JAM-FILLED CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE
We love this crown of glazed cream puffs, but the cake is also great without them.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch round cake pan (2 inches deep). In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high until pale and fluffy, 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring milk and butter to a simmer over medium. With mixer on medium, gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat just until combined. With mixer on low, add milk mixture in a steady stream and beat until combined. Fold in vanilla.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until top is light golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack, 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan; turn cake out onto rack to cool completely (top side up), 30 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, trim top of cake to make it level, then split cake in half horizontally. Place bottom layer on a cake plate or serving platter and spread jam evenly on top with an offset spatula. Top with second layer.
- Make glaze: Place chocolate and corn syrup in a heatproof medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Immediately pour over chocolate and let sit 2 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth. Pour glaze on cake and spread with offset spatula so it drips down sides. Refrigerate until glaze is set, 45 minutes (or up to 2 hours). To serve, arrange cream puffs (if using) on top of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522 g, Fat 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BUNDT CAKE
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a handheld electric mixer to whisk the milk, jam, melted butter, liqueur and eggs. Add the cake mix and beat on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the cake, about 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the ganache: Put the chocolate, jam, and liqueur in a mixing bowl. Bring the cream to a low simmer in a small pan set over medium-high heat. Pour over the chocolate and let stand 10 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Let stand another 10 minutes.
- Place the cake on a cake stand or serving dish and pour the ganache over it, letting it drip down the sides. Use the raspberries and mint to decorate it to look like a holiday wreath if desired.
JAM CAKE WITH CARAMEL CHOCOLATE GANACHE
Provided by Julie Richardson
Categories Cake Chocolate Nut Dessert Bake Kid-Friendly Condiment Tree Nut Almond Birthday Party Jam or Jelly Advance Prep Required Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Yield 12 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Center an oven rack and preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt, then whisk the mixture to ensure that the ingredients are well distributed.
- In a small bowl, stir together the jam and the buttermilk.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. As you make the batter, stop the mixer frequently and scrape the paddle and the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Blend in the eggs one at a time, adding the next one as soon as the previous one has disappeared into the batter. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk mixture in two parts, beginning and ending with the flour. After each addition, mix until just barely blended and stop and scrape the bowl. Stop the mixer before the last of the flour has been incorporated and complete the blending by hand with a rubber spatula to ensure you do not overbeat the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans (there will be approximately 1 pound 4 ounces per pan) and smooth the tops. Bake in the middle of the oven until the centers are just barely firm when lightly touched, 32 to 34 minutes. Cool the cakes on a wire rack for 30 minutes before removing them from their pans. Once removed, continue to cool the cakes on the rack, top side up, until they reach room temperature. Leave the parchment paper on until you assemble the cake.
- To assemble the cake, place one of the layers, top side up, on a flat plate or a cake board. Using a thin metal spatula, spread a thin layer of caramel ganache (a bit more than 1/2 cup) on top of the cake and out to the edges of the cake. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of almonds evenly over the ganache. Align the next cake layer, top side up, on top of the first one, and repeat with another thin layer of ganache and almonds. Place the final layer of cake on top of the cake. Frost the top heavily and the sides lightly with the remainder of the ganache. Lightly press the remaining toasted almonds on the sides of cake.
- This cake is best stored and served at room temperature. In an airtight container, it keeps for up to 5 days.
CHERRY JAM DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray two 9-inch-round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and oil in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the hot coffee, 3/4 cup cocoa powder and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the eggs to butter mixture one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the bowl between each addition. Beat in the coffee mixture until well combined. Add half of the flour mixture and beat just until combined, then beat in the sour cream followed by the remaining flour mixture. Scrape down the bowl and beat 1 minute more.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to racks. When the cakes are cool enough to handle, turn them out onto the racks to cool completely before frosting.
- To assemble the cake, place one cake layer onto a serving platter or cake stand. Trim the top with a long serrated knife to make it level, if needed. Spread half of the Cherry Jam Filling on top in an even layer. Top with the other cake layer and frost the entire cake with chocolate frosting. Spread the remaining Cherry Jam Filling on top of the cake.
- Stir together 2 tablespoons water with the cornstarch in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves. Combine the cherries, sugar, remaining 6 tablespoons water and the lemon juice in a medium pot over medium heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened and looks clear and shiny, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 1 hour.
Had some cranberry sauce left over and it had thickend to the consistency of jam. Used it in this cake. Nice combination. You can use any kind of jam you wish. This recipe comes from a little recipe leaflet I bought a long time ago.
Provided by Chef Dudo
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a round 9 inch baking pan.
- Put butter, sugar, jam and water in a small pan on low heat.
- Stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa in a bowl.
- Add eggs and butter mixture.
- Mix batter with a wooden spoon, don't overmix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream or frosted with chocolate or just as it is.
OLD-FASHIONED JAM CAKE
I remember my Aunt Murna telling me she made this cake often when she was a young girl. Through the years, she made improvements to it, and her cake become a real family favorite. It has been a popular staple at our reunions.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and pineapple; let stand for at least 30 minutes. , In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with jam and buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisin mixture and nuts. , Spread into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. , For icing, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar and milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool until just warm. Pour into a large bowl; beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 702 calories, Fat 30g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 116mg cholesterol, Sodium 353mg sodium, Carbohydrate 107g carbohydrate (86g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
People also searched
More about "chocolate jam cake food"
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE WITH RASPBERRY JAM, CHOCOLATE …
Reviews 188Estimated Reading Time 10 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY JAM CAKE - APRIL J HARRIS
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
CHOCOLATE JAM CAKE – THE CRAVERS GUIDE
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY JAM CAKE - JUST A MUM'S KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY JAM CAKE - CRAFTYBAKING
MARY BERRY'S EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH BLUEBERRY JAM RECIPE | FOOD FROM …
SAM'S FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHERRY JAM - FOOD52
CHOCOLATE & JAM TEA CAKE - SIMPLE BITES
25 BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY JAM - FRIENDS DRIFT INN FOODS
MOIST CHOCOLATE JAM CAKE WITH SPOTTED CHOCOLATE COLLAR
13 JAM-PACKED CAKE RECIPES WITH FRUITY FLAVOR - BRIT + CO
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CAKE - CLOUDY KITCHEN
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CAKE | BAKE OR BREAK
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE - LITTLE SUGAR SNAPS
DARK CHOCOLATE AND JAM CAKE - OUTSTANDING NZ FOOD PRODUCER …
SWEET CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
WHAT JAM GOES WITH CHOCOLATE CAKE - LITTLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
YES, YOU CAN MAKE A WEDDING CAKE - THE NEW YORK TIMES
CHOCOLATE WHISKEY CAKE WITH COFFEE CARAMEL - NYT COOKING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #kosher #cakes #chocolate #dietary
You'll also love