BBQ BAKED BEANS
BBQ baked beans are a summer staple. This shortcut version relies on ordinary canned baked beans, which we dress up with fresh peppers, onions, cider vinegar and barbecue sauce. The sweet and tangy side dish is perfect for a summer barbecue, picnic, potluck or weeknight dinner. The beans taste even better the next day, so they can be prepared ahead of time and reheated or served at room temperature.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat an oven-proof heavy-bottom pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring often, until the fat has started to render and the bacon is beginning to crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and bell pepper and continue to cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the canned beans, barbecue sauce, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, mustard powder, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper. Bring to a simmer and let cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pot to the oven and bake (uncovered) until the sauce thickens and the beans on top begin to brown, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS
No cookout in the South is complete without baked beans. This is a simple recipe that combines sweet and smoky ingredients for a thick, rich, and perfect side dish.
Provided by Frank Thomas
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place a large Dutch oven or cast-iron pot over direct heat and cook bacon until fat has begun to render. Add onion and red pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Add the beans, including canning liquid, and bring to a simmer.
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, mustard, hot sauce, and Creole seasoning and stir to combine. Close the lid and cook the beans until the liquid has thickened, about 60 minutes. Cover the pot and move to the cooler side of the grill, then cook for another 20-30 minutes or until desired tenderness.
PERFECT BBQ BAKED BEANS
I saw a similar recipe online a while back and have been amending it to make it my own. Everyone always loves these beans, and they are a sweet, filling, and yummy addition to a plate of potato salad and the smokey BBQ we all love!
Provided by aleasa
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and mesquite seasoning until the meat is no longer pink, breaking it up into crumbles as it cooks, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease, and transfer the meat mixture to a large baking dish. Stir in the baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, barbeque sauce, dry mustard powder, and cayenne pepper, and mix until any small lumps of brown sugar have dissolved.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the beans are bubbling and the flavors have blended, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Carbohydrate 58.2 g, Cholesterol 27.5 mg, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 6.8 g, Protein 15.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 1330.7 mg, Sugar 32.8 g
People also searched
More about "classic bbq baked beans food"
HOMEMADE BAKED BEANS RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
BBQ BAKED BEANS (WITH CANNED BEANS) - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
15 BAKED BEANS RECIPES THAT HIT ALL THE RIGHT NOTES - FOOD COM
THE OKIE VEGAN - CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS
CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS | PUNCHFORK
QUICK CLASSIC BAKED BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS – FOODATHOME
CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS - THE UPSIDE BY VITACOST.COM
CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS RECIPES - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
BBQ BAKED BEANS - INSANELY GOOD
CLASSIC BARBECUE BAKED BEANS | KC MASTERPIECE
TOP 44 CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS RECIPES - NAMUS.YOURAMYS.COM
BAKED BEAN RECIPES
CLASSIC BAKED BEANS - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
THE BEST BARBECUE BAKED BEANS - EASIEST, MEATIEST BBQ BAKED …
CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS RECIPES RECIPE
LOCKHART'S BBQ - FOOD MENU
CLASSIC BBQ BAKED BEANS — BONNIE JO MANION | FRENCH COUNTRY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook baked beans in the oven?Drain excess grease, and transfer the meat mixture to a large baking dish. Stir in the baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, barbeque sauce, dry mustard powder, and cayenne pepper, and mix until any small lumps of brown sugar have dissolved. Bake in the preheated oven until the beans are bubbling and the flavors have blended, about 20 minutes.
What kind of beans are used in baked beans?This baked bean recipe uses canned beans instead of the dry type so it is quick and easy to prepare. Navy beans, molasses, and maple syrup combine to make this classic dish at home.
What are cowboy baked beans made of?These baked beans are made with Korean BBQ sauce and bacon and cooked under pressure in the Instant Pot(R) so they develop a smoky flavor. Easy to make, but requiring a few hours to come together in the oven, these cowboy baked beans are full of pork, onion, and bell pepper.
How do you cook beans and bacon in a skillet?Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in skillet. Sauté onion in hot bacon drippings 7 minutes or until tender. Stir together pork, onions, beans, and next 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top bean mixture with bacon. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.