CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
Nothing tops old-fashioned banana bread, except maybe this chocolate version! Each slice is studded with nuts. -Connie Deke, DeWitt, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan., Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 294mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Sandwich small slices of banana bread with chocolate ice cream.
SALTED CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
Provided by Jet Tila
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream together until fully combined. Add the bananas and mix for about a minute to smash the bananas thoroughly. Add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla and, you guessed it, mix. Finally, add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Tip: Do not overmix the batter, as it can make the crumb tough and result in large "worm" holes.
- Melt the chopped chocolate over a double boiler or microwave it in a glass or plastic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring between intervals so the chocolate does not burn. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of the batter with the chocolate until well combined.
- Pour the banana batter into the prepared pan. Pour the chocolate batter in the center of the batter and swirl throughout the batter with a spoon to create the marbling effect. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes (okay, maybe one crumb. Or two).
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it from the pan to a cooling rack to continue cooling to room temperature, and you're done! Slice, sprinkle with flaked sea salt and a touch of chili powder. Boom. Banana chocolate deliciousness.
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.5 calories, Carbohydrate 40.8 g, Cholesterol 34.9 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 224.3 mg, Sugar 24.3 g
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
- Lightly grease the bottom only of a 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add butter, eggs and bananas and blend well on medium speed of mixer.
- Stir in small chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- Spray bottom of loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and oil at medium speed until mixed. Beat in vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir flour, cocoa and baking soda together.
- Add flour mixture into the sugar mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. After removing from the pan cool completely on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.8, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 23.2, Sodium 89.8, Carbohydrate 32.5, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 19.8, Protein 3.1
People also searched
More about "chocolate banana bread food"
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD (DOUBLE CHOCOLATE) - SIMPLY …
Ratings 131Calories 215 per servingCategory Dessert, Baking
BEST DEATH BY CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD RECIPE - DELISH
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
MOIST CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD | I HEART RECIPES
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD RECIPES
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory BreadsCalories 3585 per serving
- Using a hand mixer cream butter, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl. Add eggs one at a time and mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the mashed banana to the creamed sugar and beat until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in half the chocolate chips by hand and pour the batter in the loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Once cooled, remove banana bread from loaf pan. Drizzle with melted peanut butter. Slice and serve.
CHOCOLATE WALNUT BANANA BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Mary BergSteps 7Difficulty Easy
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD RECIPE - EATRIGHT.ORG
DAIRY FREE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD RECIPE!!!!!!!!!
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD - SECRETLY HEALTHY RECIPE! - CHOCOLATE …
START OFF YOUR FESTIVAL SEASON WITH THIS HUMBLE CHOCOLATE-BANANA …
17 QUICK BREAD RECIPES FOR GIFTS THAT ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD | BANANA BREAD RECIPE | BREAD RECIPE
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD | DESSERT | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD — BUTTERYUM — A TASTY LITTLE FOOD …
WHITE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD - MAMA LOVES FOOD
EASY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD - FOODDOLLS.COM
CHOCOLATE WALNUT BANANA BREAD - CTV
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD. - HARVEST & NOURISH
BEST CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#time-to-make #course #preparation #breads #quick-breads #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make banana bread with banana and chocolate?In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate. Add about a third of the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and stir gently until almost combined. Add half the milk mixture and stir just to combine.
What are the ingredients in a banana bread recipe?Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. In a large separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, softened butter, sugars, egg, vanilla extract and sour cream.
How to bake banana bread with sour cream?Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
Is chocolate chip banana bread good for breakfast?This chocolate chip banana bread recipe makes two really moist, rich loaves. Great for breakfast or warm with butter as a dessert. The walnuts may be omitted if desired. Banana bread is one of those things people rarely make on purpose, only when those last three bananas are almost black.