HOT AND CRISPY FISH SANDWICH
- For the crispy fish: Heat 1 inch vegetable oil to 375 degrees F in a heavy-bottomed pan. Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and 2 tablespoons hot sauce. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cayenne, chili powder and 1 teaspoon each garlic powder and paprika.
- In a small saucepan (or in the microwave), melt the butter with the honey, remaining 2 tablespoons hot sauce and a pinch each garlic powder and paprika.
- In batches, dip the fish fillets into the egg mixture, coating each side, then let the excess drip off. Dredge in the flour mixture, coating each side. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Use a pastry brush to coat each fillet with the melted butter mixture.
- For the sandwiches: Serve the fish on the toasted hoagie rolls with tartar sauce, shredded iceberg, sliced tomato and pickles.
CRISPY FISH OR CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH SPICY MAYONNAISE
A recipe for 2; easily doubles. Panko crispy fish or chicken with a wonderful spicy mayo. Looks like a lot of ingredients, but can be thrown together quickly. See "Note" at bottom of directions for the chicken version.
Provided by gailanng
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Spicy Mayonnaise: In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot sauce, and rice vinegar until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oil in saute pan.
- Wash fillets and pat dry with a towel. Lightly sprinkle with Cajun seasoning on both sides.
- In one bowl, place flour mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning. In a separate bowl place the panko and in a third bowl, beat together the egg, Dijon mustard and 1 1/2 tbs. water.
- Dredge fillets into flour, then the egg mixture and lastly, the panko. Add fish or chicken to oil and fry until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes depending on thickness. Remove to a paper towel lined platter.
- To assemble, spread the Spicy Mayonnaise mixture on both inner sides of the toasted pistolettes then layer within the hot fish (or chicken) fillets, romaine, tomatoes and onion slices.
- NOTE: For the chicken version, with a mallet pound skinless, boneless breast fillets to a 1/8" thickness then proceed with recipe instructions.
CRISPY FISH SANDWICHES WITH WASABI AND GINGER
Wasabi, ginger, and soy sauce give this otherwise typical fried fish sandwich a bright and spicy flavor.
Provided by Annacia
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime zest, 1 teaspoons of the lime juice, and the wasabi paste. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more wasabi, if you like.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs and 1 Tbs. of the soy sauce until combined. Put the panko in another wide shallow bowl.
- Pat the fish fillets dry and lightly season with salt. Working with one fillet at a time, dip it in the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off, then coat with the panko, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the fish. Set each breaded fillet on a plate or tray as you finish it.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 cup of the oil over medium heat until shimmering hot. Fry the fish, flipping once, until well browned and just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain and sprinkle each fillet with a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the remaining 1 Tbs. lime juice, 1 Tbs. soy sauce, 1 Tbs. oil, the ginger, 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Add the lettuce and toss to coat.
- Spread the wasabi mayonnaise on both cut sides of the buns. Put one fish fillet on the bottom of each bun, and then top with the lettuce and the bun top.
CRISPY FISH SANDWICH
This recipe has all the makings for your new favorite classic fish sandwich: Crispy fried white flounder fillets enveloped in two thick slices of white bread, piled high with iceberg lettuce, pickles, onions, and of course, potato chips.
Provided by Molly Baz
Yield Makes 4
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine onion, pickles, and pickle brine in a small bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, dill, hot sauce, pepper, 2 tsp. lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp. salt in another small bowl.
- Place eggs, panko, and flour in 3 separate shallow medium bowls. Season each fish fillet with 1/2 tsp. salt. Working one at a time, dredge fish in flour, shaking off excess. Coat evenly with egg, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Coat with panko, pressing to adhere. Transfer fish to a plate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Cook fish until breading is golden brown and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a paper towel-lined plate. Season fillets with 1/2 tsp. salt total.
- Spread 1 heaping Tbsp. mayonnaise mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Pile each bottom slice with 3/4 cup lettuce, 1 fish fillet, a small handful of potato chips, and 1/4 cup onion mixture. Close sandwich with second slice of bread, mayo side down, and push down lightly to crush potato chips. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve with lemon wedges and more potato chips alongside.
- Do Ahead: Pickled onions and dill sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
People also searched
More about "crispy fish sandwich food"
FAST FOOD FISH SANDWICHES, RANKED - WIDE OPEN EATS
ARBY’S BRINGS BACK CRISPY FISH SANDWICH FOR 2022
CRISPY FISH SANDWICH – FOODATHOME
CRISPY FISH & CHICKEN - 50 PHOTOS & 34 REVIEWS - YELP
HEALTHY CRISPY FISH SANDWICH WITH PINEAPPLE SLAW - FOOD.COM
THE BEST FAST-FOOD FISH SANDWICH — EAT THIS NOT THAT
THIS IS THE CRISPIEST FRIED FISH YOU'LL EVER EAT - FOOD & WINE
CRISPY FISH SANDWICH - ANOTHERFOODBLOGGER
FISH SANDWICH | THE COZY APRON
CRISPY FISH SANDWICHES RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CRISPY FRIED FISH SANDWICHES - THE SEASONED MOM
CRISPY FISH SANDWICH - KEY LIME LEXI
CRISPY FRIED FISH SANDWICH VARIATIONS : R/COOKING
ARBY'S CRISPY FISH SANDWICH FOOD REVIEW - YOUTUBE
BETTER-THAN-FAST-FOOD CRISPY FISH SANDWICH - CATZ IN THE KITCHEN
CRISPY FISH SANDWICH NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS MUCH
FRIED FISH SANDWICH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A CRISPY FRIED FISH …
CRISPY FISH SANDWICH WITH CHARRED JALAPEñO-LIME SAUCE | BEYOND …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you serve with fish sandwiches?I serve the fish sandwich with thick-cut potato chips or fries. This fish sandwich is a deliciously hot and crispy favorite, piled high with a tangy and spicy slaw for kick, plus briny pickle slices! Begin by gathering and prepping all of the fish sandwich ingredients according to the ingredients list above to have organized and ready for use.
What is the best way to make fried fish crispy?For the crispy fish: Heat 1 inch vegetable oil to 375 degrees F in a heavy-bottomed pan. Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and 2 tablespoons hot sauce. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cayenne, chili powder and 1 teaspoon each garlic powder and paprika.
Can you make fried fish sandwiches at home?Skip the fast-food drive-thru or the beach-side seafood shack, because making classic Crispy Fried Fish Sandwiches at home is so easy! A battered cod fillet is topped with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce and served on a buttered, toasted bun.
How do you make a fish sandwich with potato chips?Pile each bottom slice with ¾ cup lettuce, 1 fish fillet, a small handful of potato chips, and ¼ cup onion mixture. Close sandwich with second slice of bread, mayo side down, and push down lightly to crush potato chips. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve with lemon wedges and more potato chips alongside.