CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS CREPES
The crepes used in this recipe come from my mom's special recipe, and can be made ahead of time, refrigerated to assemble the next day. Cooked rotisserie chicken is a real time-saver when making this savory brunch specialty. -Mary Sloan, Brighton, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour., Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between., Saute asparagus and onion in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in chicken. Set aside., For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened., Spread about 1/2 cup filling down the center of each crepe; top with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1 piece of Swiss cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in each of two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a bubbly.
Nutrition Facts :
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM CREPES
I remember eating chicken and mushroom crepes at my favorite crepe franchise that has since gone out of business. I was finally able to duplicate the recipe and I wanted to share it with everyone. Very easy and delicious!
Provided by Susan
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup flour and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add 2 cups milk, chicken bouillon cubes, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until thickened into a sauce, about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and sherry.
- Scoop 1 cup sauce into a bowl; keep warm. Stir chicken and 1 teaspoon parsley into remaining sauce in the skillet. Simmer until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Beat 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup flour, egg, 1 tablespoon melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and baking powder together in a bowl to make crepe batter.
- Grease a 7-inch skillet lightly; heat over medium heat. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the skillet, swirling to spread evenly. Cook crepe until golden brown, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer crepe to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, separating crepes with waxed paper and covering to keep warm.
- Scoop 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto each crepe and roll up. Spoon reserved 1 cup sauce over filled crepes. Garnish with remaining 1 teaspoon parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.3 calories, Carbohydrate 31.6 g, Cholesterol 131 mg, Fat 30 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 14.8 g, Sodium 872.4 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
ASPARAGUS CHICKEN CREPES
- For crepe batter, beat eggs and milk in a small bowl. Combine flour and sugar; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour., Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper between., In a small bowl, combine the soup, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Set aside 1/4 cup. Add the chicken, asparagus and ham to remaining soup mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls over each crepe; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Spoon reserved soup mixture over crepes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. , Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Gradually fold cream into mayonnaise. Spread over crepes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477 calories, Fat 33g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 187mg cholesterol, Sodium 775mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add garlic and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Transfer to a work surface, chop, and set aside.
- Mix 3/4 cup bechamel with chicken. Working with one at a time, place crepe on a work surface. Arrange 1/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 heaping tablespoon spinach down center of crepe; roll into a cylinder. Transfer, seam-side down, to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; assemble and arrange more crepes, leaving 1/2 inch in between each. Spoon more bechamel on top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes. Switch oven to broiler setting and cook until browning in spots, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with parsley.
CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS CREPES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Butter a large baking dish. Combine the chicken, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, 3 tablespoons herbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup filling across the lower half of each crepe; roll up to enclose the filling. Place the crepes, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until the filling is hot, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook until it softens, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest and the remaining 1 tablespoon herbs and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the crepes among plates, top with the asparagus and sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405, Fat 24 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Cholesterol 115 milligrams, Sodium 984 milligrams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 26 grams
"I love serving these tender crepes with their light lemony sauce in spring," notes Carol Hemker of Phenix City, Alabama. "But my husband would eat them any time of year at all. In fact, it's the only way he'll eat asparagus! This dish is also lovely for luncheon or brunch."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- For batter, combine milk and egg in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add flour; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour., Preheat oven to 350°. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet over medium heat. Stir batter. Pour 1/4 cup batter into center of pan. Quickly lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn crepe over and cook until bottom is cooked, 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan as needed., Place six asparagus spears on one side of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 10-15 minutes., In a saucepan, whisk egg yolks and water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Whisk in the butter, lemon juice, salt and cayenne. Pour over warm crepes; sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 298mg cholesterol, Sodium 291mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
Looked at all the other Chicken Crepe recipes and mine is not like the others! I first found this recipe in my mom's old cook book, but have totally tweaked it and made it my own! It's one of my favorites to eat, and my family gets so excited when I make these! I usually double or triple the gravy to have lots of it to pour over the crepes and enough left over to have with mashed potatoes.
Provided by Ultimate Food Junkie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Lightly butter small skillet; heat over medium heat until bubbly.
- For each crepe, pour 1/4 cup of the batter into skillet.
- Immediately rotate skillet until thin film of batter covers bottom.
- Cook until light brown, turn, and cook other side until light brown.
- Stack crepes, covering with a towel to prevent drying out while preparing filling.
- Heat butter over low heat until melted in a sauce pan.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Sauté carrots, celery and onion in a little bit of oil in a skillet until tender.
- Mix chicken, vegetables, and just enough gravy to coat everything nicely in a bowl.
- Put about 1/4 cup of mixture on center of each crepe and roll up.
- Place crepes seam side down in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour remaining gravy over crepes.
- Bake uncovered in 350°F oven until crepes are hot, about 20 minutes.
- Can be frozen before baking, just thaw completely before putting in the oven.
- Also can freeze filling and crepes separate, just make sure to place wax paper between crepes before freezing.
CHICKEN, ASPARAGUS, AND MUSHROOM SKILLET
Chicken, asparagus, and mushrooms are sauteed in a garlic and olive oil base. You can add more mushrooms if desired. Serve with rice or pasta, and a glass of white wine!!!
Provided by Paula Stotts
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high; stir the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and wine into the butter mixture. Add the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 more minutes.
- Add the asparagus; cook and stir until the asparagus is bright green and just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes to let the mushrooms release their juice. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 106.6 mg, Fat 33.5 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 13.5 g, Sodium 491 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
More about "chicken crepes with asparagus and mushrooms food"
REMODELAHOLIC | CHICKEN, ASPARAGUS, AND MUSHROOM CREPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HERBED CREPES WITH CHICKEN, ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
3.1/5 (44)Total Time 55 minsCategory RecipesCalories 575 per serving
15 CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS RECIPES
CREAMY MUSHROOM, CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS BAKE RECIPE
THAI BASIL CHICKEN SOUP WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOM FILLED …
Author Roger MookingSteps 7Difficulty Advanced
GARLIC CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
10 BEST CHICKEN ASPARAGUS MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM CRêPES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
10+ CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS RECIPES | EATINGWELL
TOP 43 CHICKEN FRENCH CREPES RECIPES
BAKED HERBED CREPES WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS
CHICKEN-AND-MUSHROOM CREPES - FLOWER MAGAZINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make crepes with chicken?When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between. Saute asparagus and onion in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in chicken. Set aside. For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk.
How to cook asparagus crepes?Place the crepes, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until the filling is hot, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook until it softens, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
How do you make crepes with Worcestershire sauce?When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper between. In a small bowl, combine the soup, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Set aside 1/4 cup. Add the chicken, asparagus and ham to remaining soup mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls over each crepe; roll up tightly.
How long does it take to cook chicken with asparagus?Directions. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 more minutes. Add the asparagus; cook and stir until the asparagus is bright green and just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes to let the mushrooms release their juice.