CONCORD GRAPE JELLY
At one time my mother in law would make many different flavors of jams and jellies. This is one of her old recipes that she has given to me.
Provided by SWIZZLESTICKS
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Sort and wash grapes, and remove stems. Place them into a large kettle and crush them. Add water, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and extract juice. Allow the juice to stand in a cool place overnight to prevent the formation of crystals in the jelly.
- Strain the juice through a double thickness of damp cheesecloth. Measure 4 cups of the juice into a large pot. Stir in the sugar. Quickly bring to a full rolling boil. Stir in pectin, and allow to boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and skim off foam. Pour into hot sterile jars, and process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101.4 calories, Carbohydrate 26.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 0.7 mg, Sugar 25.9 g
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY
- In a large saucepan combine grape juice, lemon juice, butter, and pectin. Bring mixture to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Keep stirring and bring mixture to a rolling boil and boil hard for no longer than 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4-inch head space. Adjust 2-piece caps. Process 5 minutes in hot boiling water canner.
SURE.JELL® CONCORD GRAPE JELLY
Prepare this SURE.JELL Concord Grape Jelly for a delicious fruit spread you won't forget! Enjoy Concord grapes with this delightfully sweet grape jelly.
Provided by My Food and Family
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before filling.
- Stem and crush grapes thoroughly, 1 layer at a time. Place in large saucepan; add water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally. Place 3 layers of damp cheesecloth or jelly bag in large bowl. Pour prepared fruit into cheesecloth. Tie cheesecloth closed; hang and let drip into bowl until dripping stops. Press gently. Measure exactly 1-1/4 qt. (5 cups) prepared juice into 6- or 8-qt. saucepot.
- Stir pectin into juice in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 5 min. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
People also searched
More about "concord grape jelly food"
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY - FOOD52
HOMEMADE CONCORD GRAPE JELLY -A STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
HOMEMADE LOW SUGAR CONCORD GRAPE JELLY – FOOD IN …
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY RECIPE ON FOOD52
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY RECIPE - THE FLAVOR BENDER
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 81 per serving
- Remove the pulp from the grapes by squeezing one end of the grape (opposite from the stem side). This will pop the pulp right out (see picture in post).
WELCH'S CONCORD GRAPE JELLY, 30 OUNCE (PACK OF 2)
WELCH'S CONCORD GRAPE JELLY (30 OZ., 2 PK.) - AMAZON.CA
$57.13 · Price stable ✕ Price historyPrice stable Reviews 22
GOOD GOOD SWEET CONCORD GRAPE JELLY & CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
BEST CONCORD GRAPE JELLY RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
3.2/5 (5)Category Breakfast,Brunch,Fruit,Herbs,SideServings 24
SMUCKER'S CONCORD GRAPE JELLY, 32 OZ (2 LBS) 907 G BY SMUCKER'S
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY | RICARDO
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY | SMUCKERS
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY • AZURE STANDARD | NATURAL ORGANIC FOODS, …
PRODUCT “CONCORD GRAPE JELLY” | THE OPEN FOOD REPO
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY | JAMS & PRESERVES | FOODTOWN
CONCORD GRAPE JAM RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
CONCORD GRAPE JELLY RECIPE WITH PECTIN RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Concord grape jelly?A wonderful sweet Concord grape jelly made with fresh Concord grapes. Add the grapes into a very large pot and use a potato masher to crush the grapes as much as possible. Add the water and bring the fruit to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes or until the grapes are very soft.
Is Concord grape jelly low sugar?Homemade, low sugar Concord grape jelly is a fun one to have in the pantry and makes the most delicious nut butter sandwich imaginable! I was certain that I was going to miss the Concord grape season this year.
How much sugar do you put in Concord jelly?Homemade Low Sugar Concord Grape Jelly. 1 4 pounds Concord grapes. 2 2 cups granulated sugar. 3 1 tablespoon calcium water (calcium powder comes in the box of Pomona's Pectin) 4 1 tablespoon Pomona's Pectin Instructions.
Does Concord grape jelly stain your clothes?The skin is what yields that deep purple color in this concord grape jelly recipe (concord grape jam). Also remember that the grape skin can stain your clothes, so be careful not to get it on your clothes when you’re removing the skin. You can push the grape pulp through a sieve at the beginning, to separate out the seeds as well.