CORN TRUFFLE (HUITLACOCHE) QUESADILLAS
Huitlacoche (pronounced wee-tlah-KOH-cheh) is a delicious corn fungus packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Known also as the Mexican truffle, it has been considered a delicacy in Mexico for thousands of years and its popularity is rapidly growing in the US and Europe. Enjoy it in these crispy quesadillas.
Provided by gem
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and epazote and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir corn truffles into onion mixture; cook and stir until truffle liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and keep warm.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat until hot. Moisten both sides of two tortillas with water and place them, stacked together, onto the hot griddle; cook until the bottom tortilla is crisp, about 2 minutes. Flip the stacked tortillas and cook the other tortilla until crisp, about 2 minutes. Separate the two tortillas; place them separately, uncooked side down, onto the hot griddle. Cover the crisp side of one tortilla with 1/5 of the Oaxaca cheese; place 1/5 of the corn truffle mixture over the cheese, then lay the crisp side of the second tortilla on top to cover the truffle mix.
- Cook, turning once, until both tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes; repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, and corn truffle mixture. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525 calories, Carbohydrate 35.6 g, Cholesterol 107.5 mg, Fat 32.2 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 722.9 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
People also searched
More about "corn truffle huitlacoche quesadillas food"
CORN TRUFFLE QUESADILLAS | QUESADILLAS DE HUITLACOCHE …
5/5 (1)Category Dinner, Lunch
- If using fresh huitlacoche, the package will instruct wether it needs to be rinsed or not. For the canned simply open and use, the canned huitlacoche comes ready to use. If using the jarred version only if it comes in brine then you can drain otherwise do read the instructions on the jar but you should just be able to use as desired. If you'd like you can remove any corn silk from any of the huitlacoche you use.
- Warm up a comal or a griddle or pan,until hot then turn the flame to medium-low. Then place a corn tortilla on it and allow to warm up for a minute, flip it over then on one half of the tortilla place the cheese. Spoon in some of the huitlacoche filling on top of the cheese, carefully fold the empty tortilla half over the filling to form a half-moon shape. Cook for a few minutes before flipping over and cooking a couple of more minutes -- all you want to achieve is melted cheese. Remove the quesadilla from the heat and set aside to continue until of the filling is used up.
QUESADILLAS DE HUITLACOCHE~CORN TRUFFLE QUESADILLLAS
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
WHAT IS HUITLACOCHE AND HOW DO YOU COOK IT? - FOOD …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
HUITLACOCHE (CORN MUSHROOM) QUESADILLA - V&V …
HUITLACOCHE - GASTRO OBSCURA
HUITLACOCHE (CORN SMUT) & HOW TO EAT IT | TRAVEL FOOD ATLAS
WHAT IS HUITLACOCHE AND WHY DON’T AMERICANS EAT MORE …
Author Sylvio Martins
HUITLACOCHE QUESADILLAS - RECIPES BY SEASONS FOR SUCCESS
HUITLACOCHE QUESADILLAS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
HUITLACOCHE OR CORN MUSHROOM - THE SPRUCE EATS
HUITLACOCHE: WHAT IS CORN SMUT & HOW TO USE IT | MESTIZO MARKET
CORN TRUFFLE (HUITLACOCHE) QUESADILLAS | PUNCHFORK
CORN TRUFFLE (HUITLACOCHE) QUESADILLAS - COOKTHISMEAL.COM
HUITLACOCHE - MEXICAN CORN TRUFFLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SIXCOOK - CORN TRUFFLE (HUITLACOCHE) QUESADILLAS RECIPE
CORN TRUFFLE QUESADILLA MADE WITH HUITLACOCHE – BUFFALO MARKET
QUESADILLAS DE HUITLACOCHE~CORN TRUFFLE QUESADILLLAS | MEXICAN …
TORTILLAS WITH MEXICAN CORN TRUFFLES - CHALUPAS DE …
You'll also love