BEST DATE BARS
Date recipes are some of my favorite desserts to cook up. These date treats are very easy to bake, and one sheet of them will yield 48 good-sized bars. I sometimes add nuts, coconut or candied fruit. -Dorothy DeLeske, Scottsdale, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 40 bars.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan, combine dates, sugar and water. Cook, stirring frequently, until very thick. Stir in walnuts, if desired; cool. , Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl; add oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle water over mixture; stir lightly. Pat half into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with date mixture; cover with remaining oat mixture and pat lightly. , Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts :
GRAMMA'S DATE SQUARES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pastry flour, salt, 1 cup brown sugar, and baking soda. Mix in the butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the dates, water, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Bring to a boil, and cook until thickened. Stir in lemon juice, and remove from heat. Spread the filling over the base, and pat the remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated oven, or until top is lightly toasted. Cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.1 calories, Carbohydrate 63.7 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 217.4 mg, Sugar 41.8 g
OLD-FASHIONED DATE BARS
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; and gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the dates and nuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 13x9 baking pan and bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into approximately 24 bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.9, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 43.6, Sodium 124.5, Carbohydrate 47.5, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 32.7, Protein 3.4
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook filling ingredients over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening.
- In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until well mixed. Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt until crumbly. Press half of the crumb mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Spread with filling. Top with remaining crumb mixture; press lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan on cooling rack. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows while warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Bar, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 0 g
People also searched
More about "classic date bars food"
CLASSIC DATE BARS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.9/5 (16)Servings 16
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8x8-inch metal baking pan. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to simmer in medium saucepan. Add dates; simmer until very soft and thick, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl; stir to blend. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub in until moist clumps form. Press half of oat mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Spread date mixture over. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture; press gently to adhere. Bake until brown at edges and golden brown and set in center, about 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into bars and serve.
DATE SQUARES (THE BEST) | RICARDO
BEST VEGAN DATE BARS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE VEGAN …
DATE SQUARES THICK CLASSIC RECIPE - CANADIAN BUDGET BINDER
BEST DATE BARS NEAR 12065 GREYWING SQUARE, RESTON, VA 20191
DATE CRUMBLE BARS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DATE FILLING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DATE BAR MIX RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
STICKY TOFFEE DATE BARS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
JACKSON'S MIGHTY FINE FOOD AND LUCKY LOUNGE - YELP
DATE NIGHT MUST! - BARCELONA WINE BAR, RESTON TRAVELLER REVIEWS ...
RECIPE FOR DATE BARS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
DATE BARS FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
CLASSIC DATE BARS RECIPE BY WESTERN.CHEFS | IFOOD.TV
DATE NIGHT MUST! - REVIEWS, PHOTOS - BARCELONA WINE BAR
CLASSIC DATE BARS | RECIPE | FOOD, COOKING AND BAKING, DESSERTS
BURGER BODEGA MAY BE NEXT BEST BURGER IN HOUSTON, SAYS ALISON …
CLASSIC DATE BARS RECIPES- WIKIFOODHUB
You'll also love