recipe.
- In the 13 x 9 pan, spread out the broccoli; then layer the chicken atop the broccoli.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, soup, lime juice, garlic and salt & pepper.
- Spread this mixture over the broccoli/chicken; top with the cheddar cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake 15 minutes, more or less, until hot and bubbly.
- TIP: you may serve this with hot rice or pasta if you want a starch with your meal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.1, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 78.7, Sodium 738.8, Carbohydrate 12.1, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.7, Protein 30.2
GRANDMA'S CHEESY BROCCOLI & CHICKEN CASSEROLE
This is down home comfort food at it's finest. It was the only way my grams or mom could get me to eat my broccoli while growing up. These days I use brown rice for a lower carb, healthier version. Sometimes I also use chicken thigh instead of breast because it's so much more tender. I hope you love it was much as I do.
Provided by Bitter Moon
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 casserole, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Chop onions, green peppers, and celery into small pieces.
- Fry chopped vegetables in half of the vegetable oil.
- Cube chicken.
- Flour and salt the chicken cubes and brown in remaining oil--add more if needed.
- Add mushroom soup and milk and stir until mixed.
- Butter a large baking dish
- Add chicken mixture, cooked rice, broccoli, and remaining vegetables.
- Stir, cover, and cook 45min in 350 degree oven.
- Uncover, top with Cheese Whiz, return to over for 5 to 10 minutes--until cheese is completely melted.
People also searched
More about "cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole food"
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN & BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN …
CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 4Total Time 50 minsCategory Chicken BreastCalories 482 per serving
CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE | FIT CHEF KITCHEN
CHEESY BROCCOLI CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHEESY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
CHEESY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - MESS FOR LESS
CHEESY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE WHOOT
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CHEESY CASSEROLE – RECIPES AND KITCHEN
CHEESY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
CHEESY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - GOOD …
HEALTHY KETO CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE
CHEESY CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND RICE CASSEROLE - ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #easy #beginner-cook #chicken #one-dish-meal #inexpensive #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best recipe for chicken and broccoli casserole?Transfer rice to a casserole dish and mix with chicken and broccoli. Combine condensed soup, milk, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and pepper in a mixing bowl; mix until well combined. Add to the casserole dish along with 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese; mix to combine. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar over top.
How to cook chicken and rice with broccoli cheese sauce?Directions. Toss the brown rice and chicken in a large bowl. Pour the broccoli-cheese sauce on top and mix well. Spread the mixture in the casserole dish and top with the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling and hot, about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and broil until the top is nicely browned, 2 to 5 minutes Serve hot.
How do you make a broccoli and rice casserole?Add the broccoli florets and stir to coat. Spray a 3-quart flameproof casserole dish with cooking spray. Toss the brown rice and chicken in a large bowl. Pour the broccoli-cheese sauce on top and mix well. Spread the mixture in the casserole dish and top with the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling and hot, about 25 minutes.
How to cook chicken and broccoli soup?Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add chicken and continue to boil until no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine broccoli, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and pepper in a large bowl.