COTTAGE ROLL /COTTAGE HAM
I have made cottage rolls often but couldnt find a recipe here on Zaar so I thought I would post my old standby. It is like a corned beef flavour wise but it is a ham made from pork shoulder. It is much cheaper than pork roast, ham or corned beef usually.
Provided by Tara1183
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place cottage roll in roasting pan or crockpot.
- Surround it with potatoes, carrots, onion and cabbage if you like.
- You can add as many as will fit or what you need for supper or use any size cottage roll that will fit.
- Sprinkle with pepper and cover roast 3/4 with water.
- cover and Bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours or in crockpot on high 6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
- Cottage roll should fall apart like a pot roast.
- Serve with mustard (dijon is my favorite).
- The leftover stock can be spiced up as a gravy or makes a great bean or pea soup base.
BROWN SUGAR COTTAGE ROLL
A recipe my Mom always made and I loved it.I have added a few of my own touches and it is still so AMAZING... Slocooker/Crock Pot it as much of the day you can for best results. Size of Roll varies, purchase as you would a Roast Beef for your family. Crock Pot does all the work, you just dress it up.
Provided by Chef Debbie 6
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Remove Roll from packaging , rinse under cold water.
- Place fatty side up in Crock Pot.
- Pour Ginger Ale to cover roll.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Melt butter/margarine.
- Add Brown Sugar/Hoisen Sauce/Mustard.
- Whisk together, (You want it like a glaze) set aside.
- When Roll is done, remove from Crock and place in roasting pan, If you have any leftover G/Ale pour into roaster,otherwise use from Crock to cover bottom of pan.
- Using a brush, cover complete Cottage Roll, with mixture, (save some to brown top) place into oven @ about 325 degrees for 45 mins -- Remove from oven -- brush on remaining mixture, put back in oven on broil, turning to get all sides.
- Remove when done to your desire, cut netting, and enjoy -- Great with Mashed Potatoes or Scalloped Potatoes -- .
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 15.4, Sodium 193.5, Carbohydrate 73, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 71.4, Protein 0.3
BATON TWIRLING'S SLOW COOKER COTTAGE ROLL
A cottage roll is the top end of the shoulder, otherwise known as the shoulder butt and is cured in a brine. They are usually just the right size for a slow cooker and are available at most supermarkets. You can have this with cabbage or creamed corn & boiled potatoes. Serve a little hot mustard on the side. The cottage roll will shred instead of slice, just like pulled meat does. Delish! Save the cooking liquid to make Baton Twirling's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe the next day. From joycesfinecooking.com.
Provided by Baton Twirling
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove wrapper from cottage roll.
- Rinse and place in slow cooker with peppercorns, bay leaf, celery, carrot, onion, bacon and potato.
- Add water to within 1 inch of top of slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove cottage roll, strain cooking liquid, discarding vegetable and seasonings.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the liquid& mix it with brown sugar& butter.
- Spread evenly over cottage roll, place under the broiler turning& basting often till it is browned.
- Slice cottage roll& serve.
- If desired, refrigerate remaining liquid overnight for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.1, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 13.7, Sodium 93.7, Carbohydrate 20.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 14.7, Protein 1.6
PORK COTTAGE ROLL & CABBAGE
- Put cottage roll in large pot or dutch oven; add onion, carrots, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, depending on the size of the roast.
- Remove meat from liquid and place in a baking pan; brush with honey mustard and brown sugar mixed to a paste. Reserve the liquid to cook the cabbage.
- Place roast in the oven, just on "warm" while you cook the cabbage.
- Thinly slice cabbage and cook in the liquid that the roast was in for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until desired tenderness.
- Good served with boiled new potatoes.
People also searched
More about "cottage roll slow cooker recipe 345 food"
SWEET PICKLED COTTAGE ROLL - COOKSINFO
10 BEST COTTAGE ROLLS CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: PORK COTTAGE ROLL - DELISHABLY
COTTAGE ROLL SLOW COOKER RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
10 BEST PORK COTTAGE ROLL RECIPES | YUMMLY
COTTAGE ROLL - KITCHEN DICTIONARY - FOOD.COM
PORK COTTAGE ROLL COOKED ON SLOW COOKER - YOUTUBE
10 BEST COTTAGE ROLL BOILED DINNER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SIMPLE SLOW COOKER MEALS THAT ARE PERFECT FOR THE COTTAGE
COTTAGE ROLL WITH VEGGIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE, DELICIOUS COTTAGE ROLL AND BROTH …
SLOW COOKER COTTAGE HAM – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
COTTAGE HAM | RENEE'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
8 BEST COTTAGE ROLL IDEAS | COTTAGE ROLL, COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICH
HOW YOU CAN PREPARE A COTTAGE ROLL INSIDE A CROCK-POT
You'll also love