VERY CHERRY CRESCENT RING
My mother used to prepare this pretty coffee cake on Christmas Eve for our family to enjoy the next morning after opening gifts. It's an easy way to add an elegant touch to a holiday breakfast or brunch. -Karen Sevensky, Hackettstown, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. Reserve 3 tablespoons cherries for topping. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans and remaining cherries., On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Fold dough lengthwise in half; roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread filling over top to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal., Transfer to a greased baking sheet, seam side down; shape into a ring, pinching ends to seal. Using kitchen scissors, start at outside edge and cut two-thirds of the way through the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate sections slightly and twist to show filling., Bake until golden brown, 20-30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if it browns too quickly.) , Using two large spatulas, remove from pan to a wire rack. Mix confectioners' sugar, milk and extract; spoon over warm coffeecake. Top with reserved cherries and, if desired, additional pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 268mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SWEDISH TEA RING
This is a hand-shaped, filled yeast bread that my 2-year-old daughter loves to help prepare. The dough can be made ahead and refrigerated, then baked in the morning. Sprinkle chopped, toasted almonds over the ring if you wish. Nuts can also be added to the filling along with the raisins.
Provided by Julia
Categories Bread Yeast Bread Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bread machine, put milk, egg, butter, sugar, salt, bread flour, and yeast in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle and press Start. When dough is mixed, transfer to a greased bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper; set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each piece out into rectangles about 12x16 inches. Spread each dough rectangle with 1 tablespoon softened butter. In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 3/4 cup light brown sugar, and 1/2 cup raisins.
- Sprinkle cinnamon mixture onto buttered dough. Roll them up jelly-roll fashion, along long side. Pinch edges to seal. Stretch and twist into rings, pinching ends to seal. Place them seam-side down onto prepared baking sheets. Using clean scissors, cut 2/3 way of the way through the loaf at about 1-inch intervals. Spread each cut slightly. you wish to
- [At this point, the dough can be refrigerated: cover dough with greased plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, let pastries come to room temperature for about half an hour before baking as directed in step 7.]
- Alternately, cover each ring with a clean towel or greased plastic wrap and let loaves rise until double, about 40 minutes.
- Arrange two oven racks so that both baking sheets will fit. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated; rotate baking sheets. Bake until rings are light brown and the filling is oozing and bubbling, about 10 minutes more.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine confectioners sugar, almond extract, and milk until icing is desired consistency. Drizzle icing over warm pastries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Cholesterol 12.4 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 68.4 mg, Sugar 15.4 g
APRICOT TEA RINGS
This coffee cake is a favorite of mine. It's attractive, delicious and cuts like a dream. Sometimes I use convenient canned pie filling when I want a different flavor and I'm pressed for time. -Dot Christiansen Bettendorf, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 rings (12 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, salt and nutmeg. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Beat in eggs until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight., In a large saucepan, combine apricots and water. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the water is absorbed and apricots are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, juice and nuts. Cool., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll one portion into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread half of filling over rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal., Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring. Repeat for second ring. With scissors, cut each from outside edge two-thirds toward center of ring at 1 in. intervals. Separate strips slightly: twist so filling shows, slightly overlapping with previous piece. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Bake at 375° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. , In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm tea rings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 132mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "cherry cheese tea ring food"
SWEDISH TEA RING RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (6)Total Time 2 hrs 35 minsCuisine SwedishCalories 357 per serving
CHERRY CHEESECAKE CRESCENT RING - DOMESTICALLY BLISSFUL
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT RING - CINCYSHOPPER
ROLLED TEA SANDWICHES - THE WINE LOVER'S KITCHEN
CHERRY TEA RING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 24Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory Yeast BreadsCalories 346 per serving
CINNAMON-WALNUT FILLED TEA RING RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHERRY CHEESE DANISH PILLSBURY - HUGS AND COOKIES XOXO
CHERRY-CHEESE... - GLENSIDE COMMUNITY COTTAGE BAKERY PROJECT
CHERRY-CHEESE TEA RING | RECIPE | BREAD RECIPES SWEET, TEA RING …
CHERRY CHEESE DANISH RING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHERRY CHEESE TEA RING RECIPES
CHRISTMAS TEA RING WITH RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE FILLING - PINCH OF …
CHERRY CHEESE COFFEE CAKE - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
CHERRY TEA RING | CHERRY TEA, TEA RING RECIPE, FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love