ROASTED CORNISH GAME HEN WITH MUSTARD GLAZE
A great dinner for two, for weeknight, company or the holidays! Adapted from Gourmet magazine July 1990(via Epicurious).
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Remove the backbone from the hen with poultry shears or a sharp knife, place the hen, skin side up, on a work surface, and press down the breastbone to flatten the hen.
- In an ovenproof skillet roast the hen, skin side up, in a preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
- While the hen is roasting, in a small bowl whisk together the oil, the mustard, rosemary, the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the hen from the oven, spread the mustard mixture over the skin, and roast the hen for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the hen to a preheated broiler and broil it about 4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes. Now put the mustard seed in with the mustard mixture and broil for 2-3 more minutes(this is so the mustard seeds won't burn).
- Transfer the hen to a platter and keep it warm.
- To the skillet add the wine and boil the mixture over high heat until it is reduced by half. Add the broth, boil the mixture for 1 minute, scraping up and brown bits, and add any juices that have accumulated on the platter. Strain the sauce through a fine sieve onto 2 plates. Cut the hen in half with a sharp knife, and arrange each half on top of the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
ROASTED CORNISH HENS WITH HONEY MUSTARD GLAZE
The original recipe came from "The 21 Cookbook: Recipes and Lore from New York's Fabled Restaurant" by Michael Lomonaco and Donna Forsman. I found the cooking time given was insufficient and the recipe made enough glaze for eight hens, never mind four! Obviously, I will be using the changes I made to the recipe. The end result was a big hit with my family and guests, though!
Provided by Irmgard
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season the hens inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place equal portions of bay leaves, garlic, thyme and chili flakes inside the cavity of each hen.
- Brush the hens with oil.
- Place, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Cover and roast in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Check at this point to see if the leg pulls away easily from the body and the meat is no longer pink. If still pink, roast for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, mustard, vinegar, cumin and cilantro in a bowl.
- Brush over the hens.
- Roast uncovered for another 10 minutes to brown the glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 927.3, Fat 29.7, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 619.7, Sodium 687.6, Carbohydrate 20.3, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 17.5, Protein 137
CORNISH HENS WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD GLAZE
Categories Mustard Roast Kid-Friendly Fall Bon Appétit Small Plates
Yield 2 servings; can be doubled or tripled
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring until well combined.
- Pat hens dry. Tie legs together to hold shape. Place in small baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush with maple mixture. Roast until juices run clear when hens are pierced in thickest part of thighs, basting occasionally with glaze, about 1 hour.
People also searched
More about "cornish hens with maple mustard glaze food"
SPICY MAPLE CORNISH HENS RECIPE | KARDEA BROWN | FOOD …
Author Kardea BrownSteps 3Difficulty Easy
ROAST CORNISH HENS WITH MAPLE, MUSTARD AND SAGE
CORNISH HENS WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD GLAZE | SIMPLE BY …
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED CORNISH HENS - BEAUTIFUL EATS & THINGS
ASTRAY RECIPES: CORNISH HENS WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD GLAZE
MAPLE-GLAZED CORNISH HENS RECIPE | YUMMLY
10 BEST CORNISH GAME HEN GLAZE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAPLE-GLAZED CORNISH HENS | TYSON® BRAND
CORNISH HENS WITH MAPLE MUSTARD GLAZE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
CORNISH HENS WITH MAPLE MUSTARD GLAZE FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
MAPLE-GLAZED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - KITCHEN TRICKS
CORNISH HENS WITH APRICOT-MUSTARD GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OUR 12 BEST EASTER BBQ RECIPES - SMOKED BBQ SOURCE
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH HONEY-MUSTARD-GARLIC-CILANTRO GLAZE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to Cook Cornish hens with maple mustard glaze?Roast until juices run clear when hens are pierced in thickest part of thighs, basting occasionally with glaze, about 1 hour. How would you rate Cornish Hens with Maple-Mustard Glaze?
How do you Cook Cornish hens?That unmistakable flavor adds tasty complexity to savory Cornish hens. Heat grill to medium. Cut each hen down the backbone and spread flat on a cutting board. Rinse hens and pat dry. Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
How do you cook Hens in maple syrup?Pat hens dry. Tie legs together to hold shape. Place in small baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush with maple mixture. Roast until juices run clear when hens are pierced in thickest part of thighs, basting occasionally with glaze, about 1 hour.
How do you cook Hens in the oven?Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring until well combined. Pat hens dry. Tie legs together to hold shape. Place in small baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush with maple mixture.