FROSTING FOR WAFFLE IRON COOKIES (TURTLE COOKIES)
A friend introduced us and the boys when they were young to Turtle Cookies, which are the waffle iron cookie recipe with frosting. Now I've introduced my grandsons to these yummy chocolate Turtle Cookies. They are a big hit with this new generation too! To make the cookies follow Just a Pinch Recipe posted by Marsha Baker,...
Provided by Sharon Canfield
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and boil for 3 min.
- 2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- 3. Allow to cool a bit then add powdered sugar to make a soft, pourable frosting.
- 4. Pour frosting over the cooled waffle iron cookies, filling the holes and making a smooth, shiny turtle shell. (Follow Just a Pinch Recipe posted by Marsha Baker, "Waffle Iron Cookies" to make the cookies.)
WAFFLE IRON COOKIES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
Make and share this Waffle Iron Cookies With Chocolate Frosting recipe from Food.com.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 2 1/2 dozens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine chocolate squares and 1/2 cup butter in the top of a double boiler. Bring the water to a boil; reduce heat to low, and cook until the chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Add flour and reserved chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat waffle iron. Drop dough by 2 teaspoonfuls onto iron. Close iron, and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until done. Let cool on wire racks. Continue cooking cookies until your dough is gone.
- Top with frosting once they are cool.
- Cream butter; add cocoa, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixture. Gradually add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
WAFFLE IRON CHOCOLATE COOKIES
I reach for this recipe when I need a special dessert that requires little fuss. The cookies are quickly made in a waffle iron and then spread with chocolate frosting.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into each section of a preheated waffle iron. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. Remove carefully; cool on wire racks. Spread with chocolate frosting.
Nutrition Facts :
Not only are these cookies delicious, they're so cute! I got the recipe from my grandmother, who's been making them for years. We usually double the recipe, because they disappear quickly!
Provided by Kree6528
Yield 2 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and brown sugar; add egg yolk.
- Blend in vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and blend.
- Arrange pecans in groups of 3 on greased cookie sheet (1 for the head and 2 for the flippers).
- Mold dough into balls and dip bottoms in unbeaten egg white.
- Place on the pecans as the turtle body.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Frost with chocolate frosting (your favorite recipe or canned).
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES
Make and share this Chocolate Waffle Turtle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Vino Girl
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 48 Cookies, 48 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Add flour; stir just until combined.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of batter into center of each waffle grid.
- Cook on medium-high heat about 2 minutes, adjusting heat as necessary.
- Using a fork transfer cookies to rack; cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- When cool, mound cookies on a platter.
- For glaze: In a small saucepan heat 1/4 cup butter and water over low heat until melted.
- Add the 3 tablespoons cocoa and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in powdered sugar and the 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir in additional hot water, if needed, to reach drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies along with caramel topping.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.4, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 30.4, Sodium 52.2, Carbohydrate 16.9, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 10, Protein 1.4
People also searched
More about "chocolate waffle turtle cookies food"
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES | MIDWEST LIVING
5/5 (1)Total Time 17 minsServings 48Calories 118 per serving
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high (if temperature settings are available). In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add flour; stir just until combined.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup butter and the water over low heat until melted. Add the 3 tablespoons cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar and the 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in additional hot water, if needed, to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies along with caramel topping. Sprinkle with pecans, if you like.
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE COOKIES (TURTLE COOKIES) - GLENDA EMBREE
Reviews 5Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 16 mins
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES | COOKING GOALS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
WAFFLE IRON TURTLE COOKIES - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
IN THE PRESENCE OF PIE: CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES - DVO
TURTLE COOKIES (OR CHOCOLATE WAFFLE COOKIES) | TASTY …
CHOCOLATE TURTLE COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES FOOD - TOPNATURALRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE CHIP TURTLE COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE DROPS (COOKIES) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHOCOLATE WAFFLE TURTLE COOKIES | RECIPE | WAFFLE MAKER RECIPES, …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love