HONEY-MUSTARD CHICKEN AND APPLES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook 2 to 3 more minutes, then transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Add the onion and apples to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Mix the broth with the mustard, then add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in the skillet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the butter and flour to form a paste. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken, apples and onion to plates. Bring the pan juices to a simmer, whisk in about half of the butter-flour mixture and boil to thicken, 2 minutes. Continue to cook, adding more of the butter-flour mixture as needed to make a slightly thick gravy. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457, Fat 28 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 122 milligrams, Sodium 200 milligrams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 33 grams
CHICKEN SALAD WITH APPLES AND WALNUTS
Apples and walnuts add crunch to this chicken salad that makes for the perfect midday meal.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Remove skin from half of a leftover thyme-roasted chicken.
- Shred meat, and add to dressing. Add apples, celery stalks and walnuts. Serve over a bed of lettuce.
CHICKEN-APPLE-WALNUT SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
Served at the 1870 Wedgwood Inn in New Hope Boro, Pennsylvania, this simple chicken salad combines common ingredients in a less-than-common way, and with great results. If you happen to have some cooked chicken in your fridge (or perhaps a rotisserie chicken), you could probably save time by simply shredding that and using it instead of the freshly cooked diced chicken. NOTE: Cook time is chill time for the prepared salad.
Provided by Lynne M
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; add the diced chicken and cook thoroughly; cool.
- In a big bowl, combine cooled chicken, apples, walnuts, and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, and rosemary. Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the chicken mixture.
- Serve over a red lettuce leaf.
PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
Make and share this Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad With Honey Mustard Dressing recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kiddoinky
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare chicken breasts by cutting them in half and pounding them out.
- Whisk the egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish mix together pecans, oregano, thyme, paprika, and cayenne.
- Dip the chicken into the egg white mixture and then into the pecan mixture.
- While the chicken is resting, heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat; coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add chicken and saute until brown on both sides.
- Place chicken in baking dish and roast until an instant read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take chicken out and make dressing while it rests.
- Combine the honey, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, shallot, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended.
- Toss the dressing with the mixed greens (you won't need all the dressing). Toss in goat cheese and red onion.
- Arrange greens on 4 plates.
- Slice chicken.
- Arrange chicken on top of greens, sprinkle with any remaining crumbs from the pan.
- Serve with extra dressing on the side!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 912, Fat 61.1, SaturatedFat 10.8, Cholesterol 60.2, Sodium 6682.9, Carbohydrate 56.7, Fiber 21.9, Sugar 25.9, Protein 49.3
WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD
Make and share this Walnut Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Parsley
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine chicken through relish; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour creamy dressing mixture into chicken salad mixture and mix everything together well.
- Serve on lettuce or croissants/rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550.9, Fat 42, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 176.6, Sodium 496.9, Carbohydrate 20.7, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 5, Protein 26.4
CRISPY CHICKEN SALAD WITH YUMMY HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
We drizzled Jillena's 5-star-rated Yummy Honey Mustard Dressing over a bed of fresh greens and air-fried chicken strips to create this flavorful main dish salad. Chill dressing, covered, up to 1 week. Makes about 1 1/3 cups dressing.
Provided by coweed
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat oil in an extra-large skillet over medium heat. Add panko and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a shallow dish and let cool, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Coat an air fryer basket with cooking spray and preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, in another shallow dish, stir together flour, salt, and pepper. In a third shallow dish, whisk together eggs and water.
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into 1x3-inch strips. Dip chicken strips into flour mixture, then egg mixture, then panko mixture to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the preheated air fryer. Cook, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest parts registers 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Toss together salad greens, carrots, and radishes in a large bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, yellow mustard, honey, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice for dressing together in a small bowl.
- Divide salad among plates, top with chicken, and drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560.2 calories, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 137.1 mg, Fat 32.3 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 31.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 679.9 mg, Sugar 11.2 g
More about "chicken apple walnut salad with honey mustard dressing food"
APPLE WALNUT CHICKEN WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
Reviews 4Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat, add garlic and chicken thighs and sauté until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and arrange apple slices in skillet. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and chopped walnuts. Spoon half of the walnut mixture over the sliced apples. Place the browned chicken breasts on top of the apple slices and spoon remaining walnut mixture over the chicken.
- Whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard and olive oil and drizzle over the chicken and then sprinkle it with thyme. Cover with lid and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and apple slices are fork tender.
CHICKEN SALAD WITH APPLES (QUICK & EASY!) - SNAPPY …
5/5 (5)Calories 761 per servingCategory Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, maple syrup, mustard, dill, and salt and pepper until well combined.
APPLE WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD - THE HEALTHY EPICUREAN
5/5 (3)Total Time 467709 hrs 40 minsCategory EntreeCalories 296 per serving
HONEY DIJON APPLE BACON CRANBERRY SALAD - CAFE DELITES
APPLE WALNUT SALAD - SHANE & SIMPLE
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN SALAD WITH BACON & AVOCADO
SPINACH AND WALNUT SALAD RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
11 DRESSINGS THAT GO WELL WITH APPLE WALNUT SALAD
APPLE SALAD WITH MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN APPLE WALNUT SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
APPLE WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
KETO DIET ON INSTAGRAM: "襤襤 SALAD SEASON IS HERE AND THIS …
CHICKEN APPLE WALNUT SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE
GRAPE AND WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
APPLE WALNUT SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING - KEY TO MY LIME
LEMON KALE SALAD - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
KETO SALAD DRESSING (SUGAR FREE HONEY VINAIGRETTE) - WHOLESOME …
EASTER SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN APPLE WALNUT SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
HOW TO MAKE HONEY MUSTARD AT HOME - REAL SIMPLE
KETO 28 DAY CHALLENGE ON INSTAGRAM: "🤤🤤😋😋SALAD SEASON IS HERE AND …
HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING (BETTER THAN BOTTLED!) | WHOLEFULLY
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #salads #fruit #poultry #easy #chicken #apples #meat #chicken-breasts #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love