CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Crumble graham crackers in a food processor with sugar and cinnamon.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in a microwave oven, about 1 minute. Add to the mixture in the food processor and blend until combined into the dough.
- Roll dough out into a crust and place into a pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Let cool completely before filling, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.3 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 92.4 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUNCH
It's worth tasting a few brands of graham crackers to find one you particularly like - preferably one with whole-wheat flour and a good dash of salt and honey or molasses. Try a health-food store or Whole Foods for organic and low-sugar brands. (Graham flour was devised in the 19th century as a healthful alternative to white flour.) Fresh, fluffy cream cheese with a minimum of fillers and stabilizers is also worth seeking out for this recipe. This recipe works fine with supermarket cream cheese and graham cracker crumbs (or dark chocolate cookie crumbs) in the crust, but the filling must be made with top-quality chocolate to get the full effect: milky cream cheese, tangy sour cream and the slight bitterness of chocolate playing against the sweet crunch of the crust. That's how it's been made since 1984 at the Saltry restaurant in Halibut Cove, off the southern Alaska coast. All of the ingredients (as well as the equipment, furniture, staff and customers) arrive by boat - except for the magnificent salmon, oysters, halibut, cod and mussels that are caught or harvested nearby.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories snack, cakes, dessert
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Line a 9- or 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter, and use fingers to mix well. Press firmly into prepared pan, evenly covering the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- In a microwave or the top of a double boiler, heat sour cream and chocolate together just until chocolate is melted. Mix until smooth.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth and fluffy, at least 2 minutes. Mix in eggs one at a time. At low speed, gradually pour in chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour filling over the crust in the pan and bake about 1 1/2 hours, until top is set and dry but still jiggles in the center when you shake the pan.
- Set aside to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
- For garnish, place graham crackers in a thick sealable plastic bag and crush, using your hands or a pot, into irregular crumbs. In a small skillet, melt butter until it foams. Add crumbs and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- When ready to serve, gently remove sides of springform pan. Serve chilled cheesecake in slices, sprinkled with crumbs and drizzled with chocolate ganache (if using).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 570, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 21 grams, Sodium 359 milligrams, Sugar 40 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHOCOLATE GLAZED CHOCOLATE TART
A triple layer of crumbly crust, a truffle-like interior, and an almost patent-leather-shiny glaze make this tart the chicest take on chocolate we've come across in a long time.
Provided by Paul Grimes
Yield Makes 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Stir together all ingredients and press evenly onto bottom and 3/4 inch up side of tart pan. Bake until firm, about 10 minutes. Cool on a rack 15 to 20 minutes
- Make filling:
- Bring cream to a boil, then pour over chocolate in a bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir until smooth. Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt in another bowl, then stir into melted chocolate.
- Pour filling into cooled crust. Bake until filling is set about 3 inches from edge but center is still wobbly, 20 to 25 minutes. (Center will continue to set as tart cools.) Cool completely in pan on rack, about 1 hour.
- Make glaze:
- Bring cream to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, then warm water
- Pour glaze onto tart, then tilt and rotate tart so glaze coats top evenly. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.
COCOA GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Mix together and press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Freeze until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2335.9, Fat 165.7, SaturatedFat 95.1, Cholesterol 366, Sodium 2163.2, Carbohydrate 223.7, Fiber 24.5, Sugar 101.1, Protein 26.2
People also searched
More about "chocolate graham crust food"
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST - JAMIE GELLER
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 50 secsCategory DessertsTotal Time 20 mins
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST - BAKING BITES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER DESSERT …
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER PIE …
NO BAKE OREO PIE WITH CHOCOLATE GRAHAM …
PERFECT GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST | TASTES BETTER …
CHOCOLATE OREO COOKIE CRUST RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST (WITHOUT BUYING …
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 1Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRUST RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Ratings 1Category Pie & PastryServings 8
KEEBLER CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPES
EASY MINI CHEESECAKES RECIPE - A LATTE FOOD
6-STEP EASY CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST FOR CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST | FOODTALK
CHOCOLATE PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPES - YUMMLY
GERMAN CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
BEST CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER PIE CRUST - THE SPRUCE EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is chocolate graham cracker crust?ThisÂ Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust starts with plain graham crackers, the type that you probably use to make graham cracker crusts for cheesecakes or to sandwiches summertimes s’mores. The graham crackers are crushed into fine crumbs and combined with cocoa powder, brown sugar and butter to make a chocolate crust with a wonderfully crisp texture.
What are the ingredients in chocolate graham cracker crumbs?Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients (With No Chocolate Cookies): 1/3 cup butter, melted. 1/4 cup brown sugar. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs.
How do you make a graham cracker pie crust?Instructions Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together until well combined. Press graham cracker crust into a 9" or 10" pie plate (I used a 9" 'deep' dish pie plate). In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and melted butter.
How to make graham crackers in a food processor?1. Crush the graham cracker crumbs in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, or crush them in a bag using a rolling pin. 2. Once crushed finely, stir in the melted butter, sugar, and salt. 3.