CRISPY TROUT WITH KITCHEN BUTTER SAUCE
- If it's convenient, set the serving plates to warm in a low oven (175 degrees F) as you prepare the fish.
- For the sauce, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and thyme and cook them briefly until lightly browned. Add the cream, bring it to a boil and reduce quickly by half. Add the remaining 10 tablespoons butter gradually, pat by pat, whisking until incorporated. When the sauce is smooth and thick, discard the garlic and thyme and add the chives, sherry vinegar, tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat two large cast-iron skillets over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and dust the skin sides with the flour. When the pans are hot, add enough canola oil to thinly coat the bottom of each and add a fish to each pan, skin-side down. Cook until the skins turn golden brown and opaque doneness creeps into the pink flesh of the fish. You want to cook the fish nearly all the way through on the skin side. Flip the fish and transfer them to a plate to keep warm in the oven. Cook the remaining fish.
- Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of sauce onto each warm plate, top with a trout, skin side pointing up, and serve immediately.
PAN FRIED WHOLE TROUT
- Remove gills from fish and discard. Rinse fish under cold water.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- In shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Raise heat to high. Dredge fish in flour mixture and fry in hot oil for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat flakes with a fork. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 711.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.8 g, Cholesterol 194.9 mg, Fat 33.2 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 73.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 763.8 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- In a wide flat dish, combine the bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, zest of 1 lemon and salt, to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard and the juice of 1 lemon. Brush both sides of the trout with mustard mixture. Coat the fish on both sides with the seasoned bread crumbs and press firmly to adhere the crumbs to the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Coat a large skillet with about 1/4 to 1/2-inch of olive oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Add the fish to the pan, skin side down, and cook the fish 2/3's of the way, about 6 to 7 minutes. Carefully turn the fish over and cook the other side until the fish is brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan and drain on paper towels. You will probably need to work in batches to do 4 fish. After the first batch is done and dried on paper towels reserve it on a rack in a warm oven.
- When all the fish has been fried, remove the oil and any brown bits from the pan. Add the butter and remaining lemon juice and swirl to combine as the butter melts. Season with salt, to taste, and reduce by about half. Transfer the fish to a serving platter, drizzle with the butter lemon sauce and serve.
- What a fishtale!
PAN FRIED TROUT
This adoptee is the way we make trout on our backpacking trips, we take corneal and butter packets and hope we catch dinner. Just as easy to make at home, its a taste of the outdoors.
Provided by Dawnab
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Rinse the trout under cold running water (or in the beautiful mountain lake/stream you caught them in).
- Pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I take a zip lock baggie in my pack with salt/pepper/garlic powder mixed together).
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet on medium-high heat.
- Coat the trout in corn meal and shake off the excess.
- When the butter is melted, place the coated trout, flesh side down, in the skillet.
- Fry 4-5 minutes, then turn and fry 4-5 minutes or until the flesh is golden brown and flaky. (Trout may be seasoned with garlic or onion powder before frying if desired, I also take a lemon with me to squeeze over the top).
PAN-FRIED TROUT WITH ROSEMARY, LEMON AND CAPERS
This 1994 recipe gets Provencal flavors on the table in minutes. Fresh rosemary needles are pressed into the fillets, which are seasoned in flour and pan fried for a crisp exterior and flaky inside. A sauce built on shallots, white wine and lemon adds complexity. Pair it with a light vegetable like sautéed asparagus, or a bright arugula salad, and serve with some of that white wine for an easy, refreshing spring dinner.
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Press 1/2 teaspoon of the rosemary needles into the flesh of each trout fillet. Combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Coat the fillets in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the trout and saute until cooked through, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Remove the trout from the pan and place on warmed plates. Add the shallots to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 15 seconds.
- Pour in the wine and reduce to 1/3 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, capers and remaining teaspoon rosemary and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place 1 trout fillet on each of 4 plates, spoon the sauce over the trout and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 240, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 388 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "crispy lemon coconut pan fried trout recipe 415 food"
PAN-FRIED TROUT WITH GARLIC AND LEMON RECIPE - THE …
4.3/5 (21)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, EntreeCalories 1049 per serving
HOW TO PAN-FRY TROUT FILLETS - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CRISPY FRIED TROUT RECIPE - MASHED.COM
PAN FRIED STEELHEAD TROUT - SWEET & SAVORY
STEELHEAD TROUT RECIPE WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE
PAN FRIED TROUT | FISH | EASY RECIPE | DINNER IDEAS
CRISPY-SKINNED SEARED TROUT FILLETS WITH LEMON RECIPE
CRISPY LEMON-COCONUT PAN-FRIED TROUT RECIPE | RECIPE | TROUT …
CLASSIC PAN FRIED TROUT RECIPE..SIMPLE AND SUPER FLAVORFUL
PAN-FRIED SPECKLED TROUT | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
CRISPY PAN FRIED TROUT (RECIPE) - FOODGURUUSA.COM
CRISPY PAN FRIED TROUT (RECIPE) - GAME & FISH - GAME &AMP; FISH
PAN-FRIED TROUT - RECIPE | BONAPETI.COM
PAN-FRIED TROUT RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love