- In batches, saute the spinach in a large saute pan over high heat until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook until translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the butter and flour; cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil (it will thicken as comes to a boil). Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan, nutmeg and sauteed spinach.
- Serve immediately or hold in a low oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Saute for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and red chili flakes and saute for 2 more minutes. Add the heavy cream, Parmesan, and nutmeg. Heat until the cream is just beginning to bubble, stirring often. Turn the burner off and stir in sour cream and spinach. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top evenly with fried onions. Bake until golden and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash the spinach in several changes of water to get rid of any grit. Drain the spinach but keep some of the water clinging to the leaves. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the spinach and garlic. Cook, turning frequently, until the spinach has wilted down evenly. Remove the garlic and put the spinach into a colander and let it drain well. Press out as much liquid as you can from the leaves and chop them coarsely.
- Heat the skillet again over medium-high heat and add the cream and nutmeg; cook until it reduces a bit, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the spinach is hot, about 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
EASY CREAMED SPINACH
Double cream, Parmesan cheese and a pinch of nutmeg turn this spinach side into something a little bit special
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter over a medium heat. Tip in the spinach and wilt for 5 mins until all the liquid from the spinach has evaporated.
- Add the double cream and grated Parmesan. Season well and add a little nutmeg, if you like. Serve as a delicious side to smoked haddock.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Fat 34 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
What can be better than a side of creamy, nutmeg-infused spinach? Perfect to accompany any roast and especially good at Christmas
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 25g butter in a saucepan, then add 1 finely chopped small onion and cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in 2 tbsp plain flour and cook for 2 mins, then slowly start to whisk in 200ml full-fat milk. When it has all been incorporated, gently cook for 5 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, place two 200g bags spinach in a large colander. Pour over a kettle full of boiling water until the leaves have wilted (you may have to do this twice).
- Place the spinach in a clean dishcloth, squeeze out any excess liquid, then roughly chop.
- Stir into the sauce with 100ml single cream, gently heat, then finely grate over some fresh nutmeg and season well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.26 milligram of sodium
CREAMED SPINACH (LIKE BOSTON MARKET)
This is by far the best creamed spinach recipe that I have ever tasted! My mother got married in early Nov and my brother (a chef) served Bar-B-Qued Filet Mignon, oven roasted red potatoes, this creamed spinach, salad and garlicy cheesy bread - Talk about heaven!! The creamed spinach stole the show and 1/2 the guests left with the recipe! He found the recipe on the internet, it is a copy cat recipe of Boston Market's creamed spinach. (I think it's better).
Provided by Pvt Amys Mom
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt 3 Tbls butter.
- Stir flour and salt into pan until creamed together.
- Slowly stir in cream, then stir in cream cheese, increase heat to medium.
- Constantly whisk until mixture becomes thick and smooth, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic in remaining butter until transparent.
- Add spinach and water to pan, reduce heat to low, cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Stir prepared sauce and Parmesan cheese into pan, stir until completely blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.8, Fat 22.5, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 64.9, Sodium 393.2, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 3, Sugar 1.5, Protein 8.1
People also searched
More about "creamed spinach iii food"
BEST CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CREAMED …
5/5 (9)Category Comfort Food, Dinner, Side DishCuisine American, Comfort FoodTotal Time 30 mins
- Pour in milk, whisking constantly, and cook for another five minutes while you cook the spinach.
FRESH CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (55)Calories 142 per servingCategory Side Dish
THE FOOD LAB'S CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
5/5 (4)Total Time 2 hrsCategory Side Dish, SidesCalories 541 per serving
STEAKHOUSE CREAMED SPINACH (JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL)
BEST CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CREAMED …
CREAMED SPINACH - ONCE UPON A CHEF
EASY CREAMED SPINACH (BETTER THAN A STEAKHOUSE)
CREAMED SPINACH - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BEST EVER CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE (WITH FRESH OR FROZEN) | KITCHN
CREAMED SPINACH RECIPES
Author Sarra Sedghi
CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
THE BEST CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
AMANDA FREITAG'S CREAMED SPINACH | FOOD NETWORK - YOUTUBE
EASY CREAMED SPINACH - CAFE DELITES
CREAMED SPINACH - GRANDBABY CAKES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love