To help breading adhere to the fish, pat fillets dry and coat lightly with flour before dipping in egg and dredging in cornmeal coating. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before frying.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg and lemon juice. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Dip catfish into egg mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry fillets, two at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430 calories, Fat 25g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 133mg cholesterol, Sodium 568mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
FRIED CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH
For extra crispy use stone-ground yellow cornmeal. Adjust all spices to taste. I made this using large basa fillets, it was excellent!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a shallow dish combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Dredge the fillets into the mixture and coat evenly.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or a Dutch oven pour about 2-inches of oil; heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry the fillets in batches for about 5-6 minutes turning once until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417.4, Fat 16.6, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 145.8, Sodium 267.4, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 0.2, Protein 42.9
SPICY CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH
Serve with a spoonful of tartar sauce and a lemon wedge on the side of each plate.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Seafood Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- On a baking sheet, mix together cornmeal, paprika, cumin, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dredge fish in cornmeal mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Place 2 catfish fillets in the skillet, skin side up. Cook until crust is browned and fish is firm, 6 to 8 minutes on each side. If crust is starting to turn too brown, reduce heat. Transfer fish to a plate; keep warm. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349 g, Fat 18 g, Protein 35 g
SOUTHERN-CORNMEAL CRUSTED CATFISH WITH CRUNCHY CORN RELISH
Make and share this Southern-Cornmeal Crusted Catfish With Crunchy Corn Relish recipe from Food.com.
Provided by LMillerRN
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To make Crunchy Corn Relish: Melt butter in a large skillet. Add water and corn; cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in red pepper and cook for 1 additional minute. Add green onion, half-and-half, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To make Southern Cornmeal Crusted Catfish: Stir together buttermilk or yogurt and hot sauce; brush on catfish and allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Coat catfish lightly with cornmeal and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, sauté catfish about 3 minutes on each side, turning only once, until golden and crisp. Serve with relish. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 484.7, Fat 24.8, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 113.7, Sodium 274.9, Carbohydrate 38.6, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 6.8, Protein 30.5
SPICY CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH
Serve this fish with tartar sauce as a main dish or also delicious served as a sandwich. Easy preparation. Prep time includes refrigeration time. From Eating Well Magazine.
Provided by Bev I Am
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place fillets in a single layer in a shallow glass dish, Pour milk over the fish; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare Tangy Tartar Sauce: Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Makes 1/2 cup.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Combine cornmeal, parsley, garlic and cayenne to taste in a shallow dish.
- Remove the fish from the milk, sprinkle both side with salt and dredge in the cornmeal mixture.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the fish on baking sheet and lightly coat the fish with cooking spray.
- Bake until the fish is firm to the touch and opaque in the center, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
- Makes 4 servings.
CORNMEAL CRUSTED CATFISH WITH GRILLED TOMATO AND SWEET ONION SALAD
- Season the tomatoes and onions with salt and pepper on both sides. Brush the tomatoes and onions with canola oil on both sides. Place tomatoes and onions on a hot grill and grill for 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and coarsely chop. Place in a bowl and add balsamic vinegar and thyme. Check for seasoning. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Lightly dredge the catfish fillets in the cornmeal, pressing lightly to make the cornmeal stick well. Place a saute pan on the grill and heat. When the pan is hot, add 3 tablespoons of canola oil and heat. Place the catfish in the pan, and pan fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the cornmeal is golden brown. Serve the catfish with the grilled tomato and onion salad.
I love fish this way. Next to good ole' deep fried batter dipped, it is my fave way to eat fish. This is very simple to make and tastes delicious. Also, it is very versatile, you can serve with almost anything: salad, rice, potatoes, beans, whatever suits you!
Provided by SlipC
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Beat egg with water in a shallow bowl.
- Roll trout in the flour.
- In a small paper or large ziplock bag, combine cornmeal, chopped nuts, salt, pepper, paprika, and ground cumin.
- One piece at a time, dip fish in egg and then place in bag and toss to coat.
- Heat veggie oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry fish in oil, turning once, till both sides are brown (approx 10 minutes total).
- You can tell when the fish is done, because you can flake it with a fork.
- My hubby likes to sprinkle a little lemon or lime juice on his fish, but I like it just the way it is!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.3, Fat 6.8, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 667.6, Carbohydrate 33.9, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 0.7, Protein 6.7
People also searched
More about "cornmeal crusted catfish food"
CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH RECIPE | PATTI LABELLE | COOKING CHANNEL
CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH - BLUE APRON
HOW TO MAKE OVEN BAKED CATFISH - CORNMEAL CRUSTED!
RED’S TABLE REVIEW: CHEF DRIVEN BUT FAMILY OWNED, MAKING RESTON …
CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH WITH GREENS AND BISCUITS
SPICY CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CORNMEAL-CRUSTED CATFISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MEXICAN FAST FOOD CHAINS, RANKED FROM WORST TO BEST
6 RESTAURANTS IN VIRGINIA THAT SERVE AMAZING CATFISH
SOUTHERN CORNMEAL-CRUSTED BAKED CATFISH | RECIPELION.COM
RESTON, VA- CORNMEAL CRUSTED BLUE CATFISH AT RED'S TABLE …
CORNMEAL CRUSTED CATFISH - THE SCRAMBLE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love