CREAMY COLE SLAW
Spiked with vinegar and spiced with mustard, Bobby Flay's Creamy Coleslaw recipe is the perfect picnic side from Boy Meets Grill on Food Network.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired.
For me, this is the best coleslaw recipe because a package of shredded cabbage and carrots really cuts down on prep time. This creamy coleslaw recipe is great for potlucks or to serve to your family on a busy weeknight. -Renee Endress, Galva, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir until blended. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 calories, Fat 24g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 431mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
This is a very tasty low everything slaw! Enjoy with no guilt pangs. I only use 2 pkts of Splenda. Read Ellee's review . so be careful how much you use
Provided by Bergy
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl combine Mayo,sugar substitute, mustard, vinegar,& celery seed, mix well, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in the cabbage just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40.1, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 3.2, Sodium 259.4, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 4.6, Protein 1.1
- Mix cabbage and carrots in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Pour over cabbage.
- Mix well.
TRADITIONAL CREAMY COLESLAW
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish, onion powder, dry mustard, celery salt, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar. Fold coleslaw mix into dressing. Cover bowl and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.9 g, Cholesterol 12.3 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 331.6 mg, Sugar 5 g
KFC CREAMY COLESLAW
- Mix vegetables in bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour over top of vegetables.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
LIGHT CREAMY COLESLAW
- Stir all dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add vegetables and stir to coat well.
This is the freshest variation on slaw that I have seen in a long time. The ingredients are a bit out of the norm--jicama and cilantro to start with--but the crunch and flavor are to die for. There is enough of the familiar flavors to provide comfort--but your taste buds will love the change. I love all kinds of slaw, but this one tops my list! This recipe comes from Juan-Carlos Cruz (Calorie Commando/FoodTV). ("Cooking" time is chilling time).
Provided by SharleneW
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine vinegar, mayonnaise, poppy seeds, celery salt, and hot sauce in a small bowl, whisking until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cilantro, cabbage, shredded carrots, green onions, bell pepper and jicama.
- Pour dressing over and toss until coated with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour so slaw is thoroughly chilled and flavores blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.1, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 7, Sodium 816.1, Carbohydrate 11.2, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 5.2, Protein 1.9
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and toss to coat.
- Let sit in fridge for atleast two hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.3, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 219.4, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3.7, Protein 1
SWEET, CREAMY COLESLAW
I never liked coleslaw until I tried my husband's great aunt's. Now I can't get enough of it! Great with BBQ pork sandwiches. You can also use a bag of slaw mix instead of shredding the cabbage and carrots yourself.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Shred cabbage and carrots into a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl; blending well.
- Pour over shredded vegetables and stir to coat.
- Amounts of dressing ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste but always use the same amount of vinegar as sugar.
EASY CREAMY COLESLAW
Give this classic side dish of crunchy grated vegetables a healthy makeover with a low-fat mustard mayonnaise dressing
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put the cabbage, carrots, spring onions and sultanas in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard in another small bowl and drizzle over the veg. Fold everything together to coat in the creamy sauce, then season to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
- Combine cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture.
- Toss lightly to coat vegetables.
- Cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 19.3, Fat 0.1, Sodium 85.2, Carbohydrate 4.4, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 2.8, Protein 0.6
People also searched
More about "creamy coleslaw food"
THE BEST CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
5/5 (2)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
CLASSIC CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
Author Steve Jackson for Food Network Kitchen FromSteps 2Difficulty Easy
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY COLESLAW WITH A FOOD PROCESSOR
CREAMY COLESLAW | RICARDO
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
BEST CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CLASSIC CREAMY COLESLAW | CANADIAN LIVING
CREAMY COLE SLAW (IN A FOOD PROCESSOR!) · ERIN BRIGHTON
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #easy #picnic #vegetarian #dietary #to-go #camping #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make coleslaw?A traditional simple coleslaw recipe that's easy to make with creamy mayonnaise and horseradish dressing and a bag of ready-made coleslaw mix. Recipe by JD. Bailey Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish, onion powder, dry mustard, celery salt, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl until sugar has dissolved.
What is coleslaw dressing made out of?Bailey Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish, onion powder, dry mustard, celery salt, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl until sugar has dissolved. Fold coleslaw mix into dressing until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
How to make fennel coleslaw?Fennel gives this coleslaw an added crunch with a hint of licorice flavour. If you have one, use a mandoline to slice the hard vegetables paper-thin. Coleslaw Mix: In large bowl, toss together cabbage with 1 tsp of the salt. In separate bowl, toss together carrots, onion and remaining salt. Let both stand for 1 hour. In colander, drain cabbage.
What can I use instead of sour cream in coleslaw?In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir until blended. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream for less fat and more protein. If you like your coleslaw tart, add 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice or maybe even a julienned Granny Smith apple.