BACON WRAPPED DATES STUFFED WITH CHORIZO
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with silicone baking mat or parchment.
- Make an incision on one side of each date and insert a block of chorizo. Squeeze the date shut in your hand to secure. Wrap each date with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Place all the dates on the prepared sheet tray. Roast the dates in the oven until the bacon on top is starting to crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the dates over and repeat the process.
- Remove the dates from the oven and brush both sides with the maple syrup. Return the dates to the oven until the dates are really crackly and sticky, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
SAUTéED CHORIZO WITH RED WINE
These chunks of spicy sausage in a rich glaze of garlic, honey and red wine are sure to disappear quickly from a buffet or tapas spread
Provided by Lizzie Harris
Categories Buffet, Canapes, Side dish, Snack, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently sauté the onion for a few mins until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a few mins more.
- Push the onion and garlic to the side of the pan and add the chorizo. Brown all over, then add the wine and stir in the honey.
- Cover and cook gently for 5 mins or until the sausages are cooked through and coated with the sauce. Add a splash of water if the pan is looking dry. Serve scattered with parsley and some crusty bread to mop up the spicy juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 1.8 milligram of sodium
CHORIZO WITH RED WINE, ONIONS AND DATES
Make and share this Chorizo With Red Wine, Onions and Dates recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Miss A.T.K.
Yield 2 tbsp, 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- heat olive oil.
- add onions and cook until translucent.
- add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes.
- add balance of ingredients and cook on med heat until wine reduces by half.
- serve and enjoy.
More about "chorizo with red wine onions and dates food"
CHORIZO IN RED WINE - EASY CHORIZO SAUSAGE RECIPE!
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Meat And ChickenCalories 318 per serving
- Add a splash of olive oil to a saucepan and gently sauté the garlic and onions for a couple of minutes.
- Tip in the discs of chorizo and fry for around 5-8 minutes over a low heat until they start to ooze the lovely paprika spiced oil.
- Pour over the wine and bring to the boil, continue to simmer gently until most of the wine evaporates and you're left with a reduced sauce.
CHORIZO AL VINO TINTO (CHORIZO IN RED WINE) - CAROLINE'S COOKING
5/5 (3)Calories 149 per servingCategory Appetizer/Starter, Side Dish, Tapas/Mezze
- Warm the oil in a small skillet/frying pan over a medium heat and add the slices of chorizo in a single layer. Cook for around 3-4 minutes until starting to crisp then turn over.
- Cook for a couple minutes on the other side then add the wine to the pan. Tuck the bay leaf and whole, peeled garlic clove in between or under the chorizo slices.
- Once the wine comes to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and simmer for around 15-20 minutes until the wine has reduced by about half and become slightly more syrup-like. Remove from the heat and serve either in the skillet or a terracotta dish, topped with a little chopped parsley.
CHORIZO RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
SPANISH CHICKEN AND CHORIZO - A SAUCY KITCHEN
CHORIZO TAPAS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHORIZO IN RED WINE | A TAPAS RECIPE - AIMSY'S ANTICS
SPANISH CHORIZO IN RED WINE RECIPE FOR CHORIZO AL VINO TINTO
Cuisine SpanishTotal Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Snack, TapasCalories 375 per serving
RED WINE RISOTTO WITH CHORIZO RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Michelle BernsteinSteps 3Difficulty Easy
SPICY CHORIZO PENNE PASTA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
RISOTTO WITH CHORIZO - BBC
CHORIZO WITH RED WINE ONIONS AND DATES RECIPES
CHORIZO TOSTADAS WITH PICKLED RED ONIONS, LIME CREMA & QUESO …
CHORIZO-FILLED DATES WRAPPED IN BACON RECIPE - PENELOPE CASAS
CHORIZO WITH RED WINE, ONIONS AND DATES RECIP
CHORIZO WITH RED WINE ONIONS AND DATES RECIPES
CHORIZO RECIPES | CHORIZO IN HONEY & RED WINE - TAPAS RECIPE
CHORIZO SAUSAGE & WINE PAIRING - WITH REASONS - DRINK & PAIR
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chorizo in red wine?Method For the chorizo in red wine, heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the olive oil, shallot and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add the chorizo to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp and the oil is released. Add the bay leaves and red wine, and cook until the volume of wine has reduced to just coat the chorizo.
How to cook chorizo sausage?Push the onion and garlic to the side of the pan and add the chorizo. Brown all over, then add the wine and stir in the honey. Cover and cook gently for 5 mins or until the sausages are cooked through and coated with the sauce. Add a splash of water if the pan is looking dry.
How to make chorizo tapas?These tapas make the most of the chorizo’s smoky flavour. All they need is some bread, slices of Manchego cheese and a glass of sherry. For the chorizo in red wine, heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the olive oil, shallot and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
How to cook prawns with chorizo?Add the chorizo to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp and the oil is released. Add the bay leaves and red wine, and cook until the volume of wine has reduced to just coat the chorizo. For the prawns with chorizo, heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the olive oil and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.