CHOCOLATE CHIP CORNBREAD
From bon appetit magazine -- a Casa Luna Bed & Breakfast recipe! The unusual addition of chocolate enhances the moistness and roasty corn flavor of this breakfast loaf. Can also be made as muffins --
Provided by KerfuffleUponWincle
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (For glass loaf pan, reduce oven temp to 350F.).
- Spray a 9x5x3 inch metal loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, canola oil, and eggs.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; stir just to blend.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake bread for about 35 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Invert cornbread loaf onto rack ~ cool slightly and serve warm, or at room temperature.
I love cornbread and I love chocolate...so I combined the two and made this absolutely perfect chocolate dessert! I used my favorite cornbread recipe that I got from a foodie friend, and I tweaked it a bit! It worked great!
Provided by Lillian Russo
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 2. Mix all wet ingredients together.
- 3. Combine both til mixed well.
- 4. Pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- 5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-35 minutes or til center of bread springs back when light pressed.
This chocolate bread doesn't taste sweet. It tastes savory, and is good with cream cheese!
Provided by Bowen
Categories Bread Yeast Bread Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, sugar, cocoa, sunflower oil, and water in a large bowl. Stir everything with a wooden spoon until you have a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead for five minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough in half, and roll each half into a ball. Place both on a baking sheet. Cut crisscross designs in the tops, and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rise until double in size.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.9 calories, Carbohydrate 28.8 g, Fat 1.5 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 195.2 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD
This recipe has been in my files for a long time...probably from when I first learned to bake. Any chocolate lover will like these melt-in-your-mouth cookies. I make them year-round with variations. They're even richer with a thin coat of icing or as a sandwich cookie with frosting in the middle. -Sarah Bueckert, Austin, Manitoba
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa; add to creamed mixture. Beat until dough holds together, about 3 minutes. , Pat into a 9x4-in. rectangle. Cut into 2x1-1/2-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork. , Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 77mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
People also searched
More about "chocolate cornbread food"
MEXICAN CHOCOLATE CORNBREAD - KELLI'S KITCHEN
Reviews 55Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHOCOLATE CORNBREAD MUFFINS RECIPE | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
EASY CORNBREAD RECIPE | MOIST, FLUFFY HOMEMADE …
TOTALLY ADDICTIVE CORNBREAD - CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE
MY FAVORITE CORNBREAD RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SWEET CORNBREAD - CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE AND MORE!
CORNBREAD | RICARDO
CHOCOLATE CORNBREAD WITH BUTTERMILK FROSTING - FOOD …
CHOCOLATE CORNBREAD MUFFINS DIVERSE FOR EVERY MEAL - PBS
CORNBREAD | RICARDO
VEGAN CORNBREAD –THE BEST EASY RECIPE! - CHOCOLATE …
EVERYDAY CORNBREAD - ONCE UPON A CHEF
25 HOMEMADE CORNBREAD RECIPES FOR EVERY MEAL - FOOD NETWORK
CHOCOLATE CORNBREAD RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CLASSIC CORNBREAD RECIPE | CHATELAINE.COM
THE BEST CORNBREAD RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
CHOCOLATE CHIP CORNBREAD - MACHEESMO
ANNA OLSON'S CLASSIC CORNBREAD - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #breads #desserts #chocolate #from-scratch
You'll also love