PARMESAN POTATO SOUP
Meet the Cook: Even my husband, who's not much of a soup eater, likes this. Our two boys - ages 5 and 2 - do, too. With homemade bread and a salad, it's a satisfying meal. -Tami Walters, Kingsport, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 375° for 40-60 minutes until tender. Cool, peel and cube; set aside. , In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. , Add milk and cheese; heat through. Stir in bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 800mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
CREAMY PARMESAN POTATO SOUP
Make and share this Creamy Parmesan Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Junebug
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Add potatoes and onions to boiling water.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes until done.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Lightly mash, leaving it as chunky as you like.
- (I prefer mine fairly smooth with small pieces here and there.) Return pan to medium low heat and add butter, cream cheese and milk, stirring until butter and cream cheese melt.
- Add all other ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally until parmesan cheese is melted.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- If soup is too thick add more milk and if it is too thin add more cheese.
CREAMY POTATO SOUP
Make this delicious Creamy Potato Soup in less than an hour! Sprinkle this scrumptious soup with crumbled bacon and Parmesan when finished.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook dressing and garlic in large saucepan on medium heat 5 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add flour; cook and stir 3 min.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth; stir. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 20 min. or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Gradually add sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Cook 5 min., stirring frequently.
- Serve topped with bacon and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 760 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 6 g
DELICIOUS THICK CREAMY POTATO SOUP
One of the best potato soups, I think the sour cream makes the difference, I like to add in the cayenne pepper for just a bit of heat, and I most always double the complete recipe and use 4 russet potatoes and 4 red potatoes. If desired you can add in some cooked cubed potatoes just before serving and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, I most always do! you will love this!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the potatoes in a pot with chicken broth, onions, garlic and celery; bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the stove and cool slightly (or you can refrigerate to puree later) using an electric mixer or a food processor blend until a smooth (leaving a few chunks of potatoes is fine!).
- Add in 1 cup milk or half and half, Parmesan cheese and bouillon cubes or packets, then place back on the stove to heat slowly.
- In a medium bowl whisk the 1-1/2 cups sour cream with the flour until blended.
- Pour 1/3 of the heated potato/milk mixture into the sour cream; mix then pour it back into the remainder of the soup; stir to combine, then heat on top of the stove.
- Season with salt and pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) then ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped green onions.
People also searched
More about "creamy parmesan potato soup food"
THE BEST POTATO SOUP RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (308)Calories 441 per servingCategory Main Course
- Combine diced potatoes, carrots, celery and onions with chicken broth in a large pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat (it will take about 10 minutes to reach a boil).
- Once it reaches a boil reduce heat to medium and continue to cook about 15 - 20 minutes longer until potatoes are very soft when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat, add flour and cook for 1 minute while whisking constantly. While whisking, slowly add milk and cook, stirring constantly until mixture begins thicken.
EASY CREAMY HOMEMADE POTATO SOUP - INSPIRED TASTE
Reviews 39Calories 224 per servingCategory Soup, Entree
22 BEST POTATO SOUP RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
EASY CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
NANA’S CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CREAMY POTATO SOUP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ROASTED GARLIC, POTATO, AND PARMESAN SOUP - SERIOUS EATS
SMOOTH POTATO SOUP WITH ROASTED GARLIC - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
5/5 (15)Total Time 1 hrCategory Soup And StewPublished Jan 15, 2023
PARMESAN POTATO SOUP - LIL' LUNA
CREAM OF POTATO SOUP WITH PARMESAN - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
SLOW COOKER POTATO SOUP WITH PARMESAN – MUST LOVE HOME
BEST CREAMY PARMESAN POTATO SOUP RECIPES
INSTANT POT POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SLOW COOKER POTATO SOUP RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
INSTANT POT POTATO LEEK SOUP WITH SPINACH AND PARMESAN
CREAMY POTATO SOUP AND HOMEMADE CRACKERS - AN ITALIAN IN MY …
PERFECTLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CREAM OF POTATO SOUP WITH PARMESAN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CREAM OF POTATO SOUP RECIPES
O'CHARLEY'S LOADED POTATO SOUP RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CREAM OF POTATO SOUP RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
HOW A SIMPLE SOUP CAN BE A GATEWAY TO 3 ADDITIONAL MEALS
PARMESAN POTATO SOUP RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CHIVE AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
PARMESAN POTATO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CERTIFIED ORGANIC, PULLED PORK LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #soups-stews #potatoes #vegetables #vegetarian #dietary
You'll also love