With more than 450 reviews and a five-star rating, Giada De Laurentiis' easy Chicken Parmesan recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network is a red sauce win.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Stir the oil and herbs in a small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil. Heat a large heavy oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the mozzarella over each cutlet, then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the Parmesan over each. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets. Bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.;
- In a large casserole pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, and bay leaves and simmer covered on low heat for 1 hour or until thick. Remove the bay leaves and check for seasoning. If the sauce still tastes acidic, add unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time to round out the flavors. Add half the tomato sauce into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Continue with the remaining tomato sauce.
- If not using all the sauce, allow it to cool completely and pour 1 to 2 cup portions into freezer plastic bags. This will freeze up to 6 months.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl, set aside.
- Place flour in a sifter or strainer; sprinkle over chicken breasts, evenly coating both sides.
- Dip flour coated chicken breast in beaten eggs. Transfer breast to breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into both sides. Repeat for each breast. Set aside breaded chicken breasts for about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Cook chicken until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and top each breast with about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, and chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470.8 calories, Carbohydrate 24.8 g, Cholesterol 186.7 mg, Fat 24.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 42.1 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 840.3 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts. Toss the salad greens with Lemon Vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Bobby Flay goes Italian with his recipe for mouthwatering Chicken Parmigiana, from Boy Meets Grill on Food Network. Try panko breadcrumbs for a lighter crust.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge each breast in the flour and tap off excess, then dip in the egg and let excess drip off, then dredge on both sides in the bread crumbs.
- Divide the oil between 2 large saute pans and heat over high heat until almost smoking. Add 2 chicken breasts to each pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and top each breast with some Tomato Sauce, a few slices of the mozzarella, salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of Parmesan. Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with basil or parsley leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add pureed tomatoes with their juices, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, 1 cup water, bay leaf, parsley, Cubano pepper, and bring to a boil. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
This classic chicken Parmesan recipe gets the Good Food makeover, resulting in a hearty yet healthy dish great for sharing with your mates
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Halve 2 large skinless chicken breasts through the middle then place the 4 pieces between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Dip in 2 beaten eggs, then 75g breadcrumbs, mixed with half of the 75g grated parmesan. Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and cook 2 crushed garlic cloves for 1 min, then tip in half a 690ml jar passata, 1 tsp caster sugar and 1 tsp dried oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Heat grill to High and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, then remove.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken.
- Scatter over torn pieces of half a 125g ball light mozzarella, and the remaining grated parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with vegetables or salad and some pasta or potatoes, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 1.31 milligram of sodium
THE BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN
Everytime I have made this, it has been extremely popular for both family and company. Given out the recipe many times. My family often requests this recipe and they never order chicken parmesean when we go out to an Italian restaurant because they say that mine is the best! Which is very flattering!
Provided by Whats Cooking from
Yield 4 large servings, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or pound chicken breasts to 1/2" thin.
- Rinse chicken breasts in water.
- Mix bread crumbs, flour and parmesean cheese in large bowl.
- Coat both sides of chicken thouroughly in bread crumbs, flour, and parmesean cheese mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, carefully place chicken breasts in and turn to brown on both sides.
- Spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce on bottom of baking pan.
- Drain browned chicken and place on baking pan in a single layer.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle italian spices, then some parmesean cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and hot.
- Take casserole out of oven and turn temperature to broil - 500 degrees. Remember to leave the oven door open a little bit when broiling.
- Top entire casserole with the shredded mozzarella to entirely cover so there will be lots of gooey cheese.
- Sprinkle top of mozzarella with oregano.
- Put back into oven and broil just until mozzarella is light gold in some areas and bubbling. Watch very carefully as it melts very quickly and you don't want to burn it!
- Take out and enjoy the aroma!
- It will be extremely hot right out of the oven.
- For each serving I put my chicken parmesean on top of cooked egg noodles and cover it with the sauce, then sprinkle on even more parmesean cheese.
- Serve and get ready for the oohs and ahhs!
AUTHENTIC CHICKEN PARMESAN
This is my homemade recipe that I have been working on for over 10 years. Many people have devoured this meal, and enjoyed its rich and authentic Italian taste. For those who love garlic, cheese, and the rich taste of Italian seasonings will love this authentic Italian dish.
Provided by Kenneth Dixon
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Wash and pat-dry each chicken breasts.
- Cut any visible fat from each chicken breast.
- Pour olive oil (1/2 cup) into frying pan, and turn the heat up to medium-high.
- Mix all of the following ingredients in a medium-large mixing bowl: Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, basil, salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until it is slightly foamy. More milk, approximately 1/4 cup, can be added to make the milk-egg mixture less thick.
- Dip a chicken breast into the milk-egg mixture. Remove the chicken breast once it is well coated and allow the excess to drip off into the bowl for a second or two. Place the chicken breast into the breading mixture. Roll chicken around to thoroughly coat all sides of chicken.
- Once oil has reached optimum temperature, place the minced garlic into the oil and stir around for a second. Turn temperature of burner down between medium and medium-high. The garlic should be sizzling. Do not allow to burn. After a minute of constantly stirring the minced garlic, place the breaded chicken breast from the bowl into the frying pan. Allow room for the remaining breasts to be placed into the frying pan.
- Repeat step 6 above for each of the remaining breasts (one at a time). Place each breaded breast into the frying pan.
- Cook the chicken breasts on each side to a nice golden brown. This may take about 5 minutes per side. It really depends on the temperature you have your burner set at. You do not want to burn the chicken breasts.
- Once each breast has reached a nice golden brown color, remove from frying pan and place on a plate lined with a few paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a square glass pan, or equivalent, and spray with cooking spray (i.e., spray Pam).
- Pour half of the jar of spaghetti sauce into the square pan. (Note: if you are using a pan that is larger than a square glass pan, you may need to use more than one jar of spaghetti sauce. I used a 13x13 square glass pan.).
- Pour 2 tablespoons minced garlic into the glass pan with the spaghetti sauce. Mix around to spread garlic throughout the pan.
- Place each chicken breast into the pan without having the sides touching. Do not overlap the chicken breasts.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce onto each chicken breast. Spread sauce over each chicken breast to ensure the sides and top of each breast is covered with sauce.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. There is no need to have a tight seal around the edges of the pan. The foil can be loosely placed on the pan with some gaps for venting to occur.
- Place pan into oven on the middle rack. Bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes have passed, take pan out of the oven. Carefully uncover the aluminum foil to avoid burns from escaping steam.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce and chicken breasts. The idea is to have each breast thoroughly covered with cheese. It is okay if cheese gets on the sauce. It will make the dish look even better.
- Place uncovered into the oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and light brown.
- Remove pan from oven. Place on a wire rack or on top of the stove burner, and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on the top of each chicken breast. (This is for garnishment.)
- Serve over top of cooked pasta. Spaghetti noodles are the best for this meal. Spoon sauce over top of each dish. (Fresh homemade spaghetti noodles are the absolute best for this meal.)
- Note: As mentioned above in the preparation steps, you may wish to use more sauce when baking the chicken. The chicken will absorb a lot of the fluids in the sauce. I use 2 jars of spaghetti sauce and 4 tablespoons minced garlic in the baking pan. We love sauce in our family.
- An Alternate method:.
- You can make this dish exactly as described above, and add one modification that will make this dish even more tasty. Stuff each of the chicken breasts, before breading, with a ricotta cheese mixture.
- The ricotta cheese mixture should contain ricotta cheese (8 - 16 oz), 2 tablespoons garlic, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon basil and oregano.
- When stuffing the chicken breasts, make sure you flatten out each breast with a pounder (to approximately 1/4" thick). Flatten each breast on a piece of wax paper to avoid sticking to surface.
- Spread a nice portion of cheese mixture onto each breast.
- Fold breasts in half and seal with wooden tooth picks. You may need to use a lot of tooth picks to thoroughly seal each breast.
- Once each breast has been stuffed and sealed, refer to step 6 above for breading each breast.
ADDICTING CHICKEN PARMESAN
- Spread a chicken cutlet out flat between two pieces of wax paper.
- Using a mallet or rolling pin, pound cutlet to 1/2 inch thick.
- Do the same with remaining cutlets.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each cutlet in egg, coating lightly, then in bread crumb mixture coating lightly; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add cutlets and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- (Add more oil 1 T. at a time if needed.) Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1 Cup spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange cutlets in dish one layer deep.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 643.2, Fat 40.8, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 142.2, Sodium 1862.3, Carbohydrate 44.3, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 10.8, Protein 24.6
This is an easy Chicken Parmesan recipe that i got from my aunt years ago. It is simple and easy to make on the days that work just seems to be the last thing i want to do. Cook time includes time that chicken cooks on stove.
Provided by DebbiF
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound out to 1/2" thickness using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parmesan, oregano, basil and cayenne in a pie plate.
- Coat each breast in the flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip each breast in the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Set coated chicken aside on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Carefully add chicken to pan, cooking two pieces at a time.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Spread one cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and top with golden chicken breasts.
- Top each breast with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot with spaghetti and tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 689.8, Fat 31.1, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 212.7, Sodium 1566.4, Carbohydrate 50.2, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 8.5, Protein 51.2
People also searched
More about "chicken parmesan food"
CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (494)Total Time 23 minsCategory ChickenCalories 454 per serving
OUR BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPES - FOOD COM
EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEST …
PARMESAN CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN PARMESAN (13 SIDE DISHES)
WHAT VEGETABLE GOES WITH CHICKEN PARMESAN? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
CHICKEN PARMESAN - ALLRECIPES
ULTRA CRISPY CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
BEST PARMESAN CHICKEN RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PANKO CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE - TODD PORTER AND DIANE CU
24 EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #poultry #european #italian #chicken #dietary #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken parmesan with cheese?In another large bowl, mix together the panko and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Coat the chicken in egg and then dredge it in the panko/cheese mixture. Shake off any excess and set the coated pieces aside. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. After the oil is hot, add the chicken.
What goes well with chicken parmesan?No one will be pining for gluten when they get a taste of these crispy wings, which include all the signature elements of a classic chicken Parm. Pizza is always a good idea, especially when it’s topped with a hearty meat sauce and two kinds of cheese. Prepared chicken tenders make for a speedy Parmesan filling in these cheesy stuffed shells.
What can I do with leftover Parmesan chicken breasts?This quick and easy recipe for crispy Parmesan chicken breasts goes well with pasta, on a salad, or even on its own. The simplest and most savory way to dress up chicken breasts for a quick supper is just to top them with mayonnaise, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, and bake.
How does Bobby Flay make chicken parmesan?He adds oil to a pan and places the chicken in to saute until it’s brown and crisp on both sides. Once the chicken is browned, it’s placed on a sheet pan. Bobby covers it with tomato sauce, slices of fresh mozzarella, salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese. He bakes it in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.