Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, with a little crunch from the pecans. Keep waffles warm in the oven as they complete cooking and come off the waffle iron. The ricotta adds tenderness, richness, and great texture to the waffles. Breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner never looked better! Serve with butter, maple syrup, and additional pecans, if desired.
Provided by lutzflcat
Categories 100+ Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Waffle Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, ricotta cheese, and eggs in a large bowl; blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in melted butter and maple extract. Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture and stir until just combined but still lumpy; don't overmix or the waffles will be tough and chewy.
- Lightly spray the waffle iron grids with cooking spray, if needed, following the manufacturer's instructions for cooking. Add about 1 cup of batter depending on the size of your waffle iron, spreading evenly, and sprinkle batter with about 2 to 3 tablespoons pecans.
- Cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, making sure the waffle is fully cooked before lifting the lid (the steam slows down once the waffles are done). Remove waffle, place on a baking sheet without stacking, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and place in the preheated oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.4 calories, Carbohydrate 46.2 g, Cholesterol 108.8 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 13.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, Sodium 477.1 mg, Sugar 9.9 g
MAPLE PECAN WAFFLES
This is a nice light and fluffy waffle--great for overnight guests. Or, make it for dessert and top it with fresh fruit and whipped cream. I found this in My Great Recipes. I didn't have any pecans so I substituted walnuts. For the maple flavoring I threw in a few squirts of maple syrup. If you have any left (might want to double the recipe), wrap in plastic and freeze. To reheat, just put the frozen waffle in the toaster (move over L'eggo My Ego).
Provided by AmyZoe
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- In mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, milk, and oil until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating after each addition and beat only until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whites into batter.
- Stir in pecans and maple extract.
- For each waffle, pour 1/2 cup batter into center of waffle iron or until it spreads to 1 inch from edges.
- Cook until waffle iron stops steaming.
- Waffle should be crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with warmed maple syrup and melted butter and sliced strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.5, Fat 32.3, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 100.1, Sodium 288.1, Carbohydrate 41.5, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 1.4, Protein 11.1
People also searched
More about "country waffles with maple pecan butter food"
MAPLE PECAN WAFFLES RECIPE - DINE AND DISH
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory BreakfastTotal Time 40 mins
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, oil and maple syrup. Beat in dry ingredients. Add oil and beat until well blended.
- Fold in the egg whites. Do not over mix, but make certain the egg whites are evenly distributed in the batter.
PECAN WAFFLES WITH WHIPPED MAPLE BUTTER – …
MAPLE PECAN WAFFLES WITH EASY TO MAKE CINNAMON …
THE VERY BEST WAFFLES - BUNS IN MY OVEN
MAPLE PECAN BUTTER RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
COUNTRY WAFFLES WITH MAPLE PECAN BUTTER RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 274 per serving
SPICED PECAN PUMPKIN WAFFLES WITH HOMEMADE PECAN MAPLE BUTTER
PUMPKIN WAFFLES WITH MAPLE PECAN CREAM - BETTER HOMES
WAFFLES WITH SPICY GLAZED BACON AND PECANS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
OUR TOP 10 BEST WAFFLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
BUTTER PECAN WAFFLES - CARNALDISH
GOURMET MAPLE WAFFLES | MAPLE FROM CANADA
COUNTRY WAFFLES WITH MAPLE PECAN BUTTER
MAPLE PUMPKIN PECAN WAFFLES - TEASPOON OF SPICE
BUTTER PECAN WAFFLES | MRFOOD.COM
MAPLE BELGIAN WAFFLES RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
PECAN WAFFLES WITH PECAN BUTTER (V/GF) – BUNNY'S BITE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #eggs-dairy #fruit #easy #holiday-event #nuts #inexpensive #brunch #taste-mood #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love