CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH POLENTA
The microwave makes quick work of homemade polenta, and the rest is done in one skillet. Save a little Parmesan for sprinkling on top before serving. -Yvonne Starlin, Hermitage, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk water and cornmeal; microwave, covered, on high for 6 minutes. Stir; cook, covered, 5-7 minutes longer or until polenta is thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in cheese and salt., Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon., Add onion to the same pan; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return chicken to pan; stir in tomatoes and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with polenta. Freeze option: Do not prepare polenta until later. Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Prepare polenta as directed. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, reheat chicken, stirring occasionally; add a little water if necessary. Serve with polenta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448 calories, Fat 19g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 1214mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
Try Giada De Laurentiis' Chicken Cacciatore recipe, a rustic poultry-vegetable hunter's stew, from Everyday Italian on Food Network.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.
- In a large heavy saute pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and saute just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, saute it in 2 batches. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the same pan and saute over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes for the breast pieces, and 20 minutes for the thighs.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the basil and serve.
CHICKEN CACCIATORE AND POLENTA
Italian chicken recipe that's not too much tomato--absolutely wonderful. Recipe originally from a pressure cooker recipe but can be used otherwise. (Just cook longer and add more broth).
Provided by Stefanie
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In cooker, heat olive oil then chicken, brown for approximately 5 minutes, then add rest of ingredients. Close the lid and bring to pressure, lower heat and cook for the suggested time. My pressure cooker says on position 1, 21 minutes. On position 2, 12 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the lid.
- If you are not using a pressure cooker then simmer for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (Watch your amount of fluids and add broth as needed).
- Serve over polenta (follow the directions on the polenta package). Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.7, Fat 31.8, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 145.3, Sodium 495.8, Carbohydrate 16.8, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 9.4, Protein 53
People also searched
More about "chicken cacciatore and polenta food"
ROBERT IRVINE’S CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH POLENTA | STOP AND SHOP
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH CREAMY POLENTA - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH CREAMY POLENTA RECIPE
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH POLENTA RECIPE - THE DARING GOURMET
5/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH POLENTA | SOMEBODY FEED SEB
CHICKEN CACCIATORE | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH POLENTA - EATINGWELL
CHICKEN CACCIATORE AND POLENTA | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CACCIATORE …
CHICKEN CACCIATORE (ITALIAN RUSTIC CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES
CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
ITALIAN CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE • CIAO FLORENTINA
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH POLENTA - WOMAN'S DAY
CHICKEN CACCIATORE - WITH PASTA OR POLENTA - MANGIA BEDDA
TRY THIS COMFORT FOOD RECIPE FOR CHICKEN CACCIATORE, CREAMY POLENTA
CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH CREAMY POLENTA RECIPE - TODAY.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love