THE BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN
Chicken Parmesan should have, well, Parmesan. So we not only topped ours with it, we added it to the crust for even more flavor and texture. For the coating, we prefer to start with plain breadcrumbs and enhance them with our favorite flavors. And our very simple, classic Italian-American tomato sauce has a bright and tomato-y flavor that cuts through the richness of the chicken and pasta.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. Line another rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut two 12-inch sheets of plastic wrap.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, making 4 roughly equal pieces; they should look like large chicken tenders. Place one sheet of plastic on a clean cutting board. Put one chicken piece in the center of the plastic and top with the other sheet of plastic. Pound the chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet, starting in the center and working your way to the edges, until the chicken is 1/4-inch thick. Transfer to the wire rack. Repeat with the remaining chicken, one piece at a time. Liberally sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour in a pie plate and dredge the chicken 1 piece at a time, turning to coat and packing the flour into the crevices. Shake to remove any excess and return to the rack. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Whisk the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk the milk and egg in a medium bowl until combined. Dip the dredged chicken into the milk mixture, allowing any excess to drip off. Then pack the seasoned breadcrumbs firmly onto the chicken. Very gently
- shake off any excess and return to the rack. Refrigerate uncovered at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat 1/3 cup of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook until very fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, basil and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the tomatoes are very tender and the liquid has reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Smash the tomatoes with a potato masher until almost smooth; it's ok if it's a little chunky. Season with salt.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cutlets and cook until the coating is golden brown, about 1 minute per side; the chicken will not be cooked through. Transfer to the foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer 3 inches apart. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Arrange an oven rack directly under the broiler and preheat to high. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, spaced 3 inches apart. Top each cutlet with 2/3 cup of the sauce and spread evenly to coat. Sprinkle each cutlet with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and transfer to the remaining sauce. Gently stir until the sauce coats the pasta. Transfer the spaghetti to a serving dish and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve with torn basil.
CHICKEN PARM PULL-APART SANDWICHES
These pull-apart sandwiches combine two of the most crave-worthy foods: chicken parmesan and garlic bread. The bread slices are slathered with an assertive garlic butter, breaded and fried chicken tenders, tomato sauce and melty mozzarella cheese. Simply bake, then pull apart!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced garlic and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano and a big pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 2 cups, 12 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, flatten the chicken tenders using the base of your hand; season with salt and pepper. Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Dip the chicken in the flour, then in the egg, shaking off the excess, then in the breadcrumbs to coat. Heat 1/2 inch of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning, until golden brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- Trim the ends off the bread loaf. Cut the bread on an angle into 12 slices, leaving the bottom of the loaf intact. (You can position chopsticks along the long sides of the bread to keep from cutting all the way through.) Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Combine the butter, grated garlic, 2 tablespoons parsley and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread between the bread slices and on the ends of the loaf.
- Fill every other bread slice with tomato sauce, starting with the first slice. Stuff each sauce-filled slice with a chicken tender and a mozzarella slice; spoon more tomato sauce around the chicken. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the loaf.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the bread is toasted, 15 to 18 minutes. Pull apart or slice into individual sandwiches. Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Serve with the remaining tomato sauce.
CHICKEN PARMESAN HERO SANDWICHES
Great sandwich meal for lunch or dinner thats very satisfying.
Provided by Nancy Allen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Dip chicken in egg, then in bread crumbs, coating well.
- 2. In a 13x9 glass baking dish, arrange chicken. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- 3. Pour ragu pasta sauce over chicken, then top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. To serve, arrange chicken and sauce on rolls.
CHICKEN PARMESAN HEROS
- Make tomato sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomato purée, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare chicken:
- Gently pound chicken breasts to 1/3-inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap using a flat meat pounder or a rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together flour, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a shallow bowl, then stir together bread crumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken slices in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, and dredge in bread crumbs until evenly coated. Transfer chicken to sheets of wax paper, arranging slices in 1 layer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then Fry chicken 3 pieces at a time, turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 6 minutes per batch. Transfer with tongs to paper towels to drain.
- Arrange bottom halves of bread loaves on a large baking sheet and tops on another large baking sheet, all with cut sides up. Spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce on each top and bottom. Divide chicken between bottom halves. Top each (open-faced) sandwich with 1/4 cup tomato sauce and one fourth of mozzarella.
- Bake open-faced sandwiches in lower third of oven until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. When cheese begins to melt, put tops of loaves in upper third of oven and bake until edges are golden, 3 to 4 minutes (watch tops closely; they burn easily). Put tops on bottoms to make sandwiches, then slice into serving pieces.
People also searched
More about "chicken parm hero food"
CHICKEN PARMESAN HEROS - FOOD & WINE
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, red-pepper flakes, and the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat 1/4 to 1/2 inch of cooking oil over moderate heat until very hot. Dip each chicken breast into the eggs and then into the bread crumbs, coating well. Fry in the hot oil, turning once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 15 minutes in all. Drain on paper towels.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the broiler. Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the cut-side of the rolls and toast under the broiler until golden, about 2 minutes.Spoon half the tomato sauce onto the bottom half of the rolls. Top with the chicken, the remaining sauce, and the other half of the rolls.
CHICKEN-PARM HERO WITH SAUSAGE - RECIPE - ESQUIRE
JOY BAUER GRILLED CHICKEN PARM HERO RECIPE - DELISH.COM
CRISPY CHICKEN PARM BLT HERO SANDWICHES - RACHAEL …
GRILLED CHICKEN PARM HERO - THE DAILY MEAL
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Scoop the insides out of the roll, place the roll on the baking sheet, and lightly toast under the broiler for 1 to 2minutes. Place the roll on a plate and set aside.
- In a pan coated with nonstick oil spray, sauté the chicken until it is no longer pink inside, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
PARM HEROS INSPIRED BY LOTS OF THINGS — BINGING WITH BABISH
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BEST CHICKEN PARM SUB RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PARMESAN
CHICKEN PARM HERO CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS - MYFITNESSPAL
CHICKEN PARM HERO RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
CHICKEN PARM HERO NUTRITION FACTS - META NUTRITION
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHICKEN PARM SANDWICHES? START WITH GREAT …
EATER CRITIC ROBERT SIETSEMA RANKS HIS 11 FAVORITE HOT PARM HEROS
CALORIES IN BAD UNHEALTHY FATTENING CHICKEN PARM HERO
CHICKEN PARM HERO CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS | MYFITNESSPAL
DR OZ: PULLED CHICKEN SANDWICH & CHICKEN PARM HERO RECIPES
CHICKEN PARM HERO SANDWICH RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
PARTY-SIZED CHICKEN PARMESAN SANDWICHES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHICKEN PARMO RECIPE - POSH CHICKEN PARMESAN | THE CURRY GUY
CHICKEN PARMESAN HERO NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love